Shettles method for a girl! 2ww

weedle

Reaction score
So I last dtd 2 days ago and today I am ovulating (according to my tracker). I have 2 boys already and in no rush to conceive (youngest is only 1) so I figured I'd try and increase my chances of getting a girl (although I would be over the moon with a boy!) using the shettles method. This is my 2nd month 'trying'! Anyone else in the 2ww using shettles? It's weird for me as with my boys I dtd on ovulation day and got pregnant both times!

Hi !

I am hoping for a girl and been looking at gender swaying but I wouldn't say I am mega serious about it .

We planned to start trying next month but then last min thought we'd give this month a little go and just bd on cd13. I have 28 day cycle so I assume that's 1 day before Ov but could be a little more I guess .

I purposefully didn't on cd14/15 with the shettles method in mind although I know I didn't do it quite right !

X

Hiya! We're not 100% with it all, just trying to sway the odds a little! I had cramping all yesterday on and off and sore boobs so I assume I ovulated! We didn't dtd last night (even though we were child free for the evening!) so if I've caught I'm hoping we have a good chance of a girl!

When will you be testing?

Oh and our children are very similar ages! I have a 4.5yo and a 16 month old!

Ah yes very similar !

My daughters 5th birthday is this Monday - got all the stress of organizing a birthday party for tomorrow !

This time I don't really have much hope really . I don't think I will test unless af does not turn up which is due on 14th feb .

I looked back on FF as I temped with my sons conception, and even when I had a 28 day cycle ( it used to vary more then ) I was oving around cd 16-17 . I forgot about that so chances are that could still be the case and so just bd on cd 13 prob wasn't enough if I didn't ov till 16/17 don't you think ?

Next month I plan to start temping and charting - do you temp ? Xx

No my cycles are really textbook so I've never needed to really! Just worked it out through cramps and cm. I had really easy ttc journeys with my 2 boys luckily!

You may get lucky! I'd days if you o on cd 16 and bd on cd13 then if you do conceive it would be a high chance of a girl!

Weeble- any luck for you ?

Not for me - this cycle I am trying to focus more on diet than timing xx

Hello! I just happened upon this thread when searching for gender swaying. We are starting this month, I'm on CD8 today. I have OPKs coming in the mail tomorrow. I just got off of BCP, so I have no idea what my cycle will be like. What kinds of changes are you making to your diet this month?

I am taking cranberry supplements , eating mostly vegetarian ( some chicken no red meat ) generally trying not to snack and eat very well and smaller portions to lose weight which is meant to sway pink , eating calcium rich foods but not in huge amounts X

How about you what do you plan?

I am taking cranberry supplements , eating mostly vegetarian ( some chicken no red meat ) generally trying not to snack and eat very well and smaller portions to lose weight which is meant to sway pink , eating calcium rich foods but not in huge amounts X

How about you what do you plan?

I am eating healthy too - mainly trying to lose a few pounds. I don't eat wheat or processed food, so I feel like my diet is more blue swaying... but I am trying to eat more acidic foods, lemon water daily, etc. I will maintain my current cardio exercise of high-intensity spin class 4x per week. Are you taking any supplements?

Have you been doing the shettles timing method for a while? I'm not sure I believe it, but it is worth a shot!

I've decided not to try the timing method . I have heard that diet is more of a factor and I don't think I'm doing that well at that either !! I knew getting confused with what I should and shouldn't eat !

Why do you say no wheat and no processed food is blue sway? I also tend to eat very low wheat and no processed too !

Ah what will be will be :) x

I've decided not to try the timing method . I have heard that diet is more of a factor and I don't think I'm doing that well at that either !! I knew getting confused with what I should and shouldn't eat !

Why do you say no wheat and no processed food is blue sway? I also tend to eat very low wheat and no processed too !

Ah what will be will be :) x

I haven't been doing well with the diet either :( Oh well. I'm not sure I even buy the whole gender swaying thing.

For pink sway, you are supposed to eat low calorie, low fat, low protein, and mostly carbs, while actively trying to lose weight. Also skipping breakfasts, incorporating artificial sugar, alcohol, coffee. 6-7 days/week of high-intensity cardio exercise. Smoking even sways pink. The lifestyle doesn't seem healthy to me.

I just find it hard to believe that these lifestyle choices (some clearly unhealthy) make you more likely to conceive a girl.

Well - I am losing weight at the no but I'm not doing any of the artificial sweetener and stuff or alcohol, I have no caffeine and I'm only really doing moderate exercise at the mo !

I'm taking cranberry supplements as I felt at least they protect from uti which I had got in past when bding so often !

I am not keen to go so mad with swaying because if I get a boy - I will feel guilty that I tried so hard to get a girl lol.

I'm being healthier than every before and I'm not going to start drinking coffee and having sweeteners and stuff so whatever will be will be ;)

I am trying to eat a lot less meat - mostly vegetarian but not eating loads and loads of carbs .

I'm avoiding the big O when bding . Have you heard that ? Meant to make the ph of vagina higher so therefore more boy sperm friendly

I'm reading Dr shettles book but I'm swaying blue after 3 girls! The main two things that away either way are the pH of the vagina but even more importantly, the timing(boy sperm die quickly so as far away from O but still within range so you can get pregnant). I've heard to people using vinegar douches successfully for a girl, but I wouldn't recommend:haha: hope you get your girls!

ETA: lemon water has an alkalising effect in the body! It's used for the alkaline diet.

I'm reading Dr shettles book but I'm swaying blue after 3 girls! The main two things that away either way are the pH of the vagina but even more importantly, the timing(boy sperm die quickly so as far away from O but still within range so you can get pregnant). I've heard to people using vinegar douches successfully for a girl, but I wouldn't recommend:haha: hope you get your girls!

ETA: lemon water has an alkalising effect in the body! It's used for the alkaline diet.

Ha, you are right. Lemon water sways blue. This is too confusing! I think I am destined to have another boy! :wacko:

Handy bit of info there re the lemon!

When you said about the lemon water I though ' oh that's above easy thing to do !' Confusing !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->