Shift worker

Flannz94

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks pregnant and on my 4th of 6 nights, I'm a nurse. Are any of you other ladies shift workers? It's so hard to stay awake, for the last week or so I've been so exhausted all the time! Do any of you ladies have this night shift problem?!

I'm a night nurse too! Its soooooooo hard! I feel your pain. Its slowly getting better. I try to lay down on my lunch break now, even if its only 30 mins. Just putting my feet up and closing my eyes helps a little, even if I don't actually fall asleep. Do you do 8s or 12s? I do 3 12s, which makes for incredibly long shifts, but then its over. I feel better than I did a few weeks ago, I hope it gets better for you too.

I rotate shifts, we do 12`s as well. To be honest I'm ok at work, it's when I'm on my days off that I'm exhausted. At work I just keep plodding on and avoid sitting down or I'd never get up again.

I'm a shift worker, I do the deathly shift of starting work at 4am :(
It's a killer by the time I get home I'm a walking zombie ,

i work nights too! it is a killer in the first trimester. i did sleep when i was left alone! oooops! it is easier in the 2nd tri and i actually find if i have no sleep before a night shift im more alert in the night! strange

Thanks for the replies ladies! I do 8 hour night shift but I usually do 5 or 6 consecutively! Does anyone else just get random bursts of energy? Is that a pregnancy thing lol

i work nights too! it is a killer in the first trimester. i did sleep when i was left alone! oooops! it is easier in the 2nd tri and i actually find if i have no sleep before a night shift im more alert in the night! strange

How did you get the baby countdown thing to come up in your signature? :)

I'm also a nurse. For Childcare reasons I work 6pm until 2am and believe me it's a killer!!! Home at 2.15, sleeping by 3 then up at 6.30! I only do 2 a week so it's not too bad there! Being newly pregnant doesn't help matters at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->