Shocked a woman I know got the top of her babies ears pierced(Culture thing?)

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
My mums friends daughter had a baby and she is 7 months old, well on the way to work today I bumped into her and had a quick cuddle with her little girl. As I was looking at her I caught a glimpse of the top of her ear and it looked like she had a tiny hole there (I was convinced it wasn't hold and maybe just a mark) so I mentioned it to the the girl , I said "she has a weird mark on her ear" she looked and "went oh no they are pierced". The top of her ears are pierced :wacko:. I didn't say anything just gave her a funny look and said I had to get to work. On the way to work I was still in shock.She is from african desent though so I'm wondering if its part of her culture :shrug: I'm still in shock though x

I've no idea if it's cultural! But I know a woman who got all three of her girls ears peirced within the first 5 months. I would never do it but they say that it hurts less when they're really little! I don't know how anyone can prove that!!!!

:shock:

Never heard of that before! Thats really awful :( That part can shatter cartilidge and allsorts!! x

no idea really. maybe its like indian girls and their noses?

I live in the US, and I am not against getting the regular part of the ear pierced...but I have never heard of anywhere that will pierce cartilage on a small child/baby.

I dno about the tops of ears lol thats going a bit far for me! some people are quite chuffed with themselves when they get that done as an adult lol, as a body modification or w.e lol :) if it is a cultural thing they i suppose its not for me to judge but if its just for beauty, than i will pass ta

Oh I wouldn't I cant evan imagine that being pretty on a baby!!
Defo is shocking.

Most of my friends LO got there ears peirced before 1 and I quite think its pretty on girls now but I dont agree doing it at 5/6 months is wait till my daughter could ask 2/3yrs atleast x

I've never heard of or seen that on a baby, how weird! I hope it was pierced with a needle at least and not a gun, as otherwise they could have really damaged the cartiledge.

I cant imagine, I have mine pierced and it hurt badly, I cant imagine how badly it hurt the baby 0.o

Ear piercing is really common in young babies here (I didn't do it). I have NEVER seen a baby with the cartlidge though. Perhaps it is cultural??

I would imagine that would more seriously affect the growth of the ear then a soft tissue piercing. Ack.. I love cartilage piercings, but woahhh...

I'm going to sound really niave does cartledge hurt more than a ear lobe piercing? And I agree with some of the ladies I dod think it must be cultural as I have never come across this before and I work with babies so see a huge range of families x

Yes it does. Commonly babies have their ears pierced with guns which is another worry of mine. Gun piercings could shatter the cartilage.

I can't imagine trying to get a cartlidge piercing to heal well on a baby. I have three and they were all a nightmare to heal. I've never seen it on a young child but I can't imagine many reputable piercers being happy to do it.

Ow, I had that part of my ear pierced and it hurt to sleep on. Took it out and had it done again a few months later, hurt to sleep on again!

ouchies! Though I did see a photo of a baby with their nose pierced (parent did it because they thought it was funny)

Laura that's sick, hurting your child cuz it funny :nope:

As for the cartilage, ive got all up my ear done and it was painful and really hurts to sleep on, why would you do that to a baby! I do like lobe piercings on kids (I had mine done when I was a baby) but Cartilage that's just going a bit far IMO
Maybe it's not cultural (I've got lots of African friends and alot of them don't even have their ears pierced for risk of keyloids (I think that's what their called)
Maybe it's just the mother being a dumbass :shrug:

I haven't got anything done I just couldn't do it to myself let alone my baby! It scares me haha!

:( wrong, cultural or not. im sick of that being used as an excuse to be a bad parent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->