Shoes...

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
Findlay is getting fitted with his AFOs (splints) next Friday and we then need to take him to find shoes to go over the top as he has to wear shoes over them.

We've been warned that it will be a nightmare to find shoes to fit and he'll have to have shoes several sizes bigger than his actual feet to accomodate the splints, the shoes will need to be deep fitting (and we'll most likely have to rip insoles out to make them deep enough) and the strap around the ankle can cause big issues with finding shoes to fit etc.

There is an independent footwear shop that has been recommended to us but if they don't have anything in stock that fits I'll need to go to the likes of Clarks but I was wondering if I take him to Clarks will they refuse to fit him for shoes as he isn't cruising, walking etc or will they make an exception as it's for a medical reason that he needs shoes? :shrug:

Don't really have any advice but surely if you explained the situation they would do it for you? Well you'd hope so anyway! Maybe give your local store a call and speak to the store manager?

x x

I don't think he needs to be walking or cruising to be fitted for shoes. As above I would just explain the situation :flower: good luck x

I think Clarks would be fine, or you could also try John Lewis? There are also probably a few independent children's shoe shops in the 'Shire but i'm not sure where - google might throw some up? xx

I'll ask my mother in law. She will know, she knows eeeeeeverything. ;)

:rofl:

No seriously I think Clarks could sort you out xxx

Thanks girls. Hopefully I'm just over worrying and there won't be any probs with getting them to fit him for shoes.

I have a horrible feeling that the poor boy is going to look like he's got clown feet when we find shoes to fit over the AFOs! :haha:

ahh bless Clarks should fit him, I went in with Mckenzie and even though I said that I don't think they will do walking shoes small enough for him they still measured him.

If not try start-rite.

oh and congrats on the pregnancy :)

Clarks shoes don't fit over Tegan's AFO's hun. We took in 4 different clarks and about 6 other shoe shops and didn't find a single shoe that fit. If they did fit she looked like a clown :(
The only shoes we have found that fit her are cheap ones from Primark x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->