Shopping bill?!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Be honest, what's the shopping bill like with 2+ children? I'm looking at what I just brought home to feed me, hubby and 2 eldest (youngest is still on milk only obviously but if he follows his brothers he'll be weaning from about 18 weeks which isn't that far away :wacko:) and it's monstrous. Mountains of snacks, meat, fruit, veg and fruit juice. I spend about £60 a week at the moment give or take a little.

I cook 'from scratch' virtually every night to try to keep us healthy and to keep the bills down but it seems to be rising as the boys get older.

What is is going to be like when I have 3 children all eating 3 meals a day? Or when I have 3 teenage boys?!!

I think that's pretty good going. We spend between £50 - £60 per week for 2 adults and an 18 month old!

I think that sounds good. I go food shopping every fortnight and it comes up to £100.00 for 2 adults and my 4 yr old DD (who doesnt need much). We still have to go to local shops though for anything we need mid-week.

That doesn't sound too bad to me.

I shop weekly for 2 adults, one 6yo boy who eats stacks and one 4yo girl who eats ok. I spend around £75 per week at my main shop and then other bits and pieces as and when.
I do a scan as you shop so I know what I'm spending as I'm going along. It's usual that I have spent around £30 on just fruit and veg!!
I could spend less if I had to but I don't so it's nice being able to get the little extras.

I am dreading my eldest becoming a teen. He eats almost constantly from when he gets home from school until 30min before dinner.

We spend about $1000 CAN a month, but that includes soap, shampoo ect too. Not clothing.

We spend £100 a week, sometimes more. £10 of that is formula though, and we buy nappies and wipes from it. Both my older ones have packed lunches too so that jumps it up a lot too :( I think £60 is good!x

We spend £100 a week, sometimes more. £10 of that is formula though, and we buy nappies and wipes from it. Both my older ones have packed lunches too so that jumps it up a lot too :( I think £60 is good!x

If you add in nappies etc you are looking at about £80-85. I work hard at it lol. It's gone up by £10 a week food wise since eddy turned about 9/10 months and is on 3 proper meals. 3 teenagers are going to be fun to keep up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->