Short follicle phase, early ovulation

Anke82

Reaction score
In the past months I noticed I am ovulating very early, like on day 8-10. Does anyone had this as well and still managed to get pregnant? I am reading on internet that it is an ageing sign and that conception becomes more difficult. I am 40 now.

Hello love. This was me writing this very same post back in 2020. My normol ovulation was day 12/13 but after experiencing a chemical I ended up ovulating on cd8 after. We didn’t fall that cycle but we did the cycle after but again ended in a Chemical. I ovulated cd 8 again and like u was Googling and everything I was reading was so negative. I was 40 at the time too and read the same as you have.
Watched a fertility video on YouTube and they was saying how ovulation b4 cd12 is not good for pregnancy. Something about the egg being to premature.
I did go on to ovulate at my normol time after the 2nd chemical but I went on to have another 2 chemicals. But those 2 didnt efffect my ovulation like the first 2.
Then after 4 chemicals and 11 cycles ttc I fell with my son, but I was already counting myself out because I randomly ovulated early again on cd10. So thought I was out. but I was pregnant and he’s now 8 months old. I was 41 when we fell with him.

So all that nonsense about ovulation b4 day 12 being no good was clearly wrong. I was doing opks and got my peak on cd9 and cd10 had ovulation pain followed by a temp rise so I definitely Ovulated cd10.

I hope that helps.

There are things that can make ovulation later. Maca can make ovulation later. I was taking it last cycle. My ovulation is always fat 12 to 13. By cd16 I still hadn’t ovulated and being 42 was thinking the worst. Then I googled can maca delay ovulation and a bunch of stuff came up saying it can. I stopped taking it on cd16 and I ovulated cd19 which for me is supper late.

Oh Suggerhoney, thank you so much for your response! I did today my 4th IUI (day 9), fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->