Short Luteal Phase

lm3898

Trying for a 3rd!
Reaction score
Hello all...so I'm confused. :huh:

This is my first cycle off bcp...I had not had a period in the last 12 months being on bcp for so long but my doc told me that was normal. I finished bcp on 6/11. I used opk's and got +LH test at 11 a.m. on 7/1...figured I was due for bfp or af on 7/16...but got AF this morning! :witch:

That would mean I had a short luteal phase of 9 or 10 days. When I google that, it says a short phase like that is pretty bad & can be lead to poor fertility etc.

Before I drive myself crazy I wanted to ask if anyone had this same/similar thing right after going off bcp and it then stabilized...or knows someone etc.

Help if you can!

Thanks,
LC

A good friend of mine did! We both have little boys only 1 month apart in age... she took BC for around 10 years, and went off it to TTC. It took them almost 2 years to conceive, but only because the doc wouldn't do anything until they'd tried for at least a year. Turns out her progesterone levels were too low.

To help with this, you can take some vitamins/natural supplements! Vitamin B6 can help... My friend was told to take Vitex (also known as chasteberry), and it helped her regulate and conceive. It is supposed to help lengthen your luteal phase.

Hope this helps!

hi, after tracking for the first time myself, i found i had a luteal phase of only 8 days! I'm now taking a vit B6 + B12 supplement as this is supposed to encourage Progestragen (the hormone that causes implantation?! if this doesn't help i've been told i sjould go to the docs and get hormone gel and/or clomid....

I've been charting for 3 months, and it appears as if I have a short luteal phase. Anyone can share this experience with me with a successful outcome. THANKS. Any advice?

Thank you all! I bought a 50 mg b6 supplement on amazon so I'll start that when it gets here Monday. I also get b6 from a prenatal I started on [can't be too prepared lol] but it's not nearly enough [I heard that you are supposed to start with 50 mg and increase to 100mg of b6]. My only b6 hesitancy is that the bottle says not to take it if pregnant or nursing. I have a reg doc appt next week so I'll ask him when I'm there what he thinks...

Hi all, just wanted to share my experience with you. I had an extremely short luteal phase, due to breastfeeding - it was initially only 4 days long. So I started taking 10mg of vitamin b6 daily, which increased my LP to 8 days that month. The next month I increased the dose to 40mg daily, which has just got me my BFP. I'm completely shocked that I went from an 8 day LP one month, to a BFP the next. So there's hope for you all x

Thank you Tacita! That is good to know!! I'm going to start with B6 this cycle and
vitex agnus-castus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"