Short Luteal Phase?

I was googling luteal phase defect and birth control. I found a link that stated the BCP causes B6 deficiency by turn causing a luteal defect. Also, claimed it should right itself by 9 months. 9 months! Who wants to wait that long! :dohh: Why don't doctor's tell you these things so you can take a little vitamin and help your body along?!? I've been off the BCP for just two full cycles right now and have been stressing about my short LPs. First one 7(!) days, second 10 days. I think I'm going to take some B6.

Do try to take it along with the other B vits....a B Complex is best...

I was googling luteal phase defect and birth control. I found a link that stated the BCP causes B6 deficiency by turn causing a luteal defect. Also, claimed it should right itself by 9 months. 9 months! Who wants to wait that long! :dohh: Why don't doctor's tell you these things so you can take a little vitamin and help your body along?!? I've been off the BCP for just two full cycles right now and have been stressing about my short LPs. First one 7(!) days, second 10 days. I think I'm going to take some B6.

Hi Viking! 10 days on your second cycle is not bad though... a bit of B complex and you should be up to 12-14 in no time.

Interesting about BCP possibly causing LP defect, I hadn't heard that before... might account for my issues though, until 5 months ago I had been on BCP for nearly 20 years! (on and off) I guess it's to be expected that that would cause issues.

Good luck for cycle 3!

Do try to take it along with the other B vits....a B Complex is best...

Yes, second this, apparently it is not good to take B6 on its own...

Indigo I just had a squiz at your chart - looks very promising eh! FX for you...

Thanks for the tip! Going to buy some vitamins tomorrow!
FXed for you Indigo! :dust:

I wish had known that B vitamin info about BC!! Good lord, I've been off 8 months now and still have issues in that area....would have been REALLY good to know about the LP. ARGH!!

I have shortish LP -- 25-26 day cycle with 10 day LP. This month I took a multivitamin with all the B vitamins plus an extra 100 mg B6 per day and Day 25 of cycle :bfp:

Good luck and lots of :dust:

I have shortish LP -- 25-26 day cycle with 10 day LP. This month I took a multivitamin with all the B vitamins plus an extra 100 mg B6 per day and Day 25 of cycle :bfp:

Wow! Congrats 35inMT! That is fantastic!!! :happydance: And good to know regarding the 10 day LP. I was concerned that it could be too short but sounds like it was a winner for you.

Wishing you a happy and easy 9 months!!

That's awesome, congratulations!! All the best for a happy/healthy 9 months...

I must say, it is good to hear it is possible with short(er) LPs...

Just to say good luck to all :flower: after lots of tx which was unsuccessful and one mc :(:(:(,i worked out i had a short LP (no thanks to docs) and started taking angus castus,B50 complex and progesterone and got my beautiful baby boy :cloud9: the consultant didn't believe it was any thing to do with progesterone :dohh: what do they know :wacko: i had a progesterone test 7 days after ovulation and straight after the test i started the progesterone and got my bfp, any how a few weeks later the test came back that i hadn't ovulated!!! :wacko: :haha: they reckon i got my dates wrong :roll: but the proof is in the pudding so they say :haha: any way if you have followed this so far,well done :haha: i just wanted to share and hopefully it will give some hope out to all ttc with short LP. Good luck again. Oh and im about to try for baby number 2 so wish me luck too xxx

Just to say good luck to all :flower: after lots of tx which was unsuccessful and one mc :(:(:(,i worked out i had a short LP (no thanks to docs) and started taking angus castus,B50 complex and progesterone and got my beautiful baby boy :cloud9: the consultant didn't believe it was any think to do with progesterone :dohh: what do they know :wacko: i had a progesterone test 7 days after ovulation and straight after the test i started the progesterone and got my bfp any how a few weeks later the test came back that i hadn't ovulated!!! :wacko: :haha: they reckon i got my dates wrong :roll: but the proof is in the pudding so they say :haha: any way if you have followed this so far,well done :haha: i just wanted to share and hopefully it will give some hope out to all ttc with sort LP. Good luck again. Oh and im about to try for baby number 2 so wish me luck too xxx

Thanks cissyhope, that's really good to hear! What kind of progesterone did you take, and how much? (and for how long?)

I don't trust my doc... She of "all luteal phases ate 14 days" - ! - so I want to be armed with as much knowledge as possible.

Hi googly

I started taking cyclogest 7 days after i had ovulated (using a marvelous machine,clearblue) the reason i didnt start taking them straight after ovulating,was because i had a progesterone test,which was done 7 dpo and i started taking them straight after the test.I think its better to take straight after ovulating? not sure,i need to find out again now.I just need to ovulate at the moment,im on day 19 and still no show :wacko:
I took cyclogest twice a day,though the back door iykwim :blush: :haha: morning and night until the 12 week of my pregnancy. Although my consultant reckoned i could have stopped earlier,but then he didn't think my pregnancy was any thing to do with progesterone? ](*,) Who knows what did the trick in the end,as i was doing all sorts to maximise my chances, including taking a short course of vit d orally as well as all the other stuff i mentioned in my last post,however the fact that i was pregnant when the result came back from the test saying i hadn't ovulated,suggests to me that i must have been very low on progesterone? and the fact i took cyclogest straight after the test?! the doc i spoke to who did the test reckoned i got my dates wrong??? but i know when i ovulated and i said the proof was my Lo :dohh: Any way i just think a lot of docs treat you in one set way and to deviate from that, takes time and money which they haven't got so alot of times its down to the individual to investigate and learn :roll: sorry for the waffle and i hope iv answered your question ok. iv got to start all the tedious researching again now as although my lo is very young,im know spring chicken lo xxx

Answered it exactly, thanks heaps cissyhope!

Pleasure :flower: its really good to chat with people going through similar journeys. Where are at in your journey? x

Anyone out there have a short luteal phase?

I have a 26 / 27 day cycle and didn't ovulate this month until atleast day 16 or 17. Is this enough time for the implantation to occur?

If anyone out there has a short luteal phase - how many days is that? And what do you do to improve it to allow enough time for everything to do as it should?

:wacko:

Before I started on Clomid, my cycles ranged from 24 to 27 days. Upon getting on Clomid, my cycles were 28, 30, and 29 days---it actually extended my leutal phase as I ovulate around day 12 or 13. I know some doctors put women on Clomid for Leutal Phase Defect. On injectables though my leutal phase was 13 days for the most part, with one cycle it being 14 days. Leutal phases less than 10 days are not good, but you should be fine. Hope that helps!:winkwink:

Pleasure :flower: its really good to chat with people going through similar journeys. Where are at in your journey? x

Hi cissyhope, well, we've been ttc #1 for 5 cycles - me, 37, OH, 35 - and I wouldn't be soooo concerned about the 5 cycles if it wasn't for the fact I've noticed that I have a very short LP of 7-9 days. So that's not ideal! Seems to be more at the 9 days now since I've been taking vitex and B100 complex, but I would obviously really like/need to get it over 10 days (and preferably 12+).

At 9 dpo right now, feeling a bit AF-ish, but not major... so we'll see...

Just really looking for any options to extend that LP, and/or treat the cause. The doctor that I've been to see so far is friggin useless! But I will be looking to step that up next month and go and see a different doctor, and preferably force a trip to a FS. Just cos - at my age, I don't want to mess around! Would prefer to do it 'naturally', but I'm not against drugs if need be...!

So with the progesterone you took, did you self prescribe? Or the doc gave it to you? I've ordered some progesterone cream, I'm toying with whether I'd take that on my own accord next cycle if no better solutions from docs...

Best of luck with your trying for #2!

goggly

Thank you :flower:

Yes think my LP was 8 to 9 days. Initially after ttc for a while,we got checked out and found my oh had low sperm so was told that it was doubtful we would conceive naturally and went down the route of ivf. 3 unsuccessful cycles and one Mc,we had enough :( Thats when i started looking at myself and worked out that i had a short Lp so because i had some progesterone left over from ivf,i decided to try it and hey presto :shock: BFP :dust:
Im 38 now so understand the desire to hurry up.I just wished that i had got in tune with my own body years ago instead of trusting doctors to help us
Good luck :flower: i will be looking for your good news in the very near future x

That's so encouraging cissyhope, good to hear your story and that it can be done. I'm convinced progesterone is my problem... Will give the docs a chance to investigate first but I'm less than convinced by them so far and am prepared to figure it out by myself!

One small irony I have - my father is an endocrinologist - I really really don't want to tell my parents we are ttc but at some stage I may have to put that aside and ask him what he thinks. Have way more faith in him than my GPs! Just don't like the ideal of discussing my CM and other stuff like that with my father!! :D

Omg googly :haha: i think you should waste no more time and speak to ya dad! :haha: :blush: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->