Should I be able to feel my uterus?

Laura27

Reaction score
I've read loads about how your uterus pops up from 11 weeks and you should be able to feel it, but I can't feel anything!! How do I check?

I'm not showing at all yet and if I suck my stomach in it goes as flat as a pancake. Should I be able to see / feel something?? :shrug:

If you are s first time mum you might not be able to. It will be right down low near your pubic line area you should feel round there and where it's hard that's your uterus and you should be able to find the end of it!i didn't show with my first until I was 16-17 weeks and I don't think most people do. I've been able to feel my uterus down low since I was 6/7 weeks but this is my third pregnancy xx

I had a feel this morning when I woke up and thought I felt it just above the pubic bone but I think it was my bladder because it was gone after I had a wee!!

When you have a full bladder, it pushes your uterus up into your tummy. They may have been why you couldn't feel it after you'd been to the loo. When I had my scan on Monday, I was surprised at how far up the sonographer was looking with the probe (up to my belly button). She said it was only that far up because my bladder was so full.

It usually just starts to pop over at 12 weeks - but if you have good stomach muscles you might not feel it at all. First time round I couldn't feel it at all until well into my pregnancy. I didn't even really have a bump until I was about 25 weeks pregnant. Those stomach muscles are shot now though, so I imagine it will be earlier this time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->