Should I be as worried as I am?

sherryberry79

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Here I am asking for opinions again! I am very worried about Amelia. She is twelve weeks corrected now and she has not smiled yet. She makes eye contact, and seems to take an interest in things around her but she just won't smile. We see the community nurses on a regular basis, who keep telling me that although she is later to do it than expected there are special circumsrances that could explain this. But I just can't stop worrying.

We have an appointment with her consultant paediatrician on 10th Feb which I am thinking of bringing forward, but I also think that the longer I leave it tyhe more chance that she will smile.....and if she still hasn't by Feb 10th then she will be less likely to fob me off and tell me to sit it out and wait....as by then she will be very delayed to do it.

Just wondered when ur preemie prince/princesses did it. She was born 26+3, weighed 620g and is on home oxygen at the mo.

Cheers girls x

Alex was about 11-13 weeks corrected when she smiled on purpose. We had to really work for it.

I worry about development a lot, but it all suddenly falls into place when you dont expect it. Its just what i was thinking about a minute ago.

Thanks sb, that's encouraging....maybe I just have to be patient!

honestly i find myself worrying, but thing is, shes doing things i dont even notice because im so concerned about something else shes not doing!

i found talking to her and stroking her cheeks upwards and smiling at her seemed to encourage her in a weird way.

Andrew waves at his pal Millie :) and wonders how she's doing weight-wise, how much has she over-taken him now? ;) I'm trying to teach him that its not nice to ask a woman her weight or age!

Awwww Millie is waving back!! She was weighed a few days ago and was 9lb 3oz.
How is it going with you and Andrew? The last I heard you were weaning him and he was taking to it like a duck to water and the weight gains were much better. I think Andrew will be catching up with her very soon! :winkwink:

Hun, its totally natural to worry about development, tell me a premmy mummy that doesn't. I agree with Sandi that it all just falls into place and you wont even see it happening.

Try not to worry, she will do everything in her own time. Forget mainstream timelines.

Big Hugs Xxxx

Awwww Millie is waving back!! She was weighed a few days ago and was 9lb 3oz.
How is it going with you and Andrew? The last I heard you were weaning him and he was taking to it like a duck to water and the weight gains were much better. I think Andrew will be catching up with her very soon! :winkwink:
He was 8lb this week, so the weight gains are back on track now. And he's loving his puree and rice every day, I'm going to start him on breakfasts soon.

I was just thinking the other day, we hadn't had a Millie update recently:winkwink:

I'm not sure when Abby smiled on purpose but I would say it was around about 11 weeks or so. She wouldn't even look at us, or make eye contact or anything. But as has been said, it will all fall into place.

I would not worry about the development milestones, they do things in their own time, when they want to...similar to them arriving early...LOL!

Thanks girls, for all your replies. Millie gave her first definate smile on Friday....she may have smiled a few days before that but it was more like a grimace so I was not sure! She is still mean with her smiles, and there does not seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, but she HAS done it, and I'm so relieved that she has! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->