should i be worried, feedback plz xx

dreamofabump

Reaction score
hello everyone , so because i been on clomid doc thought it be good to get early scan to see if its twins ect. anyway i had my scan an hour ago and it showed an empty sac :-( i should be 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant surely there would have been something in there by now :nope: so they took another blood test to make make sure the numbers are rising as they should and booked me in for 2 weeks time for another scan. should i be worried ? has anbody had this happen to them ? xxx im goin out of my mind with worry

Hi huni! Mayb u ov'd a bit later than u thought. 5w5d is pretty early 2 see much. When do u get ur blood work back! I'm sure everything will be fine huni... Keep updated x x x

they should be ringing me back tonight with the results, my dh started crying bless him cause weve been trying for so long but im trying to stay positive and tell myself its just to early to see anything :shrug:
but she said my previous numbers look great so dont know what to think, i know this will be the longest two weeks of my life to wait for the next scan x

it is alittle early i bet in 2 weeks time your little bean will be seen with a strong heart beating xx

Hang in there and try not to worry until you have good reason to. I have seen countless posts like this on these forums, where they have gone and seen an empty sac, only for them to go back and see the baby a week later. Take care of yourself, drink lots of water, eat healthy and keep positive! I felt so bad for your OH when you said he cried...brought tears to my eyes! First trimester is such a scary time xx Good luck :hugs:

On 50 of clomid I ov'ed on cd21. It could be too early!

i had a scan at 5 weeks and they could only see a sac for me too! I went back 2 weeks later and got to see a baby and heartbeat so hang in there!

My dr warned me up front at 6 1/2 week scan that they often don't see anything because it is too early. After 7 is a better indicator. For 5 weeks that can be normal. Your blood work is a more reliable indicator at this point.

We had a scan with my DD (who is now 2 1/2) and there was nothing at 5+2, we had another at 7+5 and there was her little heart beating away. I'm sure if you go again, all will be well hun xxx

Another bet that it's too early to see. Don't panic yet, just keep your hopes up. :). I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts until you hear good news! I know a lot of doctors won't even see patients until 8+ weeks because until then there's not much to see. At 10 weeks, we searched forever before we could find a heartbeat. So this is totally normal.

thanks you all so much for your comments and your thoughts i feel more positive now. everybody on here is such a big help to somebody in some way and im greatful to be part of it :) i will keep you all updated and i will let ya know what my hcg level is when the doctor rings me back :) thanks again x

I had a scan done at 6 weeks and 1 day and there was the gestational sac and the yolk sac, but no fetal pole. This scared me, as I had a blighted ovum in December. However, I went back 5 days later and there my little baby was, with it's heart beating strong! :) Everything I read (and heard) said that even 6.5 weeks is too early to worry if you don't see a fetal pole---easier said than done, I know.

hia huni dont panic this happens all the time. i was put back 10days with this pregnancy, and 2 weeks with my DD although my periods are regular every 28days lasting 5-7. as long as your blood work comes back good then i really wouldnt worry as you dont see much on scans until your 6+ weeks xx

just an update ladies: the doctor rang me back last night to give me my results , he said there have doulbed again from 2448 to 4694 and to go straight up to hospital as his worried ???? so last night i turned up at the hospital all confused and the doctor told me numbers that high they should of seen more then a sac and dont think a baby goin grow !!!!! i spent the whole of last night crying my eyes out, my husband couldnt carm me down. but i said i want to leave it and wait and see if it grows and they said there only giving me a week then have another scan if no baby they want to give me d+c !!!!! i want to wait at least two weeks. what do you all think? xx

hello everyone , so because i been on clomid doc thought it be good to get early scan to see if its twins ect. anyway i had my scan an hour ago and it showed an empty sac :-( i should be 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant surely there would have been something in there by now :nope: so they took another blood test to make make sure the numbers are rising as they should and booked me in for 2 weeks time for another scan. should i be worried ? has anbody had this happen to them ? xxx im goin out of my mind with worry

Hey hun, the same happened to me. I was 5+3 had a scan and all it showed was an empty sac I had another on weds thinking I was 6+5 and bean was there happy as larry measuring ahead at 7+1 with his/her little heart beeping away like a gooden. Try not to panic, I know its hard! I went into complete melt down tbh :hugs:

I am no doctor but those numbers seem good to me for the time you're at. I bet in a week you'll see something. Wait and see what the scan shows,and what your numbers are first, but remember nobody can force you to have a d and c,if you want to wait an extra week have another scan tell them! You may never forgive yourself otherwise! Xxx

i would wait to hun, your still pretty early and you could of implanted a day or 2 later, i thought that the hcg level doubling was good? good luck and i am keeping everything crossed huni xxx

just an update ladies: the doctor rang me back last night to give me my results , he said there have doulbed again from 2448 to 4694 and to go straight up to hospital as his worried ???? so last night i turned up at the hospital all confused and the doctor told me numbers that high they should of seen more then a sac and dont think a baby goin grow !!!!! i spent the whole of last night crying my eyes out, my husband couldnt carm me down. but i said i want to leave it and wait and see if it grows and they said there only giving me a week then have another scan if no baby they want to give me d+c !!!!! i want to wait at least two weeks. what do you all think? xx

DON'T LISTEN!!! Wait it out!! My first betas at 4+3 were 1336 and my second at 4+5 were 3689 by the time I had my scan at 5+3 they would have been well over 15000 and they still didn't see anything. For god sake don't even consider D&C :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

DON'T LISTEN!!! Wait it out!! My first betas at 4+3 were 1336 and my second at 4+5 were 3689 by the time I had my scan at 5+3 they would have been well over 15000 and they still didn't see anything. For god sake don't even consider D&C :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I agree completely!

Personally myself, I wouldn't bother with a D&C especially that your pregnancy is so early on, I prefer to let nature do what it is supposed to do, they can do an ultrasound later to make sure everything has cleared, that's what happened with me when I lost my baby at 7/8 weeks.... I am sorry you are going through this, is it definitely the end though?... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->