should i be worried?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
right joshua used to have 6oz in his bottles and usually drank all of the 6oz at nearly every feed.
now he isnt having even 5oz at every feed,he is still wanting a bottle every 3 or so hours like he did when he was on 6oz.

at night he has a bottle at 6:30 ish then doesnt have another until 1ish (this is the same even though he isnt drinking the same amount)
the last few nights he has woken up for a feed but only taking an oz or so.

last night i decided to change his nappy first to see if he would settle back down as he mightbe just waking up for a nappy change.
he doesnt cry for a bottle he justs winges and grunt. (even if you leave him for 30mins or more)

he still wanted a bottle after his nappy change but only took 2oz.

why is he not taking as much milk as he did before?
should i be worried or not?

I wouldnt worry,Chloe does the same, sometimesshe will have 8oz and the next only 2oz. If he's happy and gaining weight, pooing etc I dont think its anything to worry about.

When you think about your own eating habits, you dont eat the same amount at every meal. Thats how I see it anyway

I think it is normal for them to not have quite as much at night and from what I've read on here it is normal for them to be taking lots and then take less.

However, I'm having similar problems with my LO and I am still very worried so I don't know if you should be worried or not! Is his temprement (spelling!) okay?

yeah he seems ok in him self.

i usually make up 6oz for the night so i might put it down to 3 or 4.

He might be just coming out of a growth spurt. They have one at about 6 weeks x

so what would you say is ok (how many oz )

2.5oz x his weight

That's during the course of a day, I hope. :rofl::rofl:

Chase does the same thing. He takes less during his night time feeds than he does during the day. With the exception of this morning at 2:30 where he took a full 4 oz bottle plus another ounce an hour later.

Leeanne why don't you just give him 5oz at 2:30 then? :rofl:

:rofl:

Well, my little guy is a tough one to burp. I tried and got a bit out and then he fell asleep and 5 minutes later he was up for a burp then wanted more bottle.

Trust me, not been a fun night! I've been up since 2:30 and it's almost 5 now.

I don't know how I ever did that. Caitlyn went to bed at 8pm last night and woke up at 6.30am and I am still knackered! :rofl:

:rofl:

Yes, it's going to be a long day!

How do you burp him? Like what position? I'm sure you already know this having 2 babies before but I find the easiest way to burp Caitlyn now is to lay her on a pillow and tap her back/ rub it in circles.

sorry my brain isnt in math mode today.

joshua weighs 11lbs 11oz so how much should he be having to eat?

Ugh Hannah's so backwards she eats more in the evenings and at night :rofl: In the mornings she'd rather play than eat

At 1 month he should be having approx 14-28ozs a day....all babies vary in how much they take but take him to clinic and make sure he's gaining weight ok and ask your Health Visitor what she thinks:hugs::hugs::hugs:

according to that 2.5 x weight calculation Ally isn't having nearly enough now :(

Mrs N - the 2.5 x weight calculation says Joshua should be having between 27 and 30 oz a day (I did it for 11 and 12 pounds as I couldn't be bothered to do the mathsy bit for the 11oz!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->