Should i get my hopes up?

vikki-leigh45

TTC our first - exciting!
Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
this is my first month ttc and i already feel like i'm going to get pregnant this month. Am i right to get all my hopes up in the first month or should i try and down play it a bit cause i'm looking on pregnancy sites EVERYDAY (sad i know) but i just think maybe i shouldnt as i'll probably get dissapointed :(
What was everyone like when they first started ttc?
x

There are many of us like that who haven't even started to TTC :D

Hi hun, don't worry about getting your hopes up because there is hope, you never know, you may be lucky this month :) Ill have fingers crossed for you. Always keep the excitment. Wish I had, TTC 11 months now, always hopeful;every month xxx

Thanks babe, ill be crossing my fingers and toes for you too, hope you get your bfp! :)

theres a lot to be said about the effects of a positive mental attitude...

in the words of Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams

if you build it.... they will come

XX Best wishes and heaps of baby dust XX

:dust:
fingers crossed for you!

only thing I would say is that my hopes were very hight first month - I was convinced I was pg, it was a big downer when :witch: arrived. not saying you are not going to be successful, and being positive is a great thing, but obviously the more positive you are the bigger the comedown if you aren't pg.

:dust:
fingers crossed for you!

only thing I would say is that my hopes were very hight first month - I was convinced I was pg, it was a big downer when :witch: arrived. not saying you are not going to be successful, and being positive is a great thing, but obviously the more positive you are the bigger the comedown if you aren't pg.

Yeah thats what i thought cause if im not im gonna be so disappointed, cause before when i had a pg scare as much as i was scared when i found out i wasnt pregnant, i cried and i weren't even ttc then so god knows what im gonna be like now! lol I'll just take it as it comes and try not to come on here 10 times a day and other sites lol
Fingers crossed for you hun :)

hey i have been ttc for about a month now and where ive been on so many pills over the last year i have had no periods or anythin and im constantly trying to take pregnancy tests just to see! (so yes im sad too!) i hope i do get pg very soon, because the more i try not to think about it, the more i cant stop! any one else get like that?!?! Mia x

hey i have been ttc for about a month now and where ive been on so many pills over the last year i have had no periods or anythin and im constantly trying to take pregnancy tests just to see! (so yes im sad too!) i hope i do get pg very soon, because the more i try not to think about it, the more i cant stop! any one else get like that?!?! Mia x

Me too this is my first proper period in 2 years cause i've been on different pills.
Yeah i keep saying to OH 'keep me distracted' but hes just the same as me the more we try not to think about it the more we go mad and get excited. The other day we were just jumping on the bed screaming from where we got so excited of the thought i could be pregnant in a week or so lmao crazy i know
Baby dust for you hun :)

how long have you been ttc? my OH keeps trying to stop me thinking about it n says it wont happen if i keep gettin down about it one minute n excited the next lol, hormones for you i suppose! doesnt really help that every where i turn theres a bloody pregnant person! lol hard to stop thinking about it when you dont stop seeing pregnancy and kids! but my OH's brothers GF announced on friday she was PG, so big congrats to her:D

i started getting obsessed last month and i would be so excited i made myself feel sick :rofl:
im a little calmer but still feel like im flapping :rofl:

its good to be positive hun xx

good luck on ttc xxx

Hey

I wouldnt get my hopes to high. However at the same time you never know its just one of these things.

Good luck hope you get a :bfp: soon xx:hugs:

I got my BFP the first month of trying although ended in MMC. But it is possible.

Vik

ok so I have been off the pill since the 14th Feb and still no AF (or bfp) and whilst there are women who's body goes back to normal quickly there are others who don't and get every symptom under the sun but there is always hope, as long as you are prepared that it might not happen straight away.

good luck, i would advise to try to be positive, but realistic that it might not happen straight away, although that is easier said than done! xx

ok so I have been off the pill since the 14th Feb and still no AF (or bfp) and whilst there are women who's body goes back to normal quickly there are others who don't and get every symptom under the sun but there is always hope, as long as you are prepared that it might not happen straight away.

Yeah i had a lot of symptoms but one day i woke up and they just went i came off the pill more or less the same time you did so my fingers are crossed for you hun i know how it feels
Yeah i'm gonna try and not talk about it as much, although went to the zoo today and there was babies and pregnant women EVERYWHERE! i was like 'great!' lol

I know how you feel. DH and I start TTC in May and even though I know our chances of conceiving the first month are slim, I can't help but hope for the best. I'm also worried it will make it worse if :witch: comes.

Oh God ! I know how you feel. I am TTC for 5 months now.Charting and timing and all that jazz...can not stop thinking about that too. Maybe this month I will be lucky. I have had a positive OPK for the last 6 days and I already ovulated on 31/03 so maybe...I am hoping...

I've been pregnant twice and both times we got our BFP after the first month of trying. Having said that though, we're just entering the second month of trying after our second miscarriage. Like vickie said, it is possible. Stay positive and don't go too crazy! :)

Hope is a beautiful thing. If you hope that one day something will happen, then you have Faith that it's possible. Remaining hopeful in the face of disappointment is a virtue, yet a needed one for TTC. Some women are blessed to get preggers right away, others have to wait a while. Your miracle may turn out to be very unexpected, but you will cherish it (and appreciate the process by and by) nonetheless.
May God bless you with a beautiful miracle!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->