Should I get this checked out or is it normal?

CottlestonPie

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
Hi ladies... Think maybe im being paranoid but I just wanted to check.
Last night I woke up to pee but I found it so painful to stand. I had a pain from my right hip all the way to my ribs. It felt like all the muscles down that side had cramped and nseized up.
This morning (maybe 3 hours later) it just aches.

Has anyone else had this?

I did move house this week so I dunno if I overworked myself and that's what caused it.

Im still feeling movement and my midwifes on holiday so I thought I'd check in here... But I think I might take the day off work to rest just to be on the safe side

Xx

was it a quick sharp pain or a lasting cramp like pain?

If it was quick and sharp i'd say it sounded like sciatica but if not maybe you've just pulled on a muscle. take a rest :) xx

It lasted quite a while... Maybe 15 minutes. Definitely didn't feel like sciatic pain. Thanks :)

Sounds like it could be round ligament pain. I used to only get it if I'd walked a fair bit or been at work but I got it the other day just walking to the kitchen for a drink!

Id take some rest to be on the safe side, may have been you just pulled a muscle or you was sleeping funny x

i get this!

Every now n then i wake up to go bathroom and forget so jump up and BANG! bugger it hurts, my hip, thigh are the worst every time but once in a while that pain in my side is just as bad! I have no idea what it is... i put it down to lying in the same position for a while and bubs sleeping there! Not very helpful i know sorry xx

I've had something very similar on my right side too - usually after I've been walking a while. It can get so sore that it literally takes my breath away and I have to stop and rub my side for a minute or two. I've never had it on my left side so I always put it down to round ligament pain Xx

I get aches and pains when walking sometimes... This one just confused me as I'd been in bed all night. Probably did just twist or sprain something.
Bubs is wriggling away nicely though do I guess I'll take a day to rest and see what tomorrow brings.
Thanks ladies xx

I get that when I've been lying down, I keep on forgetting to ask the midwife about it though - must remember tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->