Should I go in?

Xpecta

Reaction score
My cramps are so bad!! There's no bleeding, but there was spotting the other day. I also have such backache up between my shoulder blades that I cried. I have headaches and feel like I'm starting to get a flu with the aches and chills.

Is there a point when the pain is something that should be checked out?

I would say so yes. Jut to be safe. Shoulder blade pain is a sign of possible (unlikely) ectopic (not wanting to worry you but I have lost a tube and almost my life due to a ruptured ectopic in the past), it's probably not that, but I would get it checked out just in case. It is probably unrelated but best be safe than sorry.

Where was your pain though? Mine is in the middle of my back in between my shoulder blades. It aches like a backache. Like my boobs are too heavy.

I would definitely go and get checked out, just to be safe :hugs:

My pain was slightly to one side from what I remember and didn't feel like my boobs are too heavy. Hopefully it's just a short term niggle for you and it goes away.

I'm currently in the waiting room. I've been here nearly an hour and a half and they haven't even taken my vitals yet. Oy.

Aw that is crap, I hate how you have to wait!! But it's best to get checked out and to be safe...

Thanks ladies! It's slow here today. Oh well. As for waiting, I'm just going to chat with you guys until I can get in. How are all of you feeling today?

Emerg sucks. If you aren't considered a priority by the triage nurse, here you don't get seen for hours. It's slightly faster to go to a walk-in clinic but you don't get any test results back right away and of course, clinics don't have ultrasound machines.

Yeah, there's no winning. I finally saw the nurse. I'm hoping they consider me higher risk... we'll see. I think because I'm feeling fine right now, that they won't.

Sitting here about 4 hours now. Have yet to see a doctor :( I sure hope it's not ectopic. Because at this point, the ultrasound tech will probably go home before I can get a scan.

So sorry you've been waiting for so long. That's rediculous! Hope everything is ok and you're feeling better soon!

I think at this point, I'm mad and frustrated that they aren't making it a priority. The reason I came in was to rule out ectopic. Shouldn't that be a more serious condition?

Triage is funny. Usually the priority is 'dying or maybe dying, see immediately' and 'not dying, see in order'. So you're on the same list as people 'dying' from the common cold. Unfortunately.

It's not to say you shouldn't be there, because you need to be because you need an ultrasound tech to see you today, but as you will survive the several hours it takes for one to become available, you won't get pushed unless you show signs of internal bleeding or something.

Well, after 5 and whatever hours, not even getting to talk to a doctor, I gave up and walked out. The ultrasound tech went home, and I wouldn't have been able to get a scan anyways. My husband is now 2 hours late for work, and I'm exhausted and frustrated. I feel a lot better today always, so I'm not going to worry. I'm just going to put the kids in their room with a movie and rest tonight.

UGH! I'm sorry, that is so frustrating! I had an ER experience like that a few months ago. I was close to leaving when they finally called me back. I can't believe they left you waiting so long!!

Glad you are feeling better, though. Hopefully those were just normal pregnancy pains. :flower:

The worst part is, I'm an overthinker. Sometimes an over worrier, but ALL THE time an over thinker. So now that my boobs don't hurt as much right now, so now of course I'm thinking my hormones are all falling. I just wish I could have gotten in for an ultrasound.

UGH! I'm sorry, that is so frustrating! I had an ER experience like that a few months ago. I was close to leaving when they finally called me back. I can't believe they left you waiting so long!!

Glad you are feeling better, though. Hopefully those were just normal pregnancy pains. :flower:

Thanks for being frustrated for me. It actually helps! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->