Should I go in?

5 hours and you never even saw the doc? Last time (food poisoning about 2 or 3 years ago) I was called back after 2 or 3 hours for them to start (slowly) pushing me through the process. I just now noticed you're Canadian, so I'll say that's probably part of the drawback of covered healthcare. There's no direct cost, so people abuse the system, and people like you who should have been seen but didn't make 'actual emerg' by the triage nurse get left cold. Jeez.

...Yeah, and I saw some folks with broken bones in the same boat. Not dying, so not seen immediately. Yeesh.

EDIT: One of my nurse friends says urgent care is also a possibility, the lineups are usually shorter though they aren't 24h units usually. I'm not sure if they'd have an ultrasound machine at whatever units are in your city, you'd probably have to ask.

Yeah.... it sucked big time! The problem here is, that in the town that I live closest to (I live up the mountain basically) doesn't even have a real hospital. It's an "Emergency" room that closes at 8 pm. There is a lab and an Xray/Ultrasound. The rest of the hospital is shut down and is just office space. I could have gone to a different hospital, but I didn't have enough gas to get to either of the other ones.

That is terrible!!! I am glad you feel better now though! Hopefully all strange symptoms will disappear and you will be able to relax a bit. Stupid health care system tho!!

Yeah. I was pretty upset. I started uncontrollably crying in the waiting room and I couldn't even pin point why I was crying. Just everything. And on top of it all, I was so hungry that I was starting to get shaky!

And the receptionist was pregnant too! You'd think she would have had a little concern!!

Okay, I think I'm done vending. Sorry! Thanks for listening.

So I went to a different hospital, they took me.seriously. Had me in and out in under two hours. They took blood to see my levels again, and booked me for an ultrasound for Friday. So yay! Hopefully all is well.

Yay! So happy you were able to go to a different hospital and are able to get an ultrasound! Your first experience sounded like a nightmare!

It was!!! And I was talking to my husband about it and he said that it was actually 6 hours that I was there. I must have counted wrong.

Glad the second hospital took you seriously. A potential ectopic is deadly so it's appalling that they'd let you sit there and wait to potentially rupture.

Good luck at your scan and here's hoping your baby is nestled safely in the right place.

That is good news!!! It will put your mind at ease to see the baby on scan :) glad someone took you seriously!!

Thanks ladies. At this point I'm feeling so much better so I'm not worried at all anymore. But I'm being cautious just in case. At least I get an early ultrasound! That will be nice for me too.

So the ultrasound showed clear ovaries, no ectopic. And a sac in my uterus measuring 6 weeks. However, no fetal pole or yolk sac.

No follow up. No one seems concerned though.

It was probably too early then... Still I would of thought they would at least re scan in a couple weeks to visualise the baby after the spotting that you had. I'm glad they weren't worried though!!

Yeah, I have no idea... I guess I'll just have to ask.

I wouldn't worry at all. I had a scan at 5w6d. There was a sac measuring right on for dates (at 5w6d)... but there was no yolk, fetal pole, or heartbeat. The ultrasound tech didn't seem worried, but I stressed SO much over the next few weeks before my NT scan. Thankfully, all that worry was for nothing. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant with a healthy little girl. :)

Best of luck to you. It sounds like everything is right on track, though. I'm sure you'll see a sweet healthy baby at your next scan. :hugs:

I'm not worrying :) No signs of miscarriage. I'm just disappointed I didn't get to see my baby ya know? Oh well. Hopefully we can get another one before too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->