Should I go to hospital? UPDATE no heartbeat UPDATE PG 9

Irish Baby

Reaction score
Been having some dark watery blood when I wipe the last two days and just now its pink and a bit jelly like (TMI) I have zero pregnancy symptoms but I didn't read into that to much as I had very little symptoms with my two boys.. I know some people bleed during pregnancy so I don't know do Is there any need to get checked or should I just wait and see if it worsens? I had no bleeding that I remember with my other three

I would go to the hospital it will ease your mind too and they will do an ultrasound on you I have been spotting on and off since seven weeks my ultrasound showed no blood and the baby looked good with a good heart beat I had another one done yesterday but the tech told me nothing she just says the doc will call me with the report so I'm so worried I'm having a hard time relaxing

i would wait till epu opens if your in the uk most wont scan till after tge weekend unless your in terrible pain id wait.

Just back. Ultrasound showed no heart beat, they didn't say it's a miscarriage, I asked is that normal for 6+5 weeks and she said it's hard to tell.

I would wait unless you have pain, our local A&E wont scan you you have to wait till after the weekend, try to relax and dont do anything strenuous :hugs:

Yeah I thought that myself :cry: wish they had just told me straight out and not given me false hope

Thank you :flower:
She said she could see the gestational sack and the fetal pole, when she checked for blood flow she said there was a sign of blood flow in the feral pole and made it sound like perhaps this would turn into a heart beat? Is that possible? I'm 100% sure of my dates

Thank you :flower:
She said she could see the gestational sack and the fetal pole, when she checked for blood flow she said there was a sign of blood flow in the feral pole and made it sound like perhaps this would turn into a heart beat? Is that possible? I'm 100% sure of my dates

Sadly no. :-(

Been googling and some sites say 5.5 weeks and others say 6.5 weeks for a heart beat, I don't know :cry:

You are being given incorrect information on here. It's extremely normal at 6 weeks to see only a fetal pole and in fact it's very normal to not see a heart beat until 7 weeks. While many do see a heartbeat at 6 weeks many just see a fetal pole especially depending on the ultrasound machine. I didn't see a heartbeat with my last until 7 weeks and at 6 just a fetal pole.

I agree with lakotachris.

At 6 weeks a heartbeat may be seen, but it also may not be seen. They were shocked to see the heartbeat at 6+2 with my wee one. I was told if they didn't see one at 7 weeks they would worry, and that rung true with my two miscarriages vs my little girl.

It really could go either way, not giving you false hope or anything but you aren't totally out of luck. All the best!

Thank you ladies :flower:
The technician did say it is a viable pregnancy 'at the moment' and that it could go either way, but she seemeda little bit positive :shrug:

I was 5w6d and saw nothing but an empty sac. They couldn't even find a yolk, let alone a fetal pole or heartbeat, and I was sure of my dates. Another scan at 11 weeks confirmed that there was a healthy baby in there, measuring right on target according to my original dates.

Every pregnancy is different. A particular ultrasound machine and/or tech can make a difference too. I don't want to give you false hope... but I also wouldn't feel safe suggesting that there is NO hope until you've passed your 7th week and still see no sign of a heartbeat. Honestly, until you have what looks like a clear miscarriage or another scan showing no progress, I would presume (for safety reasons) that you are still pregnant.

Hoping so much that this all works out for you. :hugs:

I was 5w6d and saw nothing but an empty sac. They couldn't even find a yolk-- and I was sure of my dates. Another scan at 11 weeks confirmed that there was a healthy baby in there, measuring right on target.

Every pregnancy is different. I don't want to give you false hope... but I also wouldn't feel safe suggesting that there is NO hope until you've passed your 7th week and still see no sign of a heartbeat. Honestly, until you have what looks like a clear miscarriage or another scan showing no progress, I would presume (for safety reasons) that you are still pregnant.

Hoping so much that this all works out for you. :hugs:

Thank you, the bleeding has stopped (even though there was some on the ultrasound probe) so for now I will hold a little hope :flower:

At my 6+4 scan I had one heartbeat plus a sac, yolk and fetal pole, at my 7+3 scan I had 2 heartbeats. So it is totally possible xxx

Thank you, goodluck with your journey :flower:

Hope it all turns out ok. Did they mention if baby was measuring right for dates? I went for a scan with my last pregnancy at 6&5 and baby only measured 4-5 weeks and no heartbeat. They said that it could grow in the next two weeks and said it was 50/50. I then heard the hearbeat 10 days later but it was only 82 and then even less and sadly ended in MC. But as I said, they were saying 50/50 and there was every chance for things to have gone right after that first scan.

Fingers crossed for you xxx

They wouldn't confirm a mc with just one scan anyway, I had a scan at 10 weeks which showed baby measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat and was told to go back a week later as 6 weeks is a difficult stage.

I think you still have hope and if nothing has happened since then it looks promising. Good luck, keep us updated x x

Are they going to rescan you? If it could either way they should, really hope it turns out ok for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->