Should I have a bath when my waters have gone?

My midwife told me it may slow things down? But it's totally up to you, and how your feeling :) x

Most definitely not - my waters broke and was advised only to shower and not to wash down there for risk of infection x

my waters went, contractions started, phoned hosp who said to go and have a nice warm bath to ease pain and come in in an hour or so to get checked? A LOT of conflicting advice here.

i have no advise im afraid, just wanted to wish you luck and to say im also having my baby at Lister in stevenage, nice to hear good things about it as i dont know anyone else who has given birth there yet, as i was supposed to go to Qe2 but that has closed down now x

like i say if you werent supposed to bath, how could you birth in a pool?
well i plan to have a nice warm bath and a glass of wine when i feel things coming on, i will be relaxed god damn it!lol people get filled full of drugs so a small glass of wine wont do any harm =)

I just had a gush of amniotic fluids today and they confirmed it at the hospital and they said NO bath, NO sex, nothing that can get into the vagina..

Why is everyone saying no to baths? How do they do water baths then? I would think it would be ok as long as you don't use soaps or shampoos like one said above. BUT I am no doctor. Ask the docs...

i dont understand how it can be unsafe when you can have baby in water ... a water birth !? ..x

im a bit confused.. alot of women if there not wanting baby in water stay in the pool right up untill its time to push .. for pain relief.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->