should i schedule a dr appt b4 my 8 week mark just to check on things?

kayandjayplus

Reaction score
this is my first child and i have no clue what i'm doing. i am in the process of getting new insurance (my insurance is only good in fl and i'm in md) so i can't even make an appointment, let alone choose an OB, until i have my insurance plan all set (hopefully by next week). i am 4 weeks and 3 days pg and i am wondering if i should schedule an appointment with a doctor just to make sure everything is fine because i don't know if i can wait until the 8-10 week mark! i'm a paranoid freak right now and need to know that everything looks to be going fine. i've read and seen so many horror stories i just need a peace of mind. What kind of doctor should i contact? what procedures should i expect to be done? i literally need HELP i'm clueless so the more detail the better. thanks so much ladies!

Actually most dr's don't really plan on seeing anyone UNTIL that 8-10 week mark since there's not much that can be done at that point. My dr saw me early just to get me on prenatals and whatnot but wouldn't do any blood draws 'just to see how things were going' unless there was an actual problem. (Certainly didn't stop me from asking!) Other dr's might, though! My dr did a pee test, said bam you're pregnant and that was it :haha: At this point I would take it day by day and every day you get past without bleeding red is a good day and another day of being pregnant :D I know, easier said than done!!

I don't know what your doctor may do as I haven't had my first exam yet but I know my doctor refused to see me until 6 weeks. I asked about testing HCG levels etc but they said it's not necessary at this early stage. I would love to have some reassurance everything is going well but...alas....I wait. I'm assuming most doctors would be the same?

agh the agony! lol it seems like the days go slower as i wait for them to end. but you are certainly right..a day without red blood is a good day :). although i am having twinges and cramps here and there throughout some of the days (from my research it's the stretching growing pain of my uterus) and i even noticed a little light brown spotting today for the 1st time.. does that seem pretty normal?

i think i will have to try and find somethng to occupy my time besides work and sleeping, maybe yoga can help put my mind at ease, huh?

Brown spotting and cramps are totally normal!! :) Even red blood doesn't equal bad all the time but definitely should be checked on should it happen. I know, it feels like ttc and pregnancy is nothing but a waiting game!!

yep you are probably right crystal..it's just so hard us mommies wanna know what's going on with our babies i've read the apps through and through i can't wait to finally see the angel growing inside of me. A safe and healthy 9 months to us all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->