should i worry?

an123

Reaction score
my lo is coming up to 23 weeks and i am doing traditional weaning with her. shes doing really well but i am concerned about her milk intake. shes never been a big milk drinker, at most having 5 ounces every 4 hours but LOVES her food. she loves baby rice, apple puree, pear puree, banana and rusk but she seems to be more interested in that than her milk. she can sometimes cry for more rice so ends up having two bowls and eats it all! the only thing that concerns me is that her milk intake is sometimes dropping to 2-3 ounces, should i stop weaning and get her back on track with her milk or perservere?

They say milk is still so much more important at this age.... so I would try to get her to up her milk if you can. Are you giving milk to her BEFORE she eats the solids? I wanted you to have a response to your question.... but I don't really have any answers for you. :flower:

my lo is coming up to 23 weeks and i am doing traditional weaning with her. shes doing really well but i am concerned about her milk intake. shes never been a big milk drinker, at most having 5 ounces every 4 hours but LOVES her food. she loves baby rice, apple puree, pear puree, banana and rusk but she seems to be more interested in that than her milk. she can sometimes cry for more rice so ends up having two bowls and eats it all! the only thing that concerns me is that her milk intake is sometimes dropping to 2-3 ounces, should i stop weaning and get her back on track with her milk or perservere?

personally i wouldn't stop as your lo is almost 6 month so even if you stopped you would be trying again soon anyhow. thats just my opinion though, others may disagree.

milk is much more important at this stage but if you have a lo who as never been a big milk fan anyhow it can be difficult to keep the milk up to a reasonable amount once weaning as started.

my lo as suffered with reflux and at times to give him 10oz in a day as been a huge battle. now i just add milk to all his purees to increase his daily amount. i have also introduced a dreamfeed which he takes really well.

good luck with whatever you decide x

Xander never drinks much, as long as we are adding milk to his food when possible, giving yogurt/cheese etc the HV said he would be fine, hes gaining weight well and still have wet nappies so is getting as much as he needs, even if i would love him to drink more.

If she is having rusk then why don't you try adding the rusk to a bottle of milk make sure that the rusk is completely dissolved and I would mix it with 6 oz the sweet taste will be appealing and she will probably have the lot x

I would continue weaning, since you've already started... but feed LO a bottle before offering other foods. You want to make sure they are still getting plenty of milk.

Like someone else said, maybe try mixing milk with the food?

Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->