Should people with a criminal record

He's not convicted of anything so I don't know what the issue is? Innocent until proven guilty.

But what if the suspect attacked somebody else? Why aren't precautions taken to protect people from those who could potentially be a risk? If they're not a threat then surely they won't have a problem with it and understand that its in the best interests of the public?

Then he would be arrested again, I suppose for breaking his bail conditions.

He's not convicted of anything so I don't know what the issue is? Innocent until proven guilty.

But what if the suspect attacked somebody else? Why aren't precautions taken to protect people from those who could potentially be a risk? If they're not a threat then surely they won't have a problem with it and understand that its in the best interests of the public?

Then he would be arrested again, I suppose for breaking his bail conditions.

Yeah he would but to what cost? What if someone lost a life thanks to the sloppiness of the security? These things can be prevented :shrug:

If for some reason I was considered a risk to the public and precautions were taken to protect the public such as surveillance on me, making me sign on at police stations etc, and I was totally innocent, then to be honest I probably wouldn't understand and would not be happy about it.

I won't deny if someone who was allowed in the country who 'may' be a risk and then some harm came to my family because of this I would be extremely upset and spouting 'he shouldn't have been allowed here etc etc' but from an outside, logical minded sense, we can't stop people coming into our country because he may have committed a crime.

I guess you have to look at it this way: If you were accused of a crime, would you want them to make you stay under house arrest "just in case"?

I guess you have to look at it this way: If you were accused of a crime, would you want them to make you stay under house arrest "just in case"?

I dunno....it would mean I didn't have to go work! :rofl:

I agree with 'innocent until proven guilty' in a case like this. No one should be banned from anything until the court case has gone through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->