Should the line on frer tests get darker?

Niccijohn

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I got a line on frer yesterday, obsessively checking as I have pcos and my progesterone levels are usually low. I have cyclone at pessaries from my doctor but wondering if the line should get darker each day? 🤔

Hi ladies, I got a line on frer yesterday, obsessively checking as I have pcos and my progesterone levels are usually low. I have cyclone at pessaries from my doctor but wondering if the line should get darker each day? 🤔

I would say every two to three days. My lines were slow to progress at first. But then when i saw them over a week or two you could see the difference. At around 5 weeks, the test sucked the dye out of the control line. You're still very early.

Maybe don't pee again for a couple of days, then only do FMU every couple of days. Good luck!

If you're still in the very early weeks, and you haven't seen a positive line that's at least as dark as the control line yet, then there's room for it to get darker (testing every 2-3 days with FMU only). Don't keep testing several weeks in. The type of HCG the tests measure is not necessarily the type you'll have a lot of after a few weeks, and you could start seeing fainter test lines that don't mean anything.

It's possible for the line to darken every day but it wouldn't be by much (if anything) it's best to wait 48 hrs to see a real difference.

I waited 48hrs after my first faint positive and tried again, it was much darker. I don't really suggest testing a lot more than that, it will drive you crazy! I had been TTC for 7 years when I got my first :bfp: early this month and I took like 13 tests because I just didn't believe it. Some days it was crazy dark, some light, sometimes it was positive before it even finished developing. It really only made me panic, thinking it was getting fainter and darker from day to day. Congrats to you on your bfp!

I waited 48hrs after my first faint positive and tried again, it was much darker. I don't really suggest testing a lot more than that, it will drive you crazy! I had been TTC for 7 years when I got my first :bfp: early this month and I took like 13 tests because I just didn't believe it. Some days it was crazy dark, some light, sometimes it was positive before it even finished developing. It really only made me panic, thinking it was getting fainter and darker from day to day. Congrats to you on your bfp!

This. Seriously during my CP in Jan I drove myself crazy and now I am driving myself crazy. There's too many variables and IMHO the new curved frers are not as good at showing progression as the old ones (yes, I still have those pics from my first pregnancy w ds). Step away from the tests!

Agreed, if at all possible try to limit the number of tests you take. I have totally been there and it is a terrible place to be! If possible wait at least 2 days but 3 if possible and test again with the same brand, same time of day, same urine hold, take a photo within 10 min or so of taking the test, and only compare photos (not tests, as they change as they dry). It is true that under ideal conditions they should be getting darker, but I think a lot of women get into trouble when they try to compare tests without enough time in between, different brands, etc. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->