Should we change our method!?

LDC

Reaction score
My partner and I are TTC but are trying to be NTNP to lower the stress levels!!

Since coming off the pill my periods have been all over the shop so it's hard to try and monitor when they will come and so my ovulation times. I'm hoping they are returning to normal now as I have recently come off after having over a month and a half without one.

I've noticed that so many people are monitoring their temperature and know when they're ovulating but we're not doing any of that. We're :sex: every other day or at least 4 times per week - do people think I should start tracking my temperature to increase my chances of conceiving or will I be ok carrying on as we are now? I don't know if I'll be able to track ovulation becuase my periods are not regular at the moment?

I think its up too. And how well you'll handle going a bit deeper into the TTC crazy train lol. I don't temp personally because I sleep such odd hour and wake up different times it would be a bit pointless for me. You should read more into it and if thats the next step you want to take then go for it. I'm kind of like you TTC but NTNP the thought of getting pregnant is there but we don't wont to put to much stress and pressure on us. We did OPKs, preseed, and a few other things last year and it just got to be a whole lot of stress!!!

Best of luck to you!!

It all depends on how you want to go about it. Monitoring every little detail just adds to the stress I find. You say that you are NTNP to reduce stress and by the sounds of it, you a pretty much covering all the bases by doing the deed every other day. Four times a week is a good solid number, although you might not want to go and more, as this can reduce the amount of spermies your spouse can produce. Just sit back and let nature take it's course (as hard as that may be at times when you just want to see those two lines!) To improve your chances however, try taking evening primrose oil tablets from the first day of your AF until OV (or around about if your not too sure), as this promotes fertile EWCM. Vitamin C & E are also recommended.
Sticky baby dust to you xx

I'm in a similar situation- we started 'trying' last month, but I think the anxiety/stress/excitement of it all put off my ovulation for a week, which meant we missed it because we were knackered by then & had given up!! lol

This time round we're going to take it easy- BD every other day & see what happens.

I don't want to get into OPKs & temping because I think that will stress me out more, so will see what happens without & if it doesn't work will consider these in the future.

I use an app to track my dates & look for EWCM, but that's all. I'm on CD11 now & we will be BDing every other day (started on CD9) hopefully until CD19 or so, & then hopefully go back to our usual 2 or 3 times a week after that.

If I were you I would stick with what you're doing, & if it doesn't work after a few months look into OPKs etc if you want to :)

x

Four times a week is a good solid number, my gyn had suggested once every 2-3 days to give the sperms supply to restock. Getting into too many details will exponentially increase your stress and trust me there are a million details that you could get into and not every person is the same so you cant even use others experience to chart what your symptoms might be. I personally think it would be best to just do an NTNP and let nature take its course. If I could go back in time and do one thing different, I would have stopped myself from getting into too many details, its just not worth it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->