Should you wait or TTC Find out here!

fumbles

Pregnant and terrified!
Reaction score
Hi! :flower:
me and OH are a bit indecisive at the moment about when is the right time to TTC so..Just for a little bit of fun, I thought we could post our circumstances and reasons for waiting, then get others to post whether they think we should be WTT or TTC!

Answer the questions and post whether you think the previous or any of the posters should try or wait!

Living arrangements own home but small flat at the moment!

Age 27 (urgh! Already!)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married! Together for 8 years

Reason(s) for waiting? pay off debt! Also now thinking we should move to a bigger place! But could be like 100 years from now!!

Let the fun commence! :happydance:

Ahahaha, this is fun. :hugs:

Living arrangements: Rent a small rowhouse at the moment - 2 bed, 1.5 bath, 2 story, no yard :(

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: Married! See ticker :haha:

Reason(s) for waiting? DH wants us to be homeowners...wait, no, that's not it... DH wants us to have more money... wait, no, that's not it either... DH wants us to be married for 2 years first. Yeah, that's it.... Whatev. :rollseyes:

I think fumbles should TTC NOW!! If you have room for a crib and enough money for diapers and baby food/formula, I'd say you are good to go. :thumbup::haha:

Oooh I like this kinda thing!!

Living Arangements: I'm at my Gran's, OH is at his Mum's. But this can be easily remedied if he would just cut those darn apron strings!

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Long term relationship! :cloud9:

Reason(s) for waiting? OH wants us to both finish our nurse training. But I'm more than happy as a healthcare assistant then do midwifery later :dohh:

I think MackMomma8 has been waiting too long for a :baby: and her DH needs to give her some :spermy: now! You deserve it :dust:

Living arrangements: own 2 bed house with 100 foot garden :D

Married? Or length of relationship, single? together for almost 3 1/2 years...but felt like we'd known each other years from day 1. Living together 2 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? Was waiting for OH to be ready, and for my proposal and wedding. OH is now keen to TTC and set a date of September to start TTC. Its now become apparent that the wedding isn't likely for a good while (?at all) so now I'm confused about what to do...

I think everdreaming should wait (sorry to be a spoil sport)- she's young, not living with OH yet, and waiting to finish the training (given the other points) seems sensible- will always be hard to go back to training when you have a LO...though of course not impossible... spend the time you're finishing your training sorting out a place with OH... my opinion only, though :hugs:

Think MackMomma and fumbles should get on with it!

Yay :happydance:

Living arrangements: Living with OH in rented place

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Long term relationship, co-habiting

Reason(s) for waiting? Save up some money! Move into a bigger rented property and should probably complete the second year of my degree but meh :haha:

I think anniepie deserves to be TTC already but men are so stubborn, at least you don't have to wait long! :hugs:

Living arrangements - rented, 3 story, 2 bed, grade 2 listed house with large garden in the centre of town (although still rural)

Age - 20, 21 in september

Married? Or length of relationship, single? We've been together 2 1/2 year and are getting married this coming August :D

Reason(s) for waiting? Until we have gotten married. Well my ticker says June but thats just when my coil is coming out and we will be NTNP until August :)

I think jemsbabyblues should finish her degree first. I wouldn't be TTC if i was still in education :) x

Living arrangements: living in rented 3 bed house (one is very tiny currently used as an office) with garden.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for just over 3 years

Reason(s) for waiting? trying to save a deposit to hopefully buy our own house before our next baby also avoid needing a double buggy and have DD1 a bit older and independent when LO arrives

I think jemsbabyblues should wait a little while but not 16 months, maybe half it so she gets chance to save up a bit of money and move then get one with it after all you are pregnant for 9 months so will get change to work through uni a bit while you're preg :)

ooo wannabe mummy got in before me while i was slowly typing so ill add my comment for her too. I think she should stay WTT until the wedding and keep with her plan good luck

Living arrangements - in a rented 2up 2down

Age - 20 next week
:)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married! long term relationships - 3years

Reason(s) for waiting? - already have one little one, im desperate for another, OH agreed then took it back so i dont want to commit till he is sure! he wants more money lol

buttons1 should go for it!! lol xxxx

Living arrangements: Own home - 3BR/2BA with a big, fenced in yard!

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for a year come August (see ticker), living together for 3 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? I graduate in December (finallyyyy - school part time while I work full time!), so I want to be at least close enough to know that won't get off track (pretty much there already, IMO. ;)). DH has a longer list of reasons (of course) - wants one final hurrah trip to Europe, wants to be married longer, just feels too young (he's 28).

I think chrissy&marty is a coin flip (between wait or try now), but should maybe WTT a little longer - she's young, so plenty of time to let OH feel more ready for #2 and to save up a bit. :thumbup:

Living arrangements: Own 2 bedroom mobile home (paid outright) on our own land (paid outright).

Age: I'm 20 (21 in July), and DH is 31 (32 in September)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married - third anniversary is in a week!

Reason(s) for waiting: I had a C-section with DD (UGH), and I need to wait at least a year for my scar to heal enough to VBAC...(unfortunately, I don't have a choice if I want the best chances at a VBAC) On a side note, I'm also done with college in July! WOOT! (but BOOOO for $36,000 in loans...)

babyb54 - you should go for it! You'll be done in December and baby wouldn't be here until after! ;-)

Living arrangements:
Just bought our first house a month ago. Moved the mother in law down with us so we can look after her (she's 78).
House is big enough for us to comfortably have kids and not have to move.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for just over a year.

Reason(s) for waiting:
we were in a tiny flat before the house so we were waiting for the house. We've only been in a month but now my OH has been made redundant. He's an electrician and looking at going self employed. It's a little scary as we've now got such a bigger mortgage than we had with the flat.

It would be nice for us to be able to enjoy being in the house by ourselves but I feel like we've been on hold for so long due to circumstances (we had a long distance relationship for the first couple of years).
And neither of us is getting any younger!

I'm trying to be rational about it but my hormones are telling me I'm ready now so it's hard to think straight sometimes.

My OH wants to wait until his work is settled but that might not happen for a long time with the way the recession is in the UK.

I don't know if I'm being a bit unreasonable?

Living arrangements:
Just bought our first house a month ago. Moved the mother in law down with us so we can look after her (she's 78).
House is big enough for us to comfortably have kids and not have to move.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for just over a year.

Reason(s) for waiting:
we were in a tiny flat before the house so we were waiting for the house. We've only been in a month but now my OH has been made redundant. He's an electrician and looking at going self employed. It's a little scary as we've now got such a bigger mortgage than we had with the flat.

It would be nice for us to be able to enjoy being in the house by ourselves but I feel like we've been on hold for so long due to circumstances (we had a long distance relationship for the first couple of years).
And neither of us is getting any younger!

I'm trying to be rational about it but my hormones are telling me I'm ready now so it's hard to think straight sometimes.

My OH wants to wait until his work is settled but that might not happen for a long time with the way the recession is in the UK.

I don't know if I'm being a bit unreasonable?

This thread is soo much fun. :haha:

Oh Witchywoo, I think you should be able to TTC. :)

Living arrangements? We own a lovely house. :)

Age? 19 :blush:, He is 20.

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: Married <3 Going on a year now. Together for 3.:cloud9:

Reason(s) for waiting? Mostly education. He wants a year of Pharmacy school under his belt. We also want to save money, but we already have about, 5000 saved up. My clock is ticking, buddy, it's crazy. :) :haha:

Living arrangements:
Bought our first home last summer- a lovely little three bed in a great area!

Married? Or length of relationship, single?
Married for nearly 10 months.

Reason(s) for waiting? As we didn't live together before the wedding, we wanted some time for just the two of us. And I only started my job last September, and it's a hard one to take a break from. And DH worries about money (I don't- we have £16K saved up and that's increasing by £1K every few months!)

twickywabbit- when does/did he start his pharmacy school? When is your TTC date? I'd say if he's already started school, start TTC on your holiday!! :D Or if he starts in September, start TTC as your Christmas present to each other!! :D

Living arrangements? We own a 2 bedroom house. Plan to move to a 3 bed when we have a toddler and 2nd baby.

Age? 24, OH is 27

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: Married for nearly a year now. Been together for nearly 7 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? We have a holiday booked in Africa this summer and not allowed to TTC while taking, and for 4 weeks after taking anti-malaria tablets. This holiday has also cost a lot so wanna save up some money before baby, but plan to do so when TTC and pregnant (we can save about £750 - £1000 a month so should be fine).

Twickywabbit I think you guys should TTC - OH can easily continue his training while you are TTC. And you've saved a good amount of money to set yourselves up well for a bub.

Living arrangements? We own a 2 bedroom house. Plan to move to a 3 bed when we have a toddler and 2nd baby.

Age? 24, OH is 27

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: Married for nearly a year now. Been together for nearly 7 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? We have a holiday booked in Africa this summer and not allowed to TTC while taking, and for 4 weeks after taking anti-malaria tablets. This holiday has also cost a lot so wanna save up some money before baby, but plan to do so when TTC and pregnant (we can save about £750 - £1000 a month so should be fine).

Twickywabbit I think you guys should TTC - OH can easily continue his training while you are TTC. And you've saved a good amount of money to set yourselves up well for a bub.

Hey, Mrs_T- you were meant to do me!! ;)

Oooops - I took too long replying! I'll do MrsGruffalo:

I think you should def go for it now you're all settled in your new job and new house and WOWSA you guys have loadsa money saved!

Living arrangements: Own 2 bedroom mobile home (paid outright) on our own land (paid outright).

Age: I'm 20 (21 in July), and DH is 31 (32 in September)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married - third anniversary is in a week!

Reason(s) for waiting: I had a C-section with DD (UGH), and I need to wait at least a year for my scar to heal enough to VBAC...(unfortunately, I don't have a choice if I want the best chances at a VBAC) On a side note, I'm also done with college in July! WOOT! (but BOOOO for $36,000 in loans...)

babyb54 - you should go for it! You'll be done in December and baby wouldn't be here until after! ;-)

Sorry I missed this part of the game.
Virginia, sounds like you'll be ready to go once you're healed. ;)

Age? 24, OH is 27

Mrs T I think you should defo go for it when your back from your holiday but not before as too risky

Living arrangements - Own our own 2 bed house with rear & front garden

Age - Me: 31 DH: 33 both of our birthdays are in April 10 days apart

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: - Married Oct-10 been together over 5 years living together 5 years

Reason(s) for waiting? - The interesting bit - DH wants me to have finished my accountancy exams hence hopefully Aug-2012 as he and MIL think I won't be able to complete them pregnant, although I work full time as well and manage fine and surely that decision is mine!! He also thinks we cannot have a LO in our current house although it is 2 double bedrooms and previously we lived in it for 2 years with another couple!!! He also says I need to pass so we have more money (payrise when completed exams) but we manage fine infact we save £1000 a month!!

Twag- i think that if you feel you could still do your exams whilst pregnant then you should TTC :) :) :)

Living arrangements - Rent a lovely 2 bedroom flat together

Age - I'm 20 and OH is 24

Married? Or length of relationship, single? - Been together 2 and a half years, living together for a year

Reason(s) for waiting - We would like to save more money, would like to be married and i might be starting uni this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->