Should you wait or TTC Find out here!

Living arrangements: own a 3 bed house that we rent out and own a 4 bed house that we will soon be moving into.

Relstionship status: Married for one year

Reason for waiting: because im a bridesmaid for my best friend in September. Sometimes it feels right that we are waiting so I can enjoy the hen do and wedding but other times it feels like im waiting on someone elses life!

Advice for others: MsB - if you want a small age gap and are ready for number 2 then get TTC!! go for it girl x

Mrs Broody pants - You should start trying, they sell maternity bridesmaid dresses as well :)

Living arrangements: Rent a 3 bed house, fairly nice area, gardens etc. but wanting to move to a 4 bed some time next year.

Age: Both aged 25. (I have 2 children aged 9 and 7 yrs from previous relationship, partner has none)

Relstionship status: Together for 4 years.

Reason for waiting: Already have 2 children one of which is Autistic so wondering if we should wait until he is more settled / stablilised (I think it will be hard no matter what so get on with it). Also partner wants to finish decorating bedroom / bathroom before trying.

Living arrangements: renting to own a 2 story 3 bedroom 2 bath home

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married for 2 and a half years

Reason(s) for waiting? we have 3 kids, one is only 1 year old, still trying to get OH on board, and i need to save up some money for when i will have to be on leave for 6 weeks.

raincloud, i think you should get your emergency fund before you ttc if you want to, but no big deal. if you wait on money for a baby you will never have one, you will never think you have enough...that's what my hubby says, lol. besides even after you get pregnant, you still have 9 months to save :)

Living arrangements: own house, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms

Married? Or length of relationship, single? with OH 11 years, married for nearly 5 years

Reason(s) for waiting?
OH feeling there isn't 'enough money'.... but as Kates1122 hubby said... i don't think he'll ever feel there's enough, especially with the cost of living rising every year...

Annaroy: think you should ttc! Get working on your OH!

Living arrangements: moving in to our new rented 2 bed flat (3 weeks today wooooo!) though we both own houses elsewhere!

Relationship status: been together (on and off lol!) for 3 years now, lived together, then we both moved jobs and cities at different times, though we have just signed our lease on our new place and i am curretly surrounded by new furniture and boxes and things have never been better, massive planning for the future now!!

Reason(s) for waiting: to get settled in our new flat, go on holiday to south America and I'd quite like to be engaged....ha hinting at that!!

Mwah I think you should book that holiday, propose to him on it and get TTC! It's easy to never get around to things.

Living arrangements: Own a very very small 2-bed house

Relationship status: Married for five years

Reasons for waiting: Need to be able to afford a bigger house, DH doesn't know if he'll have a job after next March, next to save to support myself through maternity leave, need to lose 3 stone to be a healthy weight!

Clarsair - I think you should go for it!! I totally understand your reasons but you could be waiting a long time to be able to afford the ideal house. I'm sure your OH would be able to find more work if he did lose his job, after all even without a bump or one more little mouth you'd still have to find a way to support the rest of you! I think if you want to TTC you'll be able to make it work! Besides you can always be saving while your TTC and in the early days... :)

Living Arrangements: Own a small 2 bed house; we can't move until at least 2015 due to fixed term contract and because my OH has taken a pay cut so couldn't afford a bigger mortgage anyway (pay cut is to train for a better job which he will qualify from in 2015)

Relationship Status: Together for 5 and a half years, lived together for 2 and a half, getting married in August

Reasons for waiting: I am hoping to start a year long course next September (2012) for a job that I really want, and if I was pregnant/on maternity leave there is no guarantee they would let me postpone until 2013, so could miss out on the job. And because doing a course would be harder with a little one at home! (But I won't find out until April-June 2012 whether I have even got a place on the course).... Because I'm already worrying that the primary schools local to where our house is aren't good enough... Because although we could afford a baby, until 2015 we wouldn't have much money spare for saving...

But I don't think we could wait until 2015/16 when we could move, and if I did get my perfect job I'd still be worrying about TTC because I wouldn't want to go straight of on maternity leave! Argh!!

Living arrangements: 2 bedroom apartment/flat

Married? Or length of relationship, single?
Married 2 years in August

Reason(s) for waiting? DH isnt ready :( And we really should pay off a bit of our debt.

K32- I think that if you are wanting to do the course, and won't be able to at a later date, then maybe take the course and TTC right when it is done. The job front will always be there, so once you have a baby/babies you could go right into working if you chose. :thumbup:

This is a fun idea!

Living arrangements:we currently live in a rented 3 bed/2 bath apartment. It's only 1352 sqft so not too big and we already have two children.

Age - me-27 (28 in august) DF-29

Married? Or length of relationship, single?: - we've been together for a little over 3 years and we're getting married December 17, 2011!!!!!

Reason(s) for waiting? -we're waiting because I'm currently in nursing school full time. I'm due to graduate April 2013 and DF is in Graduate school for physical therapy, due to graduate august 2013. We want to finish school, secure jobs and buy a house before we start trying. We will be able to save plenty while trying and while pregnant. Our incomes will dramatically increase once we graduate with our degrees and secure jobs.

Fun idea!

Living arrangments: renting a 2bed 1bath apt with 2 pups and 2 kids.

Married? or Length of relationship, single?: We've been together 3 yrs, Married 2 yrs.

Reason for waiting? we're relocating in feb. 1200miles away. We already have two little girls. ages 3yrs and 1yr(in sept. 2011) but DH wants ttc in Decemeber 2011 that way im already preggers when we relocate. He doesnt want me to work either and we will have over $10,000 in saving before income taxes.

junemommas09 should wait til the big bucks come in after graduation.

Cool idea!

Living Arrangements: 2 bed flat

Married, length of relationship or single? Married, been together 3 1/2 years

Reason for waiting? Moving in a few months to bigger place, daughter only just turned one and should lose a bit of weight.

P.S: Luvmykids0810, Go for it hun, if your pregger when you move just leave the Hubby to do all the work while you make the cuppa's :p

Living Arrangement: Own 3 BR 1.5 BA house

Age: Turning 29 this month (OH is 30, turning 31 this month)

Married, length of relationship or single? Together 2.5 years, living together for 2

Reason for waiting? I want to be married first (or at least have be engaged, that's close enough for me). OH has some debts he'd like to pay off and is wanting a new job by the end of the year. He's been ready for over a year though!

Bambina-- Wait the few months until you move. Your daughter would be at least two by the time you're ready to give birth again, plus you can set a reasonable weight loss goal now that you can reach by the time you're settled into the new place! =)

How exciting! .....

Living arrangements - we own our 2 bed house with lovely garden in a nice village.

Age - I'm 30, almost 31 & dh is 37

Married, length of relationship or single - been together 4 years and married nearly 2 months!

Reason for waiting - we have a 3 week honeymoon trip of a lifetime booked in September. we are ntnp because we want a baby and it would now feel wrong to actively prevent but seems silly to get pg just before an amazing trip when I could wait 2 months! Would be more fun to eat & drink what I like on the holiday! But it's hard! I just want to get on with it :)

Casey - if oh is ready to try maybe drop a few hints that you'd like to be married first and perhaps he'll pop the question soon. I agree I wanted to be married first or engaged. But overall once you both make the decision you're ready I'd say go for it!! Sometimes lifes too short to keep waiting for something you want! Good luck & baby dust to everyone ttc!!!

Xx

Living Arrangements
Renting, 3 bed modern house in village with large garden (on subsidised rate through OH's work)

Married? Or length of relationship, single?
Married 4yrs in September

Reason(s) for Waiting?
OH leaving his job next year (April 2012) means a series of unpredictable changes in 2012 and adding a baby into the mix just seems daft.

This seems fun. :happydance:

Living Arrangements Renting - 3 bed modern house, already looking to get one for our own.

Age 24, DH is 26.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for 3 months, together for 2 years.

Reason(s) for Waiting? His parents, he fears his parents wont support him because he still has a year to complete his Engineering degree. I'm Graduated already. And he also wishes to make a lot of money before expanding family.

I think cliqmo should wait until OH finds an another reliable job to support the expanding family. Or you can TTC if you have enough saved up to look after the new born and his/her expenses. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->