Show us your labour photos !

Aww thanks :)

Isaiah was the baby in the pics ;) that one of him immerging out of the water is my favorite oh and those are his daddys arms pulling him out :cloud9: i am so glad the nurse picked up my camera and started taking pics!...and i couldn't have done it without the water! i dont know how ppl give birth on land :haha: i just cant imagine it at all!...they actually wanted me to get out of the tub while i was pushing, but i refused :haha: ...you never come between an unmedicated mom and her pushing :bodyb: :rofl:

Elliot will be a waterbirth at home :D i can't wait!

Oh gosh sorry hun that'll teach me to type without my glasses on, that's an even nicer name than Isaac! I'm hoping for a waterbith at home next time fingers crossed :)

:haha: no problem sweetie! :flower:
i hope you get your HB H20 birth next time :cloud9:

tiger, i will send :dust: that you go into labor before you section date :winkwink:
There is a large support system on BnB for VBACers though. and I dont know much about them but from what little ive seen they are great. ...i think its normal to be afraid the second time around, even if you didn't have a c-section....i cried when i found out i had another anterior placenta and was soooo fearful of birth at the prospects of another posterior...even know i have my scare moments. I think its only natural. and sure i didn't have a section but that was a long painful birth and im sure if i had any other care provider thats where it would have gone (the nurses kept pushing for a section and about every other intervention but the doc basically told them to F-off :haha:.
No matter how your sweetie arrives its going to be lovely. And if you do decide to VBAC, i think there are lots of women who can reassure you and bring back some confidence :hugs:

dan-o, they are horrible! I really feel like if it wasnt for back labor and such lack of sleep, i dont think it would be too bad...you are so lucky to have a baby that quick and being back to back! That is sooo rare! You should be proud of that! I know the docs/nurses were complimenting me on doing it in 30 hours, let alone any quicker! That is amazing...can i have your body please :rofl:

Anyone notice how water logged i was?! :rofl:

ugh i love these photos haha !
dan-o - you look AMAZING for being 9.5cm !
naturalmumma - your baby looks huge ! how big was he ?
beany- you look like you enjoyed the gas as much as i did :haha:
millybert- i love how the first time round, you were cautious of how u looked in the pics and second time round you just dont care :rofl:

He was 8 lbs even and gained 1 lb in his first week. To this day he is 20 months and has a very stalky build. He is the complete opposite of my first son.

The gas thing must be a out of states thing because they don't do that here in the states!! I have some pictures but they are not on my computer otherwise I would share!!

I think it's in 1 or 2 US hospitals, but yes, mostly a UK thing.

Leaning against the birth pool during a contraction
https://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/JennBrianHunter/944.jpg

6 minutes after birth. Waiting for the placenta to come out and he's still attatched to the cord
https://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/JennBrianHunter/imageaa.jpg

Loving the rubber duck is in the photo chilling ;)!!! haha.

Beautiful photos though. Shame I didn't take any photos :cry:.. Suppose hopefully if we have another I can do :)

Haha, the rubber ducky was ds1's (older brother to baby in photos) favorite toy for the longest time after ds2 was born. But then it broke :(

wow, my son was 8 pound 8 oz, and im so scared this little girl is going to be bigger :wacko:

Guppy-thanks for posting your photos-they are amazing! :) You must look back at the photos and think wow! and the placenta is amazing too-to think baby lived from it for all those months inside you.

I love reading all these birth stories and seeing the photo's-our bodies do some fantastic things!

We didn't get any pics during the labour but here we are shortly after the birth, in the comfort of our own home :cloud9:

Attachments

• SAM_0609.jpg
    SAM_0609.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 268
Roxy, that is precious :cloud9:

thanks mummykcc! It STILL brings tears to my eyes! I dont forget anything from the birth (that i was aware of, while i was laboring lol). I had an out of body experience during transition...it last the entire 9 hours...so i can still see my self laboring, i can remember all the details as if i was watching myself...i dont know how to explain it...and im sure i sound like a crazy women :blush: but it really was an out of body experience...i can still see it happening to me, i can see my supporters..i can see the room..i can smell it...its unlike anything i have experienced before.

What wonderful photos, ladies. We only have a few but here is me having had the epidural and loving the G&A still - I was not as relaxed as this an hour or so previously when I was struggling with a back to back 10lb 14oz-er...
IMG_0075 (1600x1200).jpg

And in recovery about an hour after ds was born....
IMG_0081 (1600x1200).jpg

xx

You did a great job booda!!! dont feel bad about! my baby was back to back for 30 hours and i thought that was horrible! you should be proud of yourself!!!!

You did a great job booda!!! dont feel bad about! my baby was back to back for 30 hours and i thought that was horrible! you should be proud of yourself!!!!
Thanks....I just wish I hadn't agreed to the epi, I wanted to feel everything, but the midwife and registrar thought an epi would be a good idea to "let me get some rest before pushing" so my overtired exhausted stoned self said yes :/

:hugs: well i think you did a fab job and those are great labor photos :cloud9:

Lovely photos ladies, i can;t wait to get some of me in a few months, if a agree at the time!! Seeing these photo's makes me feel much more relaxed about the thought of labour and birth.
Thanks again ladies and well done! :) xx

I have always been a very reserved individual when it comes to my body. Even when i first went into labor i was really shy and embarassed to be seen naked..well by the time i was in active labor i didnt give two craps who saw me naked! Heck the President of the United States could have saw me naked and i wouldnt hace cared!....even more than that, i had NOooo idea pics were being taken of me! The only time i knew was when i looked up during pushing! So you can imagine my surprise when i browsed through the pics on my camera! :haha: but imreally glad i have them! I actually have some graphic pics of him crowning and everything but wasnt sure if i should post or not

I never thought I would want pictures taken during my most intimate and vunreble moments, as I dont even like getting my picture taken with make-up on and hair done... :haha:

But after seeing all these, I think I will go and take the plunge if I get to labour naturally (I will be VBA3C'ing, hopefully!)

You've all changed my mind about having a few photos during labour/birth if the oh gets the chance they are all beautiful

wow ladies these are all beautiful pictures. and with my next baby i am definitely going to try and have a water birth and take lots of pictures.

Such beautiful pictures ladies! I have some of my second birth, as my sister in law attended. My first and third I don't have any. I only have a blurry photo of my third before we left the house. I was laying on the couch trying to rest. However, that labor was only 9 hours, so pretty quick. My first was 27 hours, posterior, second was 13 hours induction. Wish I had taken more pictures of all 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->