• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Show us your nursery

Its fun seeing what everyone comes up with! :thumbup:

Here is mine. I did the farm animal theme. I still have many details to finish but you get the gist. I have yet to get the mattress so the bumper and sheet are just laying in there for looks. And the corner by the dresser and rocking chair I have yet to decorate those walls.
And of course the changing table is bare still too. I plan to get much more stuff this month.
And whats cool about the rocking chair is its the one my mom rocked me in as a baby. :) I just made it more comfy by getting cushions for it.

The letters I made on the computer and the rest are decals I bought. Love decals! And since I can't use that blanket yet I used as a wall hanging.

Enjoy! :D

Can I just ask, how did you do the letters on the computer? I mean, what paper did you use and how did you hang them? Cuz I'm wanting to do letters as well, but I'm afraid the paper will curl with humidity and not last long. Thanks!

I used my Microsoft Word program and basically just chose what size font I wanted (I think it was like 550) and type of font and then chose what colors. Whats nice with the color is you can pick custom colors which gives you a huge range of choices.
I also added a black border to the letters to make them look sharper. I had soo many options on what I could do with the letters it was fun! :D

Then I printed out each letter on a separate page ( I had too anyway they were so big and I just used regular printer paper). Then I cut them out and taped them really good to the wall to try and keep the curling down. I taped them on every single edge of the letter so nothing would curl. So far so good. I may add more tape over time if need be.

Hope that helps! :)

And by the way I love your room! Very creative and love the lavender and butterflies!

Cool, thanks for answering! I may give it a try. And thanks for the compliments! I really love our nursery..tho she won't be in there for the first couple of months, it's still quite lovely mainly cuz I've put so much work into it.

Pichi, I know I can buy em, but I'm reeeally trying to save every little bit I can here n there..lol. Figured, if I can make it, why buy it? :D That's if it looks good..we'll see :haha:

Its fun seeing what everyone comes up with! :thumbup:

Here is mine. I did the farm animal theme. I still have many details to finish but you get the gist. I have yet to get the mattress so the bumper and sheet are just laying in there for looks. And the corner by the dresser and rocking chair I have yet to decorate those walls.
And of course the changing table is bare still too. I plan to get much more stuff this month.
And whats cool about the rocking chair is its the one my mom rocked me in as a baby. :) I just made it more comfy by getting cushions for it.

The letters I made on the computer and the rest are decals I bought. Love decals! And since I can't use that blanket yet I used as a wall hanging.

Enjoy! :D

Can I just ask, how did you do the letters on the computer? I mean, what paper did you use and how did you hang them? Cuz I'm wanting to do letters as well, but I'm afraid the paper will curl with humidity and not last long. Thanks!

I used my Microsoft Word program and basically just chose what size font I wanted (I think it was like 550) and type of font and then chose what colors. Whats nice with the color is you can pick custom colors which gives you a huge range of choices.
I also added a black border to the letters to make them look sharper. I had soo many options on what I could do with the letters it was fun! :D

Then I printed out each letter on a separate page ( I had too anyway they were so big and I just used regular printer paper). Then I cut them out and taped them really good to the wall to try and keep the curling down. I taped them on every single edge of the letter so nothing would curl. So far so good. I may add more tape over time if need be.

Hope that helps! :)

And by the way I love your room! Very creative and love the lavender and butterflies!

You could always laminate them and cut out the letters again. It would keep the edges from curling and make them last longer as they won't fade as easy then either.

We finalized all of our nursery purchases today and are going with this for our baby girl. The room is painted, and furniture, chandelier, bedding, accessories ordered. Now, to wait for it to arrive and put it together...

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurcoc/

All these nurseries are gorgeous. We are almost ready to start ours after waiting til the rest of the house was complete which it almost is. We are getting the tatty teddy range from next and have the bedding etc waiting to go. So on Thursday il be going to get the paint and hopefully get the flooring down then im good to go :)

Aw some lovely nurseries, really inspiring.

We finalized all of our nursery purchases today and are going with this for our baby girl. The room is painted, and furniture, chandelier, bedding, accessories ordered. Now, to wait for it to arrive and put it together...

I love that! Pottery Barn has some cute sets. And I love the look of the chandelier!

ah wow, that bumper looks so squishy. all those colours featured in that bedding is what we are going for (minus the brown though)

All these nurseries are gorgeous. We are almost ready to start ours after waiting til the rest of the house was complete which it almost is. We are getting the tatty teddy range from next and have the bedding etc waiting to go. So on Thursday il be going to get the paint and hopefully get the flooring down then im good to go :)

We're going with the tatty teddy range too :) What colour are you painting? we have 3 walls white and 1 pink feature wall xx

PICTURES OF THE ROOMS THE BUBS MAY SHARE WITH THIER BROTHERS OR SISTER!! I made the bunting and the heart button picture xxxx

bubs 11wks 5 days 247.jpg

bubs 11wks 5 days 250.jpg

38650_417439523158_608338158_4712709_6334105_n.jpg

39161_417440763158_608338158_4712763_3881771_n.jpg

39244_417440853158_608338158_4712764_2186909_n.jpg

Just finished painting... when the furniture's in the room by Saturday I definitely will post mine! Such lovely nurseries ladies!

Hubby has the last coat of paint to put on this weekend, then we're setting up the nursery on Sunday. Still have curtains to sort, and some bedding for the single bed to get, but other than that we'll be all sorted!!
Can't believe how organised some of you are. Gorgeous nurseries though, thanks for sharing x x x

We're going with the tatty teddy range too :) What colour are you painting? we have 3 walls white and 1 pink feature wall xx

We are team yellow so at the min im thinking of going for a beige type colour but not sure. Would like to add a bit of pink or blue but would also like to have it finished before the arrival of bubs so it will prob be a creamy colour lol :)

We are team yellow so at the min im thinking of going for a beige type colour but not sure. Would like to add a bit of pink or blue but would also like to have it finished before the arrival of bubs so it will prob be a creamy colour lol :)

lol that sounds nice. I like how it is in the catalogue, looks really classy but i couldnt help add pink lol xx

This is ours so far

https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/naomi411/17072010968.jpg

This is ours so far

https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/naomi411/17072010968.jpg

Omg! We did the same coloRs. We painted the room (ok hubby painted) , but we're going to do a white chair rail to separate the colors. Also, we did Blue on the bottom and the green is on top. We have not decided the theme yet ( leaning towards abc theme) but we know we want the room to be colorful. Have you decided on nursery furniture? If so, what color is your crib? We are leaning towards white, but there seem to be so many options in the dark stained wood that I love.

Not my nursery but I found this link on another forum and thought there were lots of good ideas on here.
https://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/07/sneak-peek-best-of-nurseries.html

Mizze

Not my nursery but I found this link on another forum and thought there were lots of good ideas on here.

Mizze

Thanks Mizze. Let us know if you find anywhere to buy bedding/accessories that aren't in the usual baby designs

The carpet for the babies room is getting fitted on Saturday :thumbup: Then all we need to do is find some furniture and we are ready to go :happydance: That all depends if OH mum though as she is kindly buying it.

Mizze

i want to 10th from the bottom... the turquoise cot is gorg!! :flower:

thank you xx

Here's ours so far. My bedding is called "Patchwork Puppy" and is from Gap.com - it's on hella sale right now!

We don't have any wall hangings up yet, although an artist friend of mine is painting an amazing picture to hang over the bed, which will match the bedding.

Ignore the mattress in these pics, as I haven't put a sheet on it yet! :)

Attachments

• nursery1.jpg
    nursery1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 82
  • nursery3.jpg
    nursery3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 67
  • nursery4.jpg
    nursery4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 70
  • nursery7.jpg
    nursery7.jpg