Sick and faint with hunger?

GBS2012

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I'm 11 weeks pregnant today and for the last couple of weeks or so I've been really struggling with hunger. It's not that I'm hungry all the time but it's how I feel when I do get hungry. A lot of the time it's late afternoon and it just comes on suddenly. I can feel fine and then all of a sudden I'm starving hungry to the point that I feel sick, light headed and like I'm about to faint!
Has anyone else felt like this before? It's horrible and if I can't eat straight away, I feel scarily ill. Is it something I need to mention to my midwife?
TIA
XX

I feel that way too. I go from feeling blah to OMG I need to eat now or die. I keep granola bars in my desk and I try to start nibbling one about an hour after my last meal. I think it's all about keeping blood sugar very very very even at all times. I get so bad that even thinking about eating makes me sick even though I know that is what I need to do. Also try to stay hydrated!

Thank you! I don't ever remember feeling like this with my first! It's just such a horrible feeling!
I've been googling and googling (as you do) and it does seem that grazing/little and often/regular snacks seems to be key! X

I have the same thing. It's almost like desperation hunger out of no where. It makes you feel very unwell. I had it come on while picking up my DS from nursery the other day. The whole drive home I was so I'll. It's normal. I had it worse with my DS. But there's still time lol

I've been carrying around crackers with me lately. Something I can just pop in my mouth and gulp down to make myself feel better wherever I am at the moment.

Yes I feel like this. I have been suffering with terrible nausea and sickness and suddenly go very weak, shaky and severely sick for no apparent reason. I think it's because I'm hungry or thirsty, but the thought of eating at the time makes me worse. Vicious circle!
I do tend to feel better for a short while after I have eaten something, but it's daily I feel like that. It frightens me actually!

I get this way, too. I make sure not to go more than 2 hours without eating anything. Mini Babybel cheese has been my go-to for a between meal snack. I've also eaten a few too many PB&Js. Because baby needs it. ;)

Thank you all so much for your replies. I've armed with crackers, veggie sticks and hummus and babybels! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->