Sick of people asking how baby is!

suzanne108

Reaction score
ARGH!!!! :wacko:

I know people are only being nice and I shouldn't be so unappreciative BUT I'm soooo sick of people asking me how the baby is!

Its a question I would absolutely LOVE to know the answer to myself!

Sorry, it just really annoys me!!!!! Anyone else? :shrug:

tell me about it!! its not like we can see inside out bellys!! lol. obviously were not going to say oh not very good! they know we will say oh yeh he/shes fine! so why ask? haha!!

All I ever say is "its fine" lol....and the person asking probs thinks I'm being so unenthusiastic but without putting on some x-ray specs we really don't know!!! x

Yep, starting to annoy me too! I've started getting the 'haven't you parted with her yet' erm....FFS, does it look like it?! IDIOT!

Whinge over :rofl:

Hi Suzanne - Hows the baby??? Haha only joking :)
I used to hate it when my dad came round every day and hed ask - U still not had that baby yet - I know he was trying to be funny but honestly he asked it everyday from when i was about 3wks before my due date right up to about the 8 or so days i was overdue!! lol xx

Hehe Vac - I will probably forget how annoying it is and be asking you the same thing when you're nearly due!!! Please remind me of this if I do!!

Another one I'm getting annoyed with is "let me know if you get any twinges" or just had one from FOB "text me everyday and tell me if you think today is the day"......:wacko:

This happens all the time, I dont know what to say except its there and its kicking so I guess so...lol
I wish I knew a 100% that bean was okay.

omg my friend does that allll the time, just now she rung and said hows baby?? I really dont know what i am meant to say "ummm good?"

:haha:

Standard converstion for me.....

Person: awww how's bump
Me : big / growing / still there / active / whatever adjective I can think of that I haven't already said.

I genuinely do not know what people expect to hear? Some revalation about the differences in development between the left kidney and the right kidney??? I think we should try to come up with a list of more inventive and amusing answers to this oh so boring question....

I wonder if people would believe me if I told them she'd started singing?

xxxxxxx

I told someone the other day "i don't know, he won't answer my texts."

This really DOES drive me nuts. I would love to be able to have a little peekaboo window on my tummy like I do on my stroller so I could check and make sure he is ok, but I don't know! For all I know he could be angry at me for singing too loudly or something!

Oh, and "you haven't had that baby yet?" or "are you sure there's only one in there!" I swear I'm gonna snap!

:rofl: I must admit I'm annoyed with this question too. I usually answer: She's okay, I guess... :shrug: Because it IS a guess. I don't' know for sure, but I'm guessing she's well if she's bouncing about.

Some people ask every time they see me or talk to me... and my answer never changes, you'd think they'd think of something new to ask.

:rofl:

yeah I'm tired of it too... I just say "moving lots so I guess that means he's doing well!"

I know they mean well... but how about just asking how I'm doing?

I told someone the other day "i don't know, he won't answer my texts."

This really DOES drive me nuts. I would love to be able to have a little peekaboo window on my tummy like I do on my stroller so I could check and make sure he is ok, but I don't know! For all I know he could be angry at me for singing too loudly or something!

Oh, and "you haven't had that baby yet?" or "are you sure there's only one in there!" I swear I'm gonna snap!

rofl!!! i am so using that!!

I get this question from the token wiredo in our office every morning. And I always respond "asleep".

haha how trueeeeeeeee! and people saying "your growing!" tempted to say "yeah so are u u twat" x

aaagh I know , i just say um .. getting big , or wriggling away . I would love to know myself ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->