sickness depressing

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
'm 14+6 and still being sick every day have been sick since week 6 and have been off work for almost 8 weeks now, have been in hospital twice on a drip as I was very dehydrated with my ketone levels at +4. I've tried ginger, sickness bands, eating little and often but nothing works, I'm on cyclizine 3 times a day but don't feel it is working for me. I feel dizzy weak and depressed, I'm really fed up with this, I just wish it would stop. I can't eat an awful lot, toast and tinned fruit is about all I can stomach, I can't stop crying either and I feel so lonely as I'm at home all day alone, I have no energy to do anything, all I seem to do is cry and feel sorry for myself.:cry::cry::cry:

:hugs: Oh goodness, I do know how you feel... I went back to work this week (just 3 days a week) after 9 weeks off... I hated every minute of it, like you say, very lonely times. I'm almost agrophobic now too, after being in one room for so long, I hate going to another even, let alone outside. I think a lot of that is the uncertainty of what other places will smell like though, smells are 2nd worst thing I'm going through I guess. Also, worrying about being caught needing to eat (every 20 mins), and not having anything, or anything I feel I can stomach at the time.

It's so frustrating too, I have so much to do at home (renovating as well as paperwork) and I literally haven't been able to do so much as empty a bin! Luckily OH is a saint.

Not very comforting words I've written, I know, no 'it'll get better soon' etc., but I hope it helps to hear you're not alone with this! :hugs:

Aw hun. Keep going it does end eventually. I was 21 weeks before mine stopped but i cant remember what all the crying was about now!

Thanks, ladies. It is reassuring to know that other people are going through the same thing as noone I know has actually experienced this, everyone just laughs and says oh morning sickness.... it's so frustrating when people say oh well at least it'll be over after 9 months!! They seem completely ignorant to the fact that my body and mind are exhausted from this - even had some burst blood vessels in eye from so much vomiting. Hubby wants me to go see the depression/anxiety clinic that is run in the antenatal clinic. I feel like quitting my job cos can't see me being fit to go back anytime soon. It was so depressing when I reached 12 weeks and it didn't pass like all the doctors said it would. I want to go out and enjoy life, I want to be able to eat proper food, I haven't had a hot meal in 8 weeks, only thing I can stomach is white bread toasted and some fruit. I want to go shopping for baby and get house sorted out but I just don't have the strength. the only time I have left the house in last 8 weeks is for Doctor and hospital appointments. It's so unfair - I know that sound childish but I can't help it. Just feel like I can't cope with this much longer, I'm just so tired.:cry:

Thanks, ladies. It is reassuring to know that other people are going through the same thing as noone I know has actually experienced this, everyone just laughs and says oh morning sickness.... it's so frustrating when people say oh well at least it'll be over after 9 months!! They seem completely ignorant to the fact that my body and mind are exhausted from this - even had some burst blood vessels in eye from so much vomiting. Hubby wants me to go see the depression/anxiety clinic that is run in the antenatal clinic. I feel like quitting my job cos can't see me being fit to go back anytime soon. It was so depressing when I reached 12 weeks and it didn't pass like all the doctors said it would. I want to go out and enjoy life, I want to be able to eat proper food, I haven't had a hot meal in 8 weeks, only thing I can stomach is white bread toasted and some fruit. I want to go shopping for baby and get house sorted out but I just don't have the strength. the only time I have left the house in last 8 weeks is for Doctor and hospital appointments. It's so unfair - I know that sound childish but I can't help it. Just feel like I can't cope with this much longer, I'm just so tired.:cry:

You sound exactly like I did last 2 times. I was completely miserable and depressed. Just couldn't imagine ever feeling normal again and was so fed up. Mine passes at about 22 weeks. I've just started feeling rotten this last week and a bit again and I know I'm going to have months ahead and will be going into a very very dark place again.

It's terrible that some people just don't realise how bad it can be. When it's bad it completely rules your life, it's like living with a disability! I do hope you start feeling better soon, but like I say I can sympathise with you 100%. Just take it easy and if screaming and shouting makes you feel a bit better then do it!

:hug:

Thanks cattysmith I'm sorry that it's starting all over again for you, hopefully you'll be a bit luckier this time and it wont last as long for you. It is awful, the thought of another day like this is bad enough. Take care, I really do feel for you and anyone who has this as it's so much worse than normal morning sickness, it really is like a disability it just takes over your whole life.

Pretty much up until 16 weeks I was still getting quite a bit of ms, but for the last 6 days. I have feeling pretty good, about 90 percent.

Hold on

well I woke up this morning and had my usual 2 slices of toast before hubby went to work, a bit later I ate an apple which I have been able to eat last few days and then I took a sip of water and OMG I was so sick, I don't even know where it all came from as I didn't eat as much as what came back up. I think i may have lost my anti sickness tablet too but as I can't be sure I can't take another one until 4pm:cry: I feel like crap, I'm not usually sick in the morning so I try to eat what I can to ensure I get something that'll stay down. Why is this getting worse instead of better? I don't even feel pregnant, I just feel sick, tired and depressed. I certainly don't look pregnant my belly's as flat as ever and it's all making me paranoid that something is wrong though at my scan 2 weeks ago baby was great and last week hb was really strong so I'm prob just being paranoid. I haven't gained an ounce of weight as I lost so much being sick but I just worry baby will suffer as my diet is crap at minute, all I eat is toast and fruit. Just so fed up with this:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->