Sickness getting ALOT worse @ 13 weeks

xZoeyx

Reaction score
I have been on metoclopramide for the sickness since 7 weeks, and was hoping it would start to get better, but it's getting ALOT worse since I hit 13 weeks :(

I'm now throwing up every single thing I eat and I actually nearly choked because I had just eaten the food and hadn't had a chance to drink so I was bringing up food that had not even touched my stomach and it was making me choke, it really scared me!

Really don't know what to do :( doctor has now given me Buccastem? The ones that dissolve in your mouth, I'm praying they help :(

Hugs :hugs:
I have buccastem tablets for another condition (not m/s) and they are very effective, but warning they cause extreme drowsiness. You also can't take them while breastfeeding. I really hope they help though! xo
Is Zofran available where you are? My friend who had severe HG was on Zofran for both pregnancies and it was the only thing that worked. It's the only reason she was able to eat or drink and stay out of hospital. Also do you have HG? There is a support thread under gestational complications and the ladies there might have more advice for you. Loads of hugs :hugs:

Thanks so much for your reply, it gives me some hope.

Doctor hasn't actually diagnosed me with HG but it has to be that, I'm drastically losing weight and fast, and unable to keep anything down.

Thank you for your reply :)

Here is the thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/gestational-complications/131902-hyperemesis-sufferers-unite.html

It's an old thread - but still going strong since 2009. The ladies there are very supportive and will probably have more ideas about things that can help. It does sound like HG since you are unable to eat or drink (even on meds) and still losing weight in 2nd tri. Hugs. My friends experience with HG was so awful that I honestly was terrified of getting pregnant. But she had no meds for weeks and weeks with the first while no one listened to her that it wasn't "normal" m/s. Once people realized how serious it was things got much better. Hugs again!

Yeah exactly that, people think I'm just suffering with a bit of morning sickness! Nothing like that!
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look into that :)

I haven't hadanything so bad but my ms has only really started in the past week or so, weird. Sounds awful though i hope it passes for you x

Thanks Moomin. So do I cos I can't take anymore! (Not that I have a choice)

You really will manage all along but i so hope this particular phase stops!

I would NOT take buccastem again. I took it in January and MC Te very next day. I'm sure everyone is different and probably wash that what made me MC but I wouldn't chance it again xx

Sorry for being negative xxx hope you're feeling better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->