Silly question

0_o

Me, Df, Ds + Dd
Reaction score
...seeing as Im on baby number two, but how do you know when baby is actually hungry?

Dd is just over 5 weeks old. lastnight I fed her and an hour later she was screaming. after much moaning and "are you sure she fed properly" from oh, I went downstairs to pump, thinking get out what I can and top with one ounce of formula. I did this despite really not wanting to put formula in her. Ten minutes later I went up, she was fast asleep! So I had expressed for nothing and if she woke half an hr later she had no choice but the bottle. needless to say I was annoyed. Again just now, 1.5hrs after feeding, screaming commences. ok so I will finish making breakfast, so I can feed us both at the same time lol. I go in to oh and there she is, asleep!

so now I think she is tired half the time and not hungry as often as we think. I'm confused!! xx

Sorry no answers, but I wish I knew too! LO will scream after having a good feed, then I'll feed her again thinking she didn't have enough (after we have ruled out wet nappies etc) after a couple of minutes latched on she'll fall asleep, until I move her when she wakes and it all begins again!

My first thoughts are baby can get more out of the boob than the pump so maybe put bubs to the breast next time - she will feed if shes hungary - altho from what you said she may have just been tired .

I too tried the top up and yes she always took the bottle but tbh i think she did for the sake of it rather than actually hungry iykwim.

if she seems fussy after a feed you could try what i do if you want - i rock Dasiy from side to side if i hear sloshing your g-teed she has wind - i hold her under her arms and just kind of swing her legs left to right (hard to describe and looking at at i realise it may read odd) i then wind her till we have a good old burp then offer the other side.

also as a hungry indicator i used to give her the knuckle of my little finger and if she trys to suck it off then i will offer a feed - altho now shes using baby sign language !!

hope you find your solution xx

Ah the eternal question. If you find out will you let me know? :)

BF babies like the boob when they are tired, my LO still asks for feeds when she is sleepy. If it has been less than 2 hrs since the last feed try some cuddles and rocking to see if she will fall asleep but if all else fails just get the remote, sit down and give boob :) xxx

yeah i'm not sure either:haha: i think at some point you just know:thumbup: at 5 wks though, i didn't really know:shrug: but lo was pretty much glued to the boobies so she was well fed:haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->