silly questions alert...

Lozb

Reaction score
hi girls, can you still chart when ur ovulating when ur on the implant? :shrug:

This is a silly question I know

I don't think that's a silly question!

I'm not an expert on the implant, as I've never had it, but doesn't it stop you ovulating? As far as I'm aware pretty much any hormonal contraception will interfere with ovulation and make charting inaccurate or pointless. E.g. if you're on the pill, there's generally no point charting (except perhaps to practice technique, get used to temping etc just before coming off it) as it will not tell you anything - your cycles are artificially regulated by the hormones, so your body isn't behaving as it would on its own, if that makes sense?

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more will be along soon to confirm or contradict! :flower:

They've had a control line, but otherwise blank. I'm not sure if the control just tests that dye works, or if it has synthetic LH as the control. They were super cheap and got mixed reviews, so I think they may just be lame.

i have the implant but i dont have periods whilst on it so i definately dont ovulate on it. i would agree though that its not 'natural' hormones they are artificial so it wouldnt give you a true representation of your cycle. x

there are no silly questions, only silly answers ;)
i have often wondered this! im on the pill though but pretty sure i dont ovulate on it

Hi :)

You don't ovulate on the implant, that's how it prevents pregnancy (along with other changes it makes to your womb lining). This NHS page explains in detail what it does to your body: https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/contraceptive-implant.aspx#How The NHS website is great for explaining how all the different kinds of contraceptives work. Hope this helps! :)

Considering the Implanon is designed for it to be like a permanent surge of hormones for 3 years, I think the likelihood of ovulating on it are pretty slim. The chances of falling pregnant on it at 99.9%. Whereas something like the Pill could be a bit different, eg if you take it outside the normal timeframe, or diarrhea/vomiting within an hour or so of taking it, you may ovulate. That's just my understanding of it :)

thanks ladies I didn't think OPK would work but thought I would check. I am currently looking into getting the implant out..... have had it in 3 months and jst feel awful..... really bad sore skin with spots.... bad bloating that I feel like I have put a stone on..... tired....... miserable.... just generally dnt feel like myself. I am going onto the mini pill ones I get the implant removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->