silver cross pop stroller

juliespencer9

Reaction score
Im looking to buy this as its price is good and it seems a good stroller, anyone got it? whats it like?

Not specifically got the pop but silver cross are great pushchairs and the seat liners are great as reversible and washable rather than cleaning the whole thing. Also if you are getting the one with the sun visor its great, so much better than messing around with umbarellas. x

we have one!
my friend gave me hers, she had only used it on holiday so it was like new.. to be honest, i *probably* wouldnt have chosen it had i been buying new, but i actually LOVE it!!!
i use it in addition to my maxi cosi Mura, so its not our main pram, but i still use it quite a lot, its very handy to throw in the car, and fold up easily, and compactly, yet its still very roomy & comfy! Ruby is a big baby (30lb at almost 10m) yet shes still got loads of room, the recline is great for sleeping, and the basket is big & easy to access, so big thumps up from us!

I use ours when I dont have Ethan with me and Lily is comfy in it , its light for getting on and off buses the pocket at the back is quite handy all in all i love it xx

I bought this pram/stroller as it had good reviews....it's still in the box in my cupboard waiting for me to put it on ebay seen as i bought another one without using it! :roll:

From what i've read though, they're pretty decent prams :)

I bought one a few months back. Admittedly Olivia isnt in a pushchair that much any more unless we are going for days out but the times we do use it I think its great.

We bought it to go on holiday with next month because the quinny dosent lie back and i wish i'd never bothered with the other 2 strollers I bought before this and just got this one from the off. The only reason I didnt is because I had the Silvercross 3D Pram and I hated it with a passion. It was big and bulky and damned heavy, so I didnt expect much else from any other Silvercross but I was wrong. Its great

x

Avoid!

I got 1 in 08... its poor, really poor, within 4 months, footmuff zip broke, the whole frame is very loose & wobbles, brakes arent brilliant, 1 main thing too small! Amber grew out of it at 18months.. whats point in that? meant last till 3/4! Also not worth 120! then gotta buy for the footmuff.

I want rid of mine, not even selling for £30 on ebay! What a waste of money.

oh god hun, maybe you got a bad one? mine has none of those issues at all... i find it really roomy, ruby is 30lb and wearing age 2-3 and shes still got loads of room?

We have one and the more I use it the more I love it. It was bought as a second pram to chuck in the car. I'm using it pretty much everyday now.
We also bought the foot muff to go with it, the pocket on the hood is fab for purse/keys/bus pass. Its nice and tall with a handy cup holder. Ours doesn't have the sun visor but that's not a problem, my biggest gripe is the breaks! They work fine but get in the way when trying to bump it up and down those few little steps. So very minor problem!!
They're very popular atm too!

Avoid!

I got 1 in 08... its poor, really poor, within 4 months, footmuff zip broke, the whole frame is very loose & wobbles, brakes arent brilliant, 1 main thing too small! Amber grew out of it at 18months.. whats point in that? meant last till 3/4! Also not worth 120! then gotta buy for the footmuff.

I want rid of mine, not even selling for £30 on ebay! What a waste of money.

I had the Silver Cross 3D pram & that was poor quality too. Dodgy brakes, the frame twisted. I would never buy a Silver Cross again....... Dreadful pushchairs.

I then bought a Maclaren Techno XT & cant fault it. Superior quality & designed to go on & on. Its now being used for my second child & still in brilliant condition, despite heavy use.

ahh, I love my 3D! Its Just easier to chuck the pop in the car or use on the bus :)

I had one about a year ago, it broke after 5 months. It never felt very sturdy and when you put the leg rest down the seat looks tiny! I now have a maclaren techno xt, love it. So easy to push can push with one hand with a 5 year old in it. we don't use it very often now as he's 5 but will be using it on holiday as I know we will be walking alot. it still feels very sturdy after being used alot. would recommend all the maclaren buggy we had the triumph and a double they were also good.

I got one for Morgan when he was 3 months old, so a year and a half ago.. I wouldn't really rate it! The handles are really wobbly! Rain cover is baggy, breaks have never been strong on it! And Morgans too big by far for it now at 19months!!! For the price I payed, I could have bought a zia which I love and my friends seems very comfy and stable!!!

i brought a stroller last november for my little boy decided to go for the silver cross pop due to all the problems maclaren was having but i might as well of gone for the maclaren cos on the 4th may '10 daniel amputated his fingers in the hinge mechanism at the side of the pushchair. if i was you i would have a good look around and check the safety of all the mechanisms before you buy one cos they are all the same, especially if like me having to fold pushchair to get on and off buses.

i brought a stroller last november for my little boy decided to go for the silver cross pop due to all the problems maclaren was having but i might as well of gone for the maclaren cos on the 4th may '10 daniel amputated his fingers in the hinge mechanism at the side of the pushchair. if i was you i would have a good look around and check the safety of all the mechanisms before you buy one cos they are all the same, especially if like me having to fold pushchair to get on and off buses.

ohhh im so sorry to hear that.! poor little boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->