Simon's little brother

So you wouldn't use Neil just because a friend you know has a husband called Neil? Or have I missed something? I think that's possibly even too picky! I wouldn't worry about a name just because you know someone with the same name or you'll drive yourself mad!

I love the name Dylan and it sounds great with Simon!

Evelyn is pretty but you're right, increasing in popularity. I can understand why that may put you off. How about Rosalind (kind of Evelyn and Rosa in one name)

The person is the current partner of a friend. They are having a kid together in something like two weeks. I imagine our kids will play together as they are close in age; her 3 year old and my little guy are a year and a half apart and play when we can get together. I'd think it would be confusing if I called my kid that as her daughter still calls her mom's partner by his first name. If it was just a friend I probably wouldn't see much, I'd use it without issue.

I do like Dylan a lot. We will see. Edward is also still sticking around in my mind for now.

Rosalind is a really nice name :) I'd have to think of another middle name but I like that too.

Three more weeks until we find out gender!

Edward, nn Ted/Teddy is lovely :)

Evangeline, Genevieve, Everley/Everleigh (all can have Eve/Evie as a nn if you like Evelyn?? I personally love Rosalie, that would honour your friend without being identical??

I think if we stuck with the middle-name-meaning-something bit, we will go with Edward Richard (yes, lots of "ARDs" but its the only one I feel comfortable with like I did my first son's name) and Keira Rosa. I wanted to spell it "Kiera" as it is closer to the traditional "Ciera" but I don't want the set the kid up for "how is that pronounced" or a bunch of "KEY-ERA" pronunciations. Her poor dad has enough trouble with a phonetically spelled Irish name for the both of them.

If it is a her :) Everyone but me seems to think so, but we shall see.

Rosalie is a great name. Unfortunately its ending syllable and baby's/DH's/#1's last name (I kept mine post-marriage) are the same and it sounds a bit odd together.

Lol! We have a Simon too

Someone with the same dilemma, we know our Lo is a boy we can't use a name that starts with "s" since hubby's name starts with s too, we don't like names that can be shortened or turned to nicknames. I am feeling stuck too. Every name we like has some correlation to relative, someone we don't like, a movie character hubby doesn't like, a kid at daycare and so on. I will be following this thread closely.

Just reading through this and first thought i had was Niall? Irish and close to Neil that you like? X

I'd actually thought of using Niall but pronunciation would be an issue. We like Euan too but would probably spell it Ewan for that reason.

We find out in approximately 5 hours!

I'm pretty settled on Keira for a girl name, either Ewan or Edward for a boy name. We are discussing either Richard or William for boy middle name, but that may be a moot point.

Ah! It's so long since I posted in this thread that I forgot that you don't actually know the sex and I'm thinking of it as 'simon's little brother' already like the title! Have fun can't wait to hear your news

My intuition was right! #2 is a little boy as well :) I could tell MIL was disappointed but my feelings on that particular situation are that she can suck it and/or get herself a working uterus again and have her own baby girl.

We told family and friends after the appointment and are on the lookout for a boy baby doll for my son. Not looking so great on that front, will probably need to be an online order.

We haven't officially decided but my husband did say he's leaning more towards Ewan over Edward right now. I'm giving it a few days...same thing with the middle name!

Congratulations on two little boys! It's going ok for me so far ;) Ewan is lovely. I like Edward more but only because I like 'Ted' or 'Teddy' :D

Will you spell it Ewan or Euan?

I like Euan but we'd probably do Ewan as to make pronunciation easier. My sister is worried about other kids calling him "Ew". I told her Simon is called Slimey at times by both of us so we could have Slimey and Ew!

The only only only reason I would not choose Edward is because I don't want a default nickname of Eddie. I don't know why it bothers me (I love Teddy, but wouldn't call him that immediately) but I guess my sister is the same way. We all had automatic nickname names (Stephanie = Steph;Rachel = Rach/Ray;Jacqueline=Jacky) and it must've subconsciously bothered us when people we didn't really know called us by them. My sister's son is Gabriel and she doesn't like when he's called Gabe. My niece calls him that as she's 2 and can't say his full name yet, but other than that, my sister puts her foot down about it.

Funny because one of my friends decided on Ewan with that spelling. Then at her baby shower she was given a Ewan the dream sheep. And she said she read the tag and said oh how cute, 'Eee-wann' and her OH was like well we can't use that spelling if you don't even recognise the name when it's written down! So she went with Euan. Just made me think of that, that the pronunciation isn't necessarily obvious that way

I know what you mean about automatic nicknames I get the version of mine immediately too. I call my son by the nickname version of his name by choice though. And my eldest I extend his name for his nick name as it's only one syllable lol

Boo44 that cracked me up :) I could see that happening for sure. I would worry about people saying Ew-ehn as it isn't a common name here. My friend who just had her son has an older daughter named Ariana (Ari-Ahn-A) and so many folks call her Ari-Anna. I just think some names are harder to figure out.

My in-laws are bugging me about names. I have chosen to not tell them as MIL has an issue with running her mouth. When a cousin asked and I said I'd prefer not say just yet, MIL goes "well I know what the middle name will be" all full of herself. When I told her we had narrowed it down to too choices, she let out a dejected "...oh".

No matter what I choose she'll have a complaint so I've decided to just leave her out of the loop until we have chosen his name.

I did tell my mom and she said both would work well, same with the middle names.

I am leaning heavily towards Ewan William though. DH said I should practice using names when talking to the baby. If my firstborn had his way, we would be calling his brother "Bee"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->