Single mum again, re claiming benefits singly?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
I just need any advice about benefits that anyone can give.

My ex partner is leaving next week he says .. which will leave me basically in a mess, we are joint tenancy and I will not be able to afford rent alone because he lost his job and was working less hours we filled forms for housing benefit jointly but still waiting on that obviously I'm going to need to tell them I need to claim singly but will I need to re apply all over again and wait again? I'm just worried about the rent that's all.

Then there's child tax credit I claimed singly since my son was born but obviously moving with partner I re claimed jointly, so I need to re claim again singly or can that be done over the phone? I've never changed back and fourth that's all and I know they already have my details on system? Just if re applying I'll be waiting another month+ with money instantly stopped.

Last of all .. I was a volunteer but claiming JSA until moving with partner ..situation I'm in now do I need to do a rapid reclaim asap? Or do I need to wait til I've changed everything to do that?

Be grateful for the advise in a big mess atm and worried financially especially being pregnant and having my son alone. Please dont judge

Best bet is just to give HMRC and housing a call, see what they say :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"