sitting unassisted

mickey

Reaction score
sitting unassisted, what does it mean?

the manual of the pushchair I want to get says it is only suitable for children who can sit unassisted, but not for newborns.

when is a baby not a newborn anymore?

the pushchair comes with straps to support the child when sitting?

from which age can you use it then, what you guys reckon?

thx :hi:

Its when for eg you can put baby on its bottom and it will sit upright without you needing to help it or prop up with cushions etc.

Usually (all babies different) its round the 6 month mark.x

Sitting unassisted i would guess is when your baby is able to be in a sit position and hold it's own weight up. baby usually needs assistance when sitting or he/she slouches/falls over, not being able to keep the upper body propped up on it's own. I'm not 100% sure when the average age is when babies are able to sit unassisted, but my friend has been working on this with her 7 month old, and she can *almost* do it.

Mickey the pushchair you have reclines right back so the baby would be on its back, it wouldn't need to be able to sit, although I know the Quinny Buzz is supposed to be suitable from 6 months onwards, I used it for Ky from 4 months - But then he was a fatty! -
You could possibly get away with it, only you would just need an insert/ support to put in it so its not so deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->