Size 24-26?

Awesome ladies, thanks for the info!! I think it's time for me to get one.

wooot! mine arrived today! I don't have a bump yet though (only just under 15 weeks! lol) but YAY!! :D

Hi again girls...

Still waiting for a decent enough bump pic to post, but thought I'd give my penny's worth regarding the belly bands...

I noticed some for sale in "George" in your local Asda... I think there were two for £6. You don't get a choice in colours - The pack includes one white and one black.

My mum also noticed that in her local Lidl, they had a two pack (one plain purple, and the other purple with white butterflies) for £3.99... Think they are only part of the "offers" that they tend to have every now and again.

SO, check your local Asda (in the maternity clothes part) or Lidl first!

About the Belly bands...Anyone know where I can get one in the US?

^ I'm in the US (Colorado) and I got mine from a store called Motherhood. Go to Motherhood.com and order one off their website if you don't have a store around. They have regular One-Size types and Plus Size bands. Fits perfectly, I love it!

Hi all! Great thread, so glad it's here! I am 14 weeks tomorrow, and don't notice any bump yet. I am a size 22-24 on the bottom and 26-28 on top.

What are these belly bands you are all talking about? Are they to help lift the "apron" up and out of the way?

^ I'm in the US (Colorado) and I got mine from a store called Motherhood. Go to Motherhood.com and order one off their website if you don't have a store around. They have regular One-Size types and Plus Size bands. Fits perfectly, I love it!

Yeah I looked and they only had 0 in regular. Ill have to look again, maybe I missed something :)

Maybe I'm just dense, but could someone please explain how you wear these if you have the flap of fat? I feel like my "apron" is pulling and it gets uncomfortable at times. I need something to support it, but am confused how to wear the band. The pics I see show it neatly placed under the beautiful 9 month bump of a size 3 supermodel, so it's kinda hard to picture me in one. Please help!!

I'm not sure how it'll help an apron, as I don't really have one. But I certainly have bulges (am about size 20, so not huge, but certainly not a size 3!) and am only 15 weeks in these pics:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2008-1.jpg

and if I lift my shirt:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2009.jpg

My jeans are baggy (it's all that will fit over my thighs. ugh) so they're too big without a belt, but a belt is digging in. In these pics i'm not using a belt at all, the belly band is holding my jeans up totally fine without any problems! It's NOT tight, I thought it'd be fairly firm to hold everything, but it's not at all, it's really comfy!! :D I imagine if you have an apron you might have to lift the apron up when tucking your shirt in or whatever, but I think the belly band would hold it up in place pretty well once you've lifted it....

I think your getting the bands confused with the support bands.

Bellybands go over the pants to extend the wear of the jeans or pants without seeing that their buttoned. https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=991950398&MasterCategory_Id=MC30

Support bands on the other hand, bring the belly UP from hanging. https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000398&MasterCategory_Id=MC30

The support bands that I've seen are RARELY in plus sizes which makes me a bit irritated. I think I saw where one woman commented that she had hers made by a physical therapist or something here??

I would LOVE a support band if I could find one in my size for the flap issue.

do use not all get frustrated an angry??? i do because i cant find any maternity clothes in my size (22 on bottom and 24 on top) apart from online and you usually need a credit check to order anything!which i wont get! i cant find bras in my size anywhere! i can find cup sizes but not around sizes! im a 46E!! they always only go up to a 40 or something! and bump band things only go up to a size 20! makes me so depressed to be a bigger mum :(

I think your getting the bands confused with the support bands.

Bellybands go over the pants to extend the wear of the jeans or pants without seeing that their buttoned. https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=991950398&MasterCategory_Id=MC30

Support bands on the other hand, bring the belly UP from hanging. https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000398&MasterCategory_Id=MC30

The support bands that I've seen are RARELY in plus sizes which makes me a bit irritated. I think I saw where one woman commented that she had hers made by a physical therapist or something here??

I would LOVE a support band if I could find one in my size for the flap issue.

me 2!! my "flap" is so annoying and just gets in the way!!

do use not all get frustrated an angry??? i do because i cant find any maternity clothes in my size (22 on bottom and 24 on top) apart from online and you usually need a credit check to order anything!which i wont get! i cant find bras in my size anywhere! i can find cup sizes but not around sizes! im a 46E!! they always only go up to a 40 or something! and bump band things only go up to a size 20! makes me so depressed to be a bigger mum :(

I've found some EXCELLENT bra's and panties at a plus size store. They're EXPENSIVE but I've been buying them paycheck to paycheck and now have some really nice panties that don't unwravel and bras that fit.

I have this bra nice texture, great fit and wireless

I'm sure our sizes must be different than yours though as most UK sizing is smaller.

Also I LOVE love love the underwear! I have the cotton but their satan is beautiful too. I just happen to like the cotton better. They are made very WELL. :thumbup: plus size cotton panties that don't unravel and are worth the money

As for maternity pants. I'm annoyed with them. I have yet to find a nice fitting maternity pant with the old cotton block on them aside from a find at the second hand store. The new lines have stocking like material holding up heavy jeans or such that end up falling off this plus size woman. So I found a few pairs of cotton pants at Catherines as well on clearance. I plan to go back for more as well.

I'm annoyed with the whole plus size industry with exception to Catherines and CJ Banks who both carry TASTEFUL clothes lines for plus size women and have a beautiful set up for storefronts.

My motto if I'm going to pay MORE for my clothes, I BETTER be treated with a little respect instead of thrown in a back corner or separated from the skinny floor OR made to buy online where I'd have to purchase more than one size to see if it fits.

I'm DISGUSTED with the treatment of plus size women who spend MORE yet aren't offered tasteful clothes. Aside from the two stores mentioned, I will not give my money to stores that have no respect for women of plus size and think that throwing them out of the way will be alright because they will buy the clothes anyways. Target irritates me because they set us in the middle of maternity. If there's one thing I'm annoyed with its someone asking me how far along I am when I'm NOT pregnant. Or Dr.'s telling me to lose weight when I actually eat better than him with low carbs, whole grains, natural sugars, etc. I even excercise alot more than most but never lose it because of a sluggish thyroid or the fact that I was on injectable hormones or the insulin I was put on that's safe during pregnancy however any unused insulin in my body will turn straight to fat. I just can't keep up with the fat storage at the moment...but NEVER tell me I'm not healthy because though I'm fat, I live a healthy lifestyle compared to many skinny people, thank you very much!

I honestly think retailers need to revamp their focus on plus size women since there are quite a few of us. Instead of being imbarassed by us, how bout treating us with a bit of respect since we pay more for clothes because more material is needed. I don't appreciate retailers judging me as not caring about my body enough to wear crap and look frumpy because they don't take the time to research their clientel and find the proper fitting clothing for their clients that look nice with their body types.

I'd also like to see more plus size petite pants.:winkwink::thumbup:

it is ridiculous the lack of plus size clothing in the world!! it makes me feel ashamed to be bigger! i hate shopping it makes me feel so dperessed as there is only a handful of shops who do my size! and even then your paying over the odds for shapeless crap coloured frumpy clothes! i dont want to be living in jogging bottoms for the rest of my pregnancy :( and yeah i would look on amercan websites but i dont know how the sizes thing works out! xx

oh an them bras and panties are lovely!!! the bra sizes have just confused me tho ha! no E's thee just D, DD OR DDD lol

hello ladies

im a uk 20/22 and still got a B bump at 18 weeks but its slowly coming out. I also have that apron and i hate it!! Had it before my 4 year old was born and never lost the weight after having her so im just adding to it now but saying that i havent put on any weight yet!

will post a pic soon x

I am loving this thread, I am a US sz 20, and just now am noticing a little more roundness and firmness up top (still all pudgy at the bottom lol). This is me today starting week 17!
https://i52.tinypic.com/n3qmvl.jpg
I'm glad to have a thread to post my pic on, I didn't on a lot of the other threads because most of the other bump/weight threads were tiny sz 4 women (nothing wrong with it, but I can't relate to it!)

That is a great bump too cute!!! I can't wait!!

I am looking into a support band! Thanks! Also, posting so this thread stays visible out there! We have been hidden too long, ladies! Let's keep this thread out there for other "Fat mommies" looking for support! As I have said before, let's "Jump out with our bump out!!"

A quick question: How am I supposed to wear maternity pants and shorts? I know it sounds stupid, but I bought some size 1x, and they are a bit small, but support nice, making my bump look and feel nice. I also bought a 2x, and my "apron" hangs under the tummy panel, making dents in the sides of my bump. They also are not too supportive, but they do come up higher than my navel, which I like. Any advice?

Agreed on keeping this going, but im only in my first trimester..Well for at least another two weeks! Hope you gals don't mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->