Size 24-26?

Dollface, wear what feels comfortable. I'm having the same issue with plus size maternity cuts. I honestly don't have a clue who keeps making these!! First issue is the pantyhose material band that won't hold up the belly, THEN its the low cut to the lower abdomen. For ME the panel shows to the public because my apron hangs low. :wacko: Is there not any plus size designers out there willing to make some nice maternity clothes for us?! I'm just wearing plus size cotton stretch pants and putting the waist band over my belly. It's not the greatest, but it works for now.

Sorry I'm not much help here!

Pbuggy, I'm sure it doesn't matter which trimester your in, only that your a plus size mommy proud of your little bump! :hugs:

pbuggy - why would we mind!?? we are all in the same boat! the more the better :) i wish everyone would pay more attention to bigger mums! and not think that we can only fit into tents!!

i was size 10 before i got pregnant.. but just in 2 mnths of pregnancy my clothes did not fit me so i just got over some maternity pants of a size 20 though those are still a bit loose fr me right now with a lil bump at week 17 but then i find the maternity clothes so damn expensive that i thought of buying the new ones of a bigger size thn current so would help out..

but now i think will have to get a size 24-26 whilst in my further weeks :(

any new bump pics ladies, I'm going to take one in a bit and post, I'm doing one every 2 weeks.

I was excited that I found some clothes that will stretch with pregnancy that look cute. DEB (it's a cheaper store in the US that has a plus sized section as big as the regular section) had a buy one get 1 for a dollar sale, and I bought 4 tops for 40 dollars, they all are stretch in the front so should accommodate for the next 20 weeks, I just bought the same or one size larger than my pre preg. size to make sure. I know I'm going to have to get maternity pants eventually (I bought one pair for work already), but I'm glad I don't have to goo crazy with the tops because maternity pants are expensive around here!!

any new bump pics ladies, I'm going to take one in a bit and post, I'm doing one every 2 weeks.

I was excited that I found some clothes that will stretch with pregnancy that look cute. DEB (it's a cheaper store in the US that has a plus sized section as big as the regular section) had a buy one get 1 for a dollar sale, and I bought 4 tops for 40 dollars, they all are stretch in the front so should accommodate for the next 20 weeks, I just bought the same or one size larger than my pre preg. size to make sure. I know I'm going to have to get maternity pants eventually (I bought one pair for work already), but I'm glad I don't have to goo crazy with the tops because maternity pants are expensive around here!!

let me find one for you x

We went to Biltmore Estate during spring break with our daughter and her friend. This is my bump at 23+2. I think it's getting bigger! More bumpish!

https://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/doll_face28/100_6050.jpg

https://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/doll_face28/100_6189.jpg

Will be taking more pics to share soon. I'm so happy to not be the only "fat mommy" out there!:hugs:

Thank you SO much for this thread, and for your loving little community. I am 31 years old, type 2 diabetic, size 24-26, and feeling like a reprobate for ttc! We've been ttc for a couple of months now, and as of today I am one week late (which I never have been) and showing lots of symptoms, even though the pee tests are still neg. Going to the doc on Wednesday, and I hope, hope, hope to be joining your ranks! Thanks for all the positive energy, the sharing, and the beautiful pics. Hope to reciprocate. <3

I love DEB but not all of them have plus size around here :(

So I have my picture but can’t really see anything (Im only 12 weeks so I didn’t expect to see anything, even though my husband says I’m getting bigger). I just wanted a comparison picture for when I do actually get a big bump :) My bloat is gone, YAY! It seems that the baby is actually making my "top" belly bigger, I guess pushing everything up! :huh:

Attachments

• 12weeks.jpg
    12weeks.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 21
I'm getting really upset, I'm 27 weeks and I've got nothing :( I have a tiny bump bump it's only noticable if I like put my hands on my belly a certain way, otherwise it just looks like flub. :( It's not getting any bigger or higher either which is worrying me a little...

I'm getting really upset, I'm 27 weeks and I've got nothing :( I have a tiny bump bump it's only noticable if I like put my hands on my belly a certain way, otherwise it just looks like flub. :( It's not getting any bigger or higher either which is worrying me a little...

I would think it's just the way your carrying. It sounds like your carrying low like me. Sadly it's probably the position the baby is in and the fact that your carrying low. There shouldn't be anything to worry about and I've heard that some women actually start moving upward in the last few weeks.:thumbup::hugs:

For those of you with more than one child. How long did it take for you to lose baby weight? Or weren't you able to? I've heard that it takes 9 months to put it on and just as long to take it off.

Just wondering if the breastfeeding really does help us plus size women to gain momentum on a sluggish metabolism. Do you REALLY lose weight from breastfeeding??

i am on my third child and i have not lost much weight at all, makes it alot harder that i have the "apron" hanging down and that wont shift!!

I am so pleased to have found this thread!! I was a size 20 UK before pg. I carry all my extra weight on my belly anyway and had been mistaken for being pg quite a few times before. Now I proudly wear my tops that before I was too embarressed to wear in case someone asked me!
I had to buy maternity jeans at 8 weeks as the bloat was quite bad. It appears that now my belly is really changing shape. I can only fit into the maternity jeans, and my boobs have grown so much I have very few tops I can wear as well!
I was quite worried I'd just look fat and never have a bump but seeing all your gorgeous pics makes me feel much more positive. :) I've also been using belly bands as I found that my over the bump jeans rounded my belly in a more pg than fat way. People do seem surprised when I say how far on I am. I've had the "gosh is there really only one in there?" comment which I'll admit I found a little hurtful. But as long as my bun is ok I don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am on my third child and i have not lost much weight at all, makes it alot harder that i have the "apron" hanging down and that wont shift!!

What does a girl have to do to get rid of that darn apron that hangs?! I have that darn thing too and I'm so frustrated at how to get it outa there. Is our only option to have it cut?? Can't we do it the old fashioned way somehow??:shrug:

I posted my bump around 17 weeks, and here is my 19.5 week preg bump :blush:

https://i51.tinypic.com/dg2qgn.jpg

I posted my bump around 17 weeks, and here is my 19.5 week preg bump :blush:

https://i51.tinypic.com/dg2qgn.jpg

So lovely! (Also love the Windex...Like you just wiped the mirror down! :haha:) Wish my bump was high and nice like yours!:hugs:

Mommys angel ~ I know it is soooo annoying and I think our only option would be a tummy tuck, its just loose flabby skin that I don't think will go away however many sit ups you do,

Ttcmikeandme~ gorgeous bump, I shall post my bump piccie later x

May I join? I am plus size( 20) and having my second child. I am 3 stone heavier this time round tho so feeling pretty damn massive right now!
Have just uploaded my newest bump pic to the bump threads but will add it here too. Its still pretty B shaped atm, hoping it will pop out soon tho!
I worry how big I am going to be by the end of it all....:cry:

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member