• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sjgpisy

Right. That new co-sleeping study fucked me off massively and then I saw UNICEF's response basically pulling them apart and giving them a big FUCK YOU I am now very happy. Highlight of my day :rofl:

:hugs: sequeena:) ttc is tricky business! Ive always hada rough go at ttc, thankfully im done now so dont need to worry about anymore!

Does the study say co sleeping is unsafe? Im a cosleeper so i disagree highly:)

Beth, dont worry it couldve been water weight:hugs: youll get there:)

Right. That new co-sleeping study fucked me off massively and then I saw UNICEF's response basically pulling them apart and giving them a big FUCK YOU I am now very happy. Highlight of my day :rofl:

It annoyed me too. Most of the world co-sleeps, it's only the western world who put their babies in cots (in the main). My HV told me how dangerous it was to co-sleep when Holly was one year old. I just stayed quiet, smiled and nodded. I think this study is very contradictory. Co-sleeping isny for everyone, I know many babies sleep better in their own room. But some babies sleep better in their parents' bed. As long as co-sleeping is done safely there is nothing wrong with it. I was terrified of co-sleeping for a long time due to midwives scaring the hell out of me. I started co-sleep at 8 months and I wish so much that I'd started earlier!

Sorry for my ignorance, but what did the study say?

I part-time co-slept for a few months, it definitely saved my sanity. I still do in the mornings when he wakes up at 5am and I'm not ready to get up yet :haha:

Basically co-sleeping is evil :rofl: but there was so many flaws in the study it's ridiculous. SIDS is not suffocation. No-one knows what causes it. It happens anywhere, any time. Baby could be in its cot, your bed or in your arms. Doesn't matter. I hate the comparison and the ignorant sods who tell me I'm endangering my son.

Should have seen the argument I had with a nurse when T was 5 months old over it :rofl: we've been co-sleeping for 21 months now I must be doing something right.

Thanks Meli :) I'm not surprised, it took 2 years to TTC Thomas so think we're in for another long ride.

I only heard a segment on This Morning about co-sleeping and one of the men on there was saying that suffocation can lead to SIDS and I was like :saywhat: and I didn't pay any more attention after that because I realised they were talking shite!!

You get these stories every now and then and it's best to just :ignore: them and continue what you are doing.

Co sleeping isn't for us, but then Anabella is so happy in her cot. I wouldn't have ruled it out if needs must though!

Sequeena - sorry to hear you haven't caught the egg this month, fingers crossed for next month

Beth - You'll be fine when you get back in the zone. How much have you lost so far?

Has everyone had a nice day? I've done diddly squat apart from interview prep for Thursday when Anabella has been asleep. Boring!

I had lost 29lbs. Now 27. X

That's great! :thumbup: How long has that taken? If I remember rightly you are following the Slimming World plan aren't you? Do you do much exercise too?

My interview is for a new role within the Bank to look after their high net worth clients - a big part is to provide financial advice which is what I am experienced and qualified in. I am not looking to return to work until Oct/Nov time in a part time capacity but if I am successful they have confirmed they will support me in that. But I HATE interviews and I've been out of work for a year and I have serious baby brain!!

That's great! :thumbup: How long has that taken? If I remember rightly you are following the Slimming World plan aren't you? Do you do much exercise too?

My interview is for a new role within the Bank to look after their high net worth clients - a big part is to provide financial advice which is what I am experienced and qualified in. I am not looking to return to work until Oct/Nov time in a part time capacity but if I am successful they have confirmed they will support me in that. But I HATE interviews and I've been out of work for a year and I have serious baby brain!!

Well good luck :)

I started end of febuary but had a few weeks holiday where I maintained so I think it took me about ten weeks. Yeh slimming world! Its been really good! No exercise lol. I attempted the 30 day shred but didnt finish it then stopped exercise all together :/ x

Well good luck :)

I started end of febuary but had a few weeks holiday where I maintained so I think it took me about ten weeks. Yeh slimming world! Its been really good! No exercise lol. I attempted the 30 day shred but didnt finish it then stopped exercise all together :/ x

You've done fantastic to lose pretty much 2 stone in 2 months! That's some going. I'd say you need to give yourself a break as you are being far too harsh on yourself :)

I cant wait to lose the weight after baby comes:) i had lost 15 lbs before i got preg, but ended putting it back on right before i got my bfp:-(

I cant wait to lose the weight after baby comes:) i had lost 15 lbs before i got preg, but ended putting it back on right before i got my bfp:-(

Lol. I managed to lose all my baby weight, was a lovely size ten again and fell pregnant! I'd always said next time I would eat healthily but with the sickness all I wanted to eat was toast and crisps for a long time! Then I just stuffed my face and gained 4 stone! Xx

I went 5 months with no dairy or soy products, so since being able to have them again, I told OH "I am eating whatever I want, whenever I want until I go back to work". So that's basically what I've been doing...I've definitely gained weight but I refuse to feel bad about it. I'm the assistant front end manager at a grocery store, so once I'm back at work it'll be back to working 9 hours a day, running around all day, and only take one 15 minute break to eat something quick. I'll lose tons of weight just by doing that alone. It's less than a month away so better enjoy it while I can.

Speaking of...Boo and MrsB, how were your first days back at work?

Thank goodness ive only gained 16 lbs so far! I gained 35 with my second and 50 with my first, so ive done pretty good so far:) oh wait, could it have anything to do with the constant vomitting?!

Hey girls can I join :)
I seen some of you had SJGPISY in your signatures and I was like what the hell is this haha so I found you all ha .

I haven read all the thread because I know if I start lily-Mae will wake and I won't get anywhere but I have read the last few pages ha . She's been sick that's week . High temp , teething and sore throat . Getting better though .

Weight wise I haven lost too much I'm 125lbs would like to get to 8stone ideally . Have a holiday to salou booked for end of June so this should give me the motivation.

Thought number 2 was on the way last night haha ... Period started but it was only spotting brown blood and then stopped . I actually got really excited hah but today I have my full on period . Boohoo :(

That all my news ha :) hope your all having a good day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->