Sjgpisy

:hi: Hi Keyval and welcome to the gang. Are you trying for baby number two, hence the test? If so, how exciting!

Aimee - I always wondered what Josiah did for a living, but just never gotten round to asking you!

Was it you that said you were offered a role where you could work from home? Have you decided against that now?

The saying "gets right on my tits" is reasonably common here, but I can imagine how daft it sounds LOL

Boo - Glad work is ok and Jack has settled with grandma with no problems! I take it work colleagues are none the wiser? I guess it's good you are not actually being sick, as they may guess!

Meli - I hope your little boy doesn't keep you hanging on too long, especially if you are having contractions! That must be so frustrating.

Well I had my interview today. It went OK but it was super tough. I find out next Friday. Fingers crossed !!

Beth, I have a moby too but stopped using it a while ago. Callum can't see much and that doesn't fly with him anymore. I've been looking into some other carriers like the beco and ergo. And the mei-tei. So many choices! I was there was a babywearing group here that I could go to.

Yeah, I decided against working from home. I knew I wouldn't be able to put my full attention onto work and get everything done because I'd want to be playing with Josalyn. I may get a very part time job sometime in the future just for more adult interaction, but we'll see!

I wish we had a baby wearing group near me also, or a sling library! Those sound awesome!

You mamma's with two kids, how do you do it? lol. I'm so keen for number 2 but after baby sitting my 2 year old neice all day yesterday, I'm not sure anymore! Probably didn't help that Angas was in meltdown mode all day...

Evening everyone. Pompey hope you get the job!

Thomas has started biting himself when he's angry. No idea what to do about it!

Hi gypseys!!! :haha:

Sorry I've been MIA this week. Just trying to get used to the whole work thing and coping with morning sickness! Joys.

So what's the goss?!

Welcome Keyval!!

Hi boo:) it sucks having to deal with a new job and morning sickness:-( hopefully it passes soon:)

Thanks meli! It's trying to hide it that's difficult! Although I do think when I'm busier at work I tend to dwell on it less and actually feel a bit better... But wow I do hate morning sickness :( Think I'm in it until at least 12 weeks - with Jack it stopped around 13 xx

Youre lucky! Im 35 weeks and am still sick most days:-(

My morning sickness stopped like a week after I found out I was pregnant...so 17 weeks :haha: I found drinking gatorade/powerade in the morning really helped.

Probably because its packed full of sugar! I have a to have something sugary in the morning or i throw up. I need to get my blood sugar up as quickly as possible! How did you not find out you were preg until 17 weeks?

Well, my period had always been really irregular, so the fact that I didn't get didn't even cross my mind. I took a pregnancy test before we went on vacation to the Dominican Republic (beginning of Jan), as I had been throwing up every day and all my co-workers said I was pregnant. But the test was negative (it was expired, as I later found out when I found the empty box like months later) so I didn't think I was pregnant. About 2ish weeks later, OH and I decided to start TTC after he got a promotion, the next day I took a pregnancy test because underneath my ribs felt hard which I found was weird. And it was positive...I figured it was only like 8 weeks at the most. Go for an ultrasound...16 weeks 6 days :haha:

I would do it that way again though. I was pretty much almost halfway through my pregnancy, I was out of first tri, I found out the gender at 22 wks so only had to wait 6 wks for that which was good because I'm incredibly impatient.

A friend of mine is pregnant with her third and found out at 17 weeks. At least I had the excuse of not knowing what being pregnant felt like...she's been pregnant twice before and didn't even know! hahaha

Hope you feel better soon ladies. Morning sickness is a bitch.

I don't miss morning sickness one bit! I had it the full pregnancy with Logan, some weeks it would be several times a day, some weeks it would just be once or twice a day. And with Rory o had it bad until 17 weeks then mild until 24 weeks. Was soo glad when it stopped!!

Hope it eases up for you ladies soon! Xx

Hiya Girls,

Can I join in? A bit late in the day!

I'm Sarah & from Leicester. Feel like Quinn is getting close to taking his first steps but I'm probably just convincing myself. He likes to cruise around the room and has let go a couple of times but then either wimps out or falls over haha.

Can't believe some of you are only just going back - I feel like I've forgotten maternity leave already. I left on 31.5.12 so that date will be weird.

What are you guys doing for the first birthday celebrations? We're just doing a little party for immediate family but DH's family are flying over from N.Ireland which'll be nice. x

Hiya Girls,

Can I join in? A bit late in the day!

I'm Sarah & from Leicester. Feel like Quinn is getting close to taking his first steps but I'm probably just convincing myself. He likes to cruise around the room and has let go a couple of times but then either wimps out or falls over haha.

Can't believe some of you are only just going back - I feel like I've forgotten maternity leave already. I left on 31.5.12 so that date will be weird.

What are you guys doing for the first birthday celebrations? We're just doing a little party for immediate family but DH's family are flying over from N.Ireland which'll be nice. x

Well its both my kids birthdays 6 days apart. So for Rory we are going to a play place called creepy crawlies which is in York. But were going to let Logan bring a school friend with us so its for both of them really. A few family members will come too. Then were going to Frankie and bennies for tea. Let them both have a birthday sparkler in their ice cream lol.

Then the following Saturday were having Logan's 4th birthday party. He's asked for s fire fighter birthday so were going to use that theme. Invite ten friends from school, have a bouncy castle and play some games like 'put out the fire' with things like cardboard or even plastic bottle 'fires' that the kids have to shoot down with water guns and balloons. OR get my oh to dress in orange and run round the garden with the kids squirting him with water lol.

One of my friends just found out she's expecting her 4th ... She's 25 weeks!!

Hiya Sarah :) for Thomas' first birthday we had a family tea party then on the actual day we took him to an indoor rainforest with lots of animals and then had a meal (my lo and oh share their birthdays).

We're doing a BBQ a few days before his birthday, with family and friends. There will really be only one other baby though. OH's parents will be coming for it, which will be nice, they live about 5 hours away. Then on his actual birthday I told him to tell his parents, and I told my mom that I want the morning just the three of us, for one, I know I'll be a wreck and need to get all my crying out in the morning, haha. So we'll go out for breakfast, go home and he can open his presents (except for his big one which he'll have at his party) and then probably meet his parents somewhere and then go over to my moms and then all of us go out to dinner.

The thread has died!!!

So SJGPISY girls, what has everyone been upto?

meli - any sign on your little man yet?

Hi Mrsbeano! :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"