skincare routines

What about Lancome? That's my next stop when my skin is really playing up.

i love lancome makeup and their makeup remover so yes, thats a good idea. Might need to remortgage but hey ho LOL

Maybe a wipe, a wash and then toner is drying your skin? I think it would mine.

possibly but my cleanser doesnt remove makeup :shrug: So I'd need to use something to get makeup off first.

maybe try a one step cleanser / make up remover, then toner? Personally I hate not 'washing' my skin with water but I think that combo would be less drying.

i think i'll change the tea tree toner and get a proper night cream first then if not i'll rehaul my entire regime :cry:

anyone tried biotherm?

I dont have any spots or blemishes but I am 25 this year so may actually start with some form of moisturizer cream.

I am 34 this year and I only use moisturiser if the weather is really bad, I think the problem is people think they have to use all these lotions and potions as they get older and they really dont. Fair enough if you use make-up every day then you will have to remove that and moisturiser because the make-up will dry out your skin. But as for me I believe why use lotions if you dont need them, if you have good skin why clog it up with all sorts of crap :)

I dont have any spots or blemishes but I am 25 this year so may actually start with some form of moisturizer cream.

I am 34 this year and I only use moisturiser if the weather is really bad, I think the problem is people think they have to use all these lotions and potions as they get older and they really dont. Fair enough if you use make-up every day then you will have to remove that and moisturiser because the make-up will dry out your skin. But as for me I believe why use lotions if you dont need them, if you have good skin why clog it up with all sorts of crap :)

I only wear eye shadow/mascara etc not foundation or blusher. I guess your right as they do have lots of chemicals in them. I am really lazy with my skincare routine but I dont believe expensive stuff is any better really.

I think everyone should moisturise tbh. I work in a geriatric hosp and you can tell which ladies look after their skin before you look in their toiletry bag.

Sounds about right to me (or at least that's how I'm justifying to myself not spending money on lotions and stuff :haha:). I don't wear make up so I don't get my skin dried up by it anyway.

I think everyone should moisturise tbh. I work in a geriatric hosp and you can tell which ladies look after their skin before you look in their toiletry bag.

My grandmother is almost 90 years old, she never used any lotions and potions (part of the reason I dont use them) and she doesnt look a day over 60, her skin is amazing for an almost 90 year old, plus my OH's aunt is almost 80 she also never used any potions and again she doesnt look a day over 60, but then she also has more energy then me, so I guess she is just young at heart lol

I don't like using toners. I feel like they dry my skin. Maybe I've just not found the right one though.

I agree with you Blah about the importance of moisturising. I've had a skincare routine since I was about 17 and people always say I look a lot younger than I am (mid 30s) and I swear it is down to Clarins! No matter how tired (or in the days before babies, how drunk) I was I always do the whole cleansing and moisturising routine before bed. I do wear quite a lot of make up every day though so I think a skincare routine is more important than if I didn't wear any.

I don't like using toners. I feel like they dry my skin. Maybe I've just not found the right one though.

I agree with you Blah about the importance of moisturising. I've had a skincare routine since I was about 17 and people always say I look a lot younger than I am (mid 30s) and I swear it is down to Clarins! No matter how tired (or in the days before babies, how drunk) I was I always do the whole cleansing and moisturising routine before bed. I do wear quite a lot of make up every day though so I think a skincare routine is more important than if I didn't wear any.

I think a routine is far more important if you wear make-up every day, I have only wore foundation once in the past 17-18 years and I only use a touch of lip gloss, mascara and eye liner when I go out (once in a blue moon :( ) I will be 34 in 8 weeks time and most people think I am about 25-26 (which can be very annoying as I like being a 30 something :haha: )

I guess it also depends on your skin type, I have been lucky as my whole family seems to be have blessed with really good skin (even the boys lol ) :flower:

Take my makeup off with superdrugs own eye makeup remover on the night
Cold water & pat dry
Wash face with cold water and a tiny bit of baby soap on the morning
Apply Makeup

:lol: my skin is shocking lately, need to take more care of it definitely!

I am currently using Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser (no toner) then Elemis Pro Marine Collagen cream, I exfoliate once a week with Liz Earle exfoliator and every now and then use Bliss Oxygen face mask. I have a slight addiction to lotions and potions and swap and change loads :blush:

I think a routine is far more important if you wear make-up every day, I have only wore foundation once in the past 17-18 years and I only use a touch of lip gloss, mascara and eye liner when I go out (once in a blue moon :( ) I will be 34 in 8 weeks time and most people think I am about 25-26 (which can be very annoying as I like being a 30 something :haha: )

I guess it also depends on your skin type, I have been lucky as my whole family seems to be have blessed with really good skin (even the boys lol ) :flower:

Yup genes and skintype. Also lifestyle!

I dont smoke and I dont go anywhere hot but still use sun cream every day. I think suncream is the factor on skin not moisturizer. I think I have pretty good skin. I dont need foundation anyway and never had acne or spots. My mum still looks young and so does my nan. Hopefully I will take after them.

I use clinique anti blemish 3 step treatment, morning and night

i cant get on with clinique, clarins or dermalogica :(! an expensive lesson I've learned haha

I've used every skin product under the sun tring to find a miracle, even a £110 pot of frickin crime de la mer that may has well been Nivea! I got recommended Liza Earle products, wasn't convinced at first as its all natural and my head thinks chemicals must be used to make mine appear younger lol!!! It's the best stuff I've ever used, hot wash cloths are fab but you need a few of the muslins and I use the moisturiser that's all. See the reviews online, they were all good when I was buying. Not overly expensive either.

I've used Liz earle a lot in the past. I think I have a bottle upstairs actually. I'm just a product whore I think! Think I need to face facts that il nwver have super nice skin, sigh.

Im a boots No7 convert, hot muslin cloth cleasing cream treatment, protect and perfect day & night creams, I make sure I get every scrap off. I only use a toner in summer when the skin is a lot more oily and sweaty.Also I go a day or two without wearing any make up at all, just to let the skin breathe.

Before pregnancy i didnt care so much about a cleansing and moisturing routine, just used a 'Simple' wipe - during pregnancy have noticed skins been a lot dryer and fine lines started showing, so really want to try and stop it getting worse if i can help it, also use make ups with SPF's - have realised what the suns done to my face now!

I'm religious about sunscreen.
I avoid the sun, and cary a parasol if I have to be in direct sunlight for a prolonged period of time.
I don't use any soap on my face (only warm water).
To exfoliate, I gently rub my face with a warm, wet wash cloth.
I use a Dead Sea minerals anti-wrinkle cream every night before bed.

I have a video on YouTube in which I talk in detail about my skincare routine. My username is LittleLunarLullaby, if anyone's interested.

my gosh my skin would be walking out the door if i used lush on it- so perfumed!

i use boots organics baby face wash, followed by mustela stelaprotect baby face cream (when i need it)

occasionally i make my own pore strips with sheet gelatin and milk.

once a week or so i use super u canelle (cinnamon) body scrub as an exfoliator with a soft bristle electric toothbrush

daily i use bb cream as a moisturiser/foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->