Sleep for kids aged 17-24months?

KX

Reaction score
How long at night do your kids go down and what naps during the day?

Rebecca has started going down for 11-12 hours each night (with a few grumbles throughout the night) however she does not sleep during the day.

As I am getting bigger, I am more tired and grumpy and would love for a min during the day to chill and have a cup of tea, but she just isnt tired. :cry:

I know I should be grateful she goes down all night (but it has taken nearly 17 months!) but I would love a wee nap from her during the day!

Im getting greedy arent i?:rofl:

Nope not at all ....

Try putting her in her room after lunch and say its quiet time and let her play or sleep??

Maddie has 2 naps wether she likes it or not!

xxx

Coby has a nap in the afternoon still, anything from an hour and a half to 3 hours, it depends.

Night times are still a struggle tho, we have been trying to get him down between 8.30 and 9, He still wakes up over night, think its his teeth tho, and he will wake in the morning anytime from 6.30.

x

chloe goes down for a nap at 11, and can sleep for up to 3 hours, she goes to bed at 7:30 and is up anytime between 6 and 8

Ella will sleep for about 12 hours at night and 1-2 hours in the day. She did go through a phase of not sleeping in the day at about 17 months, but now she sleeps everyday again, thank god lol. I think the trick is to wear her out, this is probably hard for you now as it will wear you out too! but even if you go the park sit back and let her run around should do the trick xxx

Noah is put to bed at 8:00 at night and I get him up at 8:30 he normally wakes up about an hour before this though and playes with his toys in his room. He has lunch at 12:30 and is put to bed imediatly after so about 1:00 he then sleeps till between 4:00 and 5:00 depending on how active he has been during the morning. He has always had a very strict routine, so he knows himself whats going to happen when I get him down from his highchair he picks up his drink and toddles upstairs by himself. sometimes he doesnt go to sleep stright away, I can hear him playing with his toys, but then he gets into bed himself and goes to sleep. Perhaps start introducing this sort of routine with Rebecca. it will prob take a bit of getting use to in her part but hopefully she will settle into a routine with a set nap time.

I was going to start a similar thread!!

Jamie varies each day! some days he will have a nap after lunch and usually sleeps for 2 hours, in which case he will then go to bed around 7.30-8ish and sleep for 12 hours.
However recently he just hasnt been tired in the day and hasnt slept at all, in which case he then goes to bed at 6pm and falls asleep right away! then he usually sleeps through til 7-8ish.

Regardless though, i always put him down after lunch so he knows its quiet time!

Noah is put to bed at 8:00 at night and I get him up at 8:30 he normally wakes up about an hour before this though and playes with his toys in his room. He has lunch at 12:30 and is put to bed imediatly after so about 1:00 he then sleeps till between 4:00 and 5:00 depending on how active he has been during the morning. He has always had a very strict routine, so he knows himself whats going to happen when I get him down from his highchair he picks up his drink and toddles upstairs by himself. sometimes he doesnt go to sleep stright away, I can hear him playing with his toys, but then he gets into bed himself and goes to sleep. Perhaps start introducing this sort of routine with Rebecca. it will prob take a bit of getting use to in her part but hopefully she will settle into a routine with a set nap time.

Cat that sounds like the perfect routine, now whats your trick of getting him into that routine? are you always at home for lunch time ? what do you do if you are out and about ?

I try and get madam out in the garden as much as poss for fresh air, she loves out on her slides etc..it makes her all the more hyper :rofl:

I am sure she is the bionic daughter tho as she has always had an issue with sleep!:hissy:

LOL!

Awww hun some kids just get hyper ...

I put maddie down like 3 times today for a sleep and she just fighting it!

xxx

Jack always has a sleep about 10.30 can be 1/2 hour-3hrs!!
Doesn't have an afternoon sleep anymore

He goes to bed about 7 and gets up between 6 and 7 usually

Dior has only just stopped HAVING DAY TIME NAPS, AT NURSERY SHE WILL HAVE 1 HOUR AFTER LUNCH BUT I RARELY LET HER NAP IN THE DAY ELSE SHE IS NOT TIRED AT NIGHT, she sleeps 12 hours at night

Harley has about 1 hour nap in the day and sleeps 12 - 13hrs at night

Kai goes from 8.00-8.30 and he can be very unpredictable with the time he wakes up, on average though he wakes up about 8.

He naps after lunch for about 2 hours but hasn't today as he was up very late - 9.45 so won't have a nap today.

Cat that sounds like the perfect routine, now whats your trick of getting him into that routine? are you always at home for lunch time ? what do you do if you are out and about ?

Being very strict! If you change it around every day or so and do things differently while your trying to instigate it otherwise you send confused signals. Also His room is decorated in a way that is child friendly so he can play unsupervised, I just have the monitor on. So if he wants to wake early he just plays but he isnt taken out of his room. Once they are in a routine you can push things a bit, like he might have lunch at 1:00 instead and sometimes if were oput shopping for the day or visiting people he wont have a sleep at all in the afternoon and he is fine with that. To start off nap times I did it in the same way I did night bed times with controlled crying. Dylan at 9 weeks is also on the same routine. So I alwayys get all afternoon to myself to do what I want.

kacy is going through a fase of not having a sleep really at all some days she well but not for long at all for like half an hour but then sometimes she will sleep 2-3 hours during the day, then goes bed at 7 and gets up at 7 maybe a bit later, if she has gone to bed later

Ken sleeps daytime once after lunch about two and a half hours in a cradle. Before he goes to bed he wants either my OH or I sing or read for him,he wakes up at about 6:30 am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->