sleep routine

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
what do u all do to get LO to sleep?
rock them? pat them? or leave them to go sleep by themselves?

My bubs goes to sleep on his own hunny...even when i do feel like a cuddle and try and get him to sleep in my arms so we can snuggle up he just won't have any of it xx

wow lucky u! :)
My princess has to be rocked, patted, shhhhed to and then MAYBE she will go to sleep within 30mins...
sometimes we have to do it over & over again at least 3 times before she actualy falls asleep.
Shes fine when she is in our arms but the min we put her down she cries her eyes out!!!

Gosh, my LO is so hard to put to bed, the min you put him in bed he is wide awake and start to cry! I did left him on his own but he would cry for an hour sometimes which is hard for me. But im hoping with persistance and time he will have his routine.

Ok, so I rocked, fed, walked, pushed in buggy, drove in car seat - everything to get our daughter to sleep, for 5 and a half long months. Trouble is she was waking every couple of hours or even more frequently in the night and needing the same treatment to get back to sleep.

We finally said 'enough is enough' and embarked on sleep training. I didn't leave her to cry on her own but I did put her in her cot and then stay with her and pat and comfort her with words until she finally dropped off. Sometimes I also leaned over to sort of cuddle her in her cot, but all without lifting her out or feeding, etc. That took 2 hours the first night, slightly shorter the second night, and night 3 there was no crying, just some biffing around and grumbling, and then she was out within 15 minutes. Plus, the night-wakings reduced very dramatically, too.

I am not sure whether this would have worked had we tried it when she was much younger, I just don't know....might have done, might have not. I think it is so important for them to learn to go to sleep on their own without a prop, but it is obviously harder for some babies than others and I am not suggesting letting your baby scream and scream for hours and hours if he or she is clearly very worked up. TBH I also think that DD being able to roll onto her tummy and sleep that way has helped her self-settle - but I am certainly not recommending that to anyone because of risk of SIDS.

Lucy

She falls asleep pretty quickly in the evening.

Bedtime diaper change,bedtime bottle,pj's on and then just a bit of rocking her to sleep and putting her down.

I too have to pat and rock and sing and let her have my boobie for a bit!

My Lo goes to sleep on her own. She wont have it any other way. I miss her being newborn, when she was littler she would let me hold her while she slept, but now, i'm not good enough :-(

Alasdair mostly has to be put in his car seat and rocked. But sometimes he just falls asleep where tiredness comes over him! I tried (well twice I tried!) to put him in his cot but it just seemed like that woke him up and then it was even harder to get him off. I think he thought it was a game as whenever I checked on him he just smiled at me :dohh:

With Jayden i try putting him in his bouncer and rocking it after ive give him a bottle sometimes works sometimes dosent. Then i try lying down on the sofa putting him on my chest and tapping his arse and he moves round for a bit looking around and then moves his head to the side and falls asleep then the tricky part is putting him in his moses basket without waking him up sometimes when i put him down he wakes up straight away then i just put some music on for him and it sends him back to sleep. Other thing i try is i have some mates that live on the block of flats next to me i take him round in the pram and that sends him to sleep.

We used to have to rocl,sway,jiggle,rock,sway,jiggle......on and on she would always change what would work! to the point where we started putting her down,tucking her in and putting dummy in and she would drift off. But that is only if we spot the tired signs (she is always so alert its unreal) most of the time we can do this now..........APART from this morning she has spent 2 hours fighting it!!!!! AARRGGHH!!!!

wow its nice to know im not alone!! lol
she falls asleep in the arams quite quickly but as soon as we put her in the basket thats when she wakes up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->