• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleep Sense Support Group!

Morning ladies! Happy Mothers Day for yesterday, I hope you all had lovely days..... and a restful night :haha:!

One small question - LO sleeps in a co-sleeper (a 3-sided cot attached to our bed), do you think if I start all this now, it'll regress when we put her in her proper cot in her own room in a few months time?

Hi Elski,

Kyle sleeps in something similar called a Bednest. It is a crib with 3 sides which attaches to our bed so I can just reach over and pick him up. I figured we'd start the training whilst he is in that then move to a cot (which we will do this week as he has outgrown the crib). Looks like our LOs are very similar in age - Kyle is 11w+3 today

x

First nap is going very well! I kept him up till 8.55 (got up at 7), he was very tired and screamed when I put him down for his nap, I thought I had left him too long and he wouldn't be able to settle but he was asleep in five minutes - and is still asleep at quarter past ten! Yay!!! Now I'm worrying because we are supposed to be going to baby yoga at 11! We normally leave at 10.30 and walk up but I guess if I drive we could be there in 10 minutes. Don't know whether I should wake him if he doesn't wake himself - what would other people do?

He woke up at half ten so plenty of time if I drive up!

We've had an hour and 45 min nap in travel cot!!!

20 mins of grumberling then sleep! I got stuff done!

Hi all, hope you had lovely Mother's Days!

PM - so pleased for you!! Your OH sound brilliant too, what a team!
We moved Evan at 17 weeks; he had started to wake more easily whenever we moved around, so I felt it was the right time for him. Don't feel like you have to do it though, I know Dana recommends it, but if Kyle isn't bothered by you and OH being there, I can't see the problem.

Polaris - we have this problem big time! Evan naps through everything at the minute, and I can't bear to wake him in case I undo his hard work! The only time I woke him was yesterday at my mum's when I thought he was going into 'night time' sleep. I cancelled a baby group on Friday with my friend because of this, but I don't want to do this indefinitely. Not any help am I - I don't know!:wacko:

We had a great night again, we were out yesterday, and Evan managed to nap in his travel cot, but only the old 40min version from before the SS days! He's now been down for nearly 2 hours on nap 1. I'm finding that he has pretty much stopped rubbing his eyes before nap time, and I am having to just rely on the clock - anyone else having this?

I hate waking him and it never goes very well, not matter how subtle I try to be, he still screams and is generally grumpy. Kind of means I can't plan anything for sure at the moment. today hasnt been great as i think i missed his tired signs this morning, so he was really wound up and only slept 30 mins for first nap, so already on second nap but he didnt find it as easy as usual to get to sleep..

Hi ladies

thanks for your comments :)

am totally shattered today - i think i was up more than i was asleep - dd had about 4 feeds last night - tried to just settle her rather than feeding but her crying would just get louder

put her down for 1st nap at 11.15 and she cried for about 15 mins - she had been up for just over two hours and was showing tired signs. Will try wake to sleep again - has worked on two occasions now - fingers crossed it works again so i can get some sleep

Polaris - i woke dd up from her 3 hour nap on Friday as i had to go out and she was okay with it - i think its cuz she was ready to get up. Thats the only time ive had to wake her up as her naps are normally only 30 mins

Yes dd is in her own room - it wa a bit easier as i slept in her room so there wasn't that much change for her :)

i will try to put her down earlier for bedtime - hopefully will help

hope everyone is okay

:)

PieMistress - when are you starting? Or have you started already, if so, how's it going?

Polaris - glad to hear you don't think I'll have too much trouble when it comes to putting her in her own room and glad to hear this mornings nap worked well and you got to yoga on time :)

Jacs - congrats on the good night and the nice long nap!

Lyre - hope he shakes off the grumps and your day improves ...

Flower - sorry you had a poo night and hope an earlier bedtime tonight helps.

Right, I'm off to purchase SS. If it doesn't impress me, you lot are in BIG trouble :winkwink:

No nap joy thus far....! DD managed 20 mins, and then I heard this strange squeaking sound...went in, and she'd somehow managed to get Sophie (the giraffe) through her safasleeper and was having a chew and moan to Soph.

She, of course, saw me and decided it was all too much and wasn't napping!

I know I shouldn't find it funny...but it really was, because she was perfectly fine until she saw me!! If only I had recognised that squeak!

No nap joy thus far....! DD managed 20 mins, and then I heard this strange squeaking sound...went in, and she'd somehow managed to get Sophie (the giraffe) through her safasleeper and was having a chew and moan to Soph.

I know I shouldn't find it funny...but it really was, because she was perfectly fine until she saw me!! If only I had recognised that squeak!

:rofl::rofl: That is quite funny - and we were just saying we didn't use Sophie for sleep times, LOL!

Hi ladies

thanks for your comments :)

am totally shattered today - i think i was up more than i was asleep - dd had about 4 feeds last night - tried to just settle her rather than feeding but her crying would just get louder

put her down for 1st nap at 11.15 and she cried for about 15 mins - she had been up for just over two hours and was showing tired signs. Will try wake to sleep again - has worked on two occasions now - fingers crossed it works again so i can get some sleep

Polaris - i woke dd up from her 3 hour nap on Friday as i had to go out and she was okay with it - i think its cuz she was ready to get up. Thats the only time ive had to wake her up as her naps are normally only 30 mins

Yes dd is in her own room - it wa a bit easier as i slept in her room so there wasn't that much change for her :)

i will try to put her down earlier for bedtime - hopefully will help

hope everyone is okay

:)

Sorry you had such a rubbish night - could she possibly be going through a bit of a growth spurt and that's why she's looking for so many feeds? There is one at six months isn't there?

Question: If LO falls asleep in the car seat on the way home, would you let him sleep in the car seat or move him into the cot? I don't find that he sleeps particularly well in the car seat so I would often try to move him - although he seems a bit more comfortable since I took out the newborn support last week. :dohh:

Last week after swimming I moved him into the cot and he woke up very briefly but went straight back to sleep and had a lovely long nap - he would have only been asleep 10 minutes or so.

After baby yoga a few of us go for coffee afterwards so he slept for 45 minutes in the cafe, then when he woke up I took that as my cue to go, bundled him into the car and he fell asleep again on the journey home. I was thinking about moving him into the cot when we got home but in the end I decided against it as if he woke up I'm not sure he would fall asleep again because he's already had a good bit of sleep.

Sorry you had such a rubbish night - could she possibly be going through a bit of a growth spurt and that's why she's looking for so many feeds? There is one at six months isn't there?

thanks Polaris - yeah i did think it could be a growth spurt - but she's not feeding more in the day - maybe she just wants the comfort

regards to taking lo out of car seat - it has never gone down well for me - she always wakes up so i now just leave her to sleep in the seat - if its worked for you before then i would take him out of the seat

I know I shouldn't find it funny...but it really was, because she was perfectly fine until she saw me!! If only I had recognised that squeak!![/QUOTE]

that really cracked me up and so sweet :) ul be on squeak alert from now lol

If she's in her carseat and has had less than half a nap, I move her to the cot. More than half a nap I leave her where she is. I think if I tried to move her when she only had half an hour of a nap, I'd be in trouble!

we're in nap hell over here! :devil: lol 2 x 20 min naps and one 40 min nap = a very tired, grizzley baby who is in hysterics laughing one minute and crying the next :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::

not too sure why tbh, i think it just down to the crap nap this morning :shrug: oh well, tomorrow is another day. lol

That is quite funny - and we were just saying we didn't use Sophie for sleep times, LOL!

I know!!! Well, napping today has left me with serious egg on my face. Said to DH - 'think it'll be good today, got a feeling'...has been quite the opposite!! lol

That is quite funny - and we were just saying we didn't use Sophie for sleep times, LOL!

I know!!! Well, napping today has left me with serious egg on my face. Said to DH - 'think it'll be good today, got a feeling'...has been quite the opposite!! lol

They do love to make liars out of us!

well we've had better naps today - a 2.5 hour nap this morning and having one now - 1hr 20 mins so far - i hope she wakes up soon though - what if she thinks its night time -ahhhhh:wacko:

hope ur naps went well

definitely an early night tonight :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

would u wake lo from a nap if it was getting too late????

she's still asleep now

i would have put her to bed around 7ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"