• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleep Sense Support Group!

i usually wake him at 6.30 and try to play for 30 mins then feed and bed at 7pm

Thanks Lyre

how long is the last nap usually for you? she's been sleeping 2 hours now - i'd best wake her otherwise i'll have a fun night again

I read in the Week by Week book that you should keep your baby awake 2hrs before bedtime but there is no way Kyle can do that - I would have a very very tired baby on my hands !!!

think it depends on the baby, i dont think you can keep them up without having an unhappy bubba, i give him 30 mins just to distinguish between naptime and bed time. last nap really depends, but it is usually the longest one of the day, so anything from 1-3 hours... x

thanks - she woke at 6.30 - wide awake now - will wait for he tired signs - she can normally stay up at least 2 hours before getting tired again - i won't wait that long but don't think i'd be able to put her down again at 7pm

wow this has been her longest nap total since she was a newborn - i didn't know what to do with the time :) please please conitnue

thats great news. i dont wait for the tired signs cos i know my lo likes the routine of going to bed at exactly the same time every day.......so may be try putting her to bed, if it doesnt work you can always try again later.

Great naps flowers!
We had the same today (and yesterday), woke Evan at 6pm, to go to bed at 7pm. I know that if he naps late, he can't stay up longer than an hour. It's like he's a little bit into his night sleep!

My little guy's asleep now - 15mins of fidgeting, but not a sound bless him! I've left him to it for all his naps and bedtime today - first time I've done a whole day of walking away, and had no tears thank goodness!

Hope you're all having a good night xx

Naps are a work in progress - great am, crap crap crap pm so went to bed really tired but on a positive note, daddy did bedtime for the first time in ages and she did it for him with no crying too! They did have a discussion over milk eating but daddy won.

This is good news as on friday they are alone together all day as I've got to work and take 88 13 year olds to Belgium for the day!

Poor daddy!

Haha, I'm guessing the 13 year olds are easier than a 4 month old at nap time!:wacko:

Oh yes! and 88 teenagers high on belgian chocolate are easier than a phoebe who hasn't slept enough and is teething and who has just woken up 30 mins into a nap!

and teenages can pretty much sleep all the time - without their parents sitting next to them!!!!!

Another good night - straight to sleep, bless her.

Naps - not good!! See previous!!

History - wow, that's some trip!

Naps - not good!! See previous!!

Naps - not good!! See previous!! Glad to hear some are getting success with there...it's encouraging :D

oops, double post...have edited bottom one. Sorry!! We stayed up watching Hurt Locker last night, and have a bit of brain fry :D

I am reading this thread avidly but I just can't seem to commit and buy the programme. £30 seems like a lot.... is it really worth it? Shall I do it? I have tried 'wake to sleep' as a sort of 'trial run' but it hasn't worked yet. BUt then maybe I'm not doing it right.

well i waited an hour to put her to bed and what a bloody mistake that was - i really should have listened to you Lyre

she cried hard for 1.5 hours - i kept patting her to calm her down but thenstopped to allow her to self settle - she is now asleep but sobbing and its horrible

:hugs::hugs: Flowers

Cattia, if you've got any questions at all...one of us should be able to answer

:hugs::hugs: Flowers

Cattia, if you've got any questions at all...one of us should be able to answer

:hugs: Flowers - that sounds like a stressful evening, it is horrible when they get upset like that. I am with the others, I would put LO to bed at pretty much the same time even if he had a late nap, so for example if he napped from 5 to 6 I would still put him to bed by 7.

I didn't have a great bedtime tonight - first time we've had crying at bedtime in ages. I think the problem was that it was ten past seven by the time I was putting him down, whereas I have been putting him to bed at 6.45. I started the routine a quarter of an hour later because he didn't seem to be tired and was having great fun playing with OH - big mistake I think - and then it took ages to wind him so he was totally overtired going down so we had some crying. So then I was convinced he still had wind because he never cries at bedtime so I went up to try to wind him again and the poor thing was trying to twist himself out of my arms and covering his eyes and putting his thumb in his mouth, so I finally realized he just wanted to go to sleep and was exhausted - he finally went to sleep at 7.25 so only 15 minutes but I have got so used to my easy bedtimes, it was not nice being back to the crying. I will be sticking to 6.45 in future - and then if it takes longer to wind him at least he will still be in bed by 7.

On a more positive note, we had brilliant naps today - an hour and a half in the morning, then almost two and a half hours at lunchtime, then a forty five minute nap in the afternoon which was all he needed to tide him over till bedtime.

would u wake lo from a nap if it was getting too late????

she's still asleep now

i would have put her to bed around 7ish

If her last nap takes her past 6, we wake her up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->