Sleep time routine!

glamgirl

Mum of a beautiful Son
Reaction score
Well, i have been trying hard to put jayden on a routine now, to go bed at 8pm, even though it sound a bit late to me. So im thinking of making him go bed by 7pm now.

My questions are:

What age or months do you start a routine for your baby?
What time do you put them in bed?
Do you let them cry till they fall asleep or you make them sleep?

Caitlyn sleeps when she wants to, she's still little, who cares if her bedtime is rubbish?

yeh I try and settle courtney in the evening after her feed... not a strict time... but the only thing I do is make her aware that it is night time!! Low lights, less noise etc!

Paige is abit older now so have only recently started letting her cry, sine about 6 and half months, but extablished routine early because she followed my son's, that was bath, bottle, bed but if baby not settling do the low lights no noise like kerry said, start with the basics it should all slot in from there x

yeh I try and settle courtney in the evening after her feed... not a strict time... but the only thing I do is make her aware that it is night time!! Low lights, less noise etc!

Thats what i do as well, dim the light and make less noise! He cries sometimes when i kiss him goodnight and go! And it honestly does hurt me looking at him crying but im thinking of the long run, if i dnt do that he will think he is the boss...

When i said 7/8pm he doesnt exactly sleep that time, he does still play around until he realises no one is around to look at him. All i do is read his story book, kiss him good nite and i just stay near the door to see what he is upto.

I`m just wondering how long it will take them to know thats the bed time...

Paige is abit older now so have only recently started letting her cry, sine about 6 and half months, but extablished routine early because she followed my son's, that was bath, bottle, bed but if baby not settling do the low lights no noise like kerry said, start with the basics it should all slot in from there x

Thats what ive been doing i bath him, give him his milk and put him in his bed,dim the light, read him his book and kiss him good nite... Hope it won`t take too long for him to get used to it...

Hannah has set her own routine pretty much but it fits well into our life

Routine as follows

1) Bath between 7 and 8 (depending on her mood, nap, feeding schedule etc.)
2) 8:30ish bottle (again depends on her feeding schedule for the day--she can eat this bottle anywhere from 6-8:30)
3) Rock her to sleep and put her down giving mommy and daddy alone time :happydance:
4) 10ish dream feed her

She sleeps until about 4 in the morning, though the other day she slept until 6:30 :shock: and goes back down after eating until around 8 when we get up for the day

Alasdair was having his feed and going down for the night between 9-10, sometimes as late as 11.

I've started bringing it forward as Alasdair was getting very tired and falling asleep at around 8:30 anyway when he hadn't been fed since half 5 or 6...then I'd face the 'do I dream feed or not?' dilemma.

Last 2 nights Alasdair has had time with his nappy off at 8, bath at 8:10, bottle at 8:30, boob for 10 mins at the end of his feed and then I've rocked him to sleep in his carseat. I make sure he's asleep and then take him up to his cot. I really don't believe he's able to go to sleep by himself yet. I also turn the lights off (hall light on) and keep the noise down from when he's having his feed. After learning that others here did it, I started putting him in his grobag after his bath. He definitely does associate it with sleep I think.

summers bedtime routine is:

Bath at 7:15
then when she gets out the bath she has bedtime lotion massaged into her
then she snuggles up in our bed and we read a story, or a couple depending how tired she is and then at about 8:15 she has bottle and is in bed asleep for half 8
i absolutely love having a bedtime routine and so does she the me and daady get the rest of the night to ourselfs!

we bath Teddy around 5.30 then it's playtime until he's tired around 8.30 when I change him, and feed him to sleep and pop him in his cot already asleep. Or I lay down on my bed and pretend to go to sleep with him. I then leave him there to sleep till we come to bed and I move him to his cot. I'll have to stop this soon when he starts moving about...
I try and avoid daytime naps after 4.30.

When he's older (maybe 5 or 6 months?) I'll try and leave him to get to sleep alone - I'll let him cry a bit more. I cant do it yet, I tried and failed, I'm too soft and I think he's too young.

I did try putting him to bed earlier straight after a bath at 7.00 but it was hard work and he screamed a lot. It was stressful. The doctor suggested that we bring the bath forward and give him palytime afterwards - she said some babies find the bath too exciting to be able to switch off and go to sleep right after a bath. She also said some babies simply arent tired by 7.

The more relaxed routine works for us. If Teddy isnt tired by 8.30 I wont force him to sleep and he can stay up a bit longer - I think it's more stressful to force the routine. Plus he's still little.

We're still working out the kinks on this one, but generally.....

6:30- Marlowe in jumperoo watching Superwhy. She loves it! I don't get it. Maybe she'll be a reader.
between 6:45 and 7- bath, sometimes with us.
7:15 bottle and bf- Tried to just do a bottle, but she likes to bf.
7:30-7:45- read a story or 2 in her bed.
7:45- lights out- goodnight!
7:50- pick her up as crying, bf again and bounce on exercise ball with her cradled in arms
8:00- asleep or halfway there and put her in bed.

we have just taken the lead from maddi and we have had this routine for a while now - pretty much like everyone else - bath around 7 - bottle - cuddle -bed - she some times stirs but not often and sleeps through till7/8 :)

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have an 8 month old daughter, so I want to tell you about our routines.

I started putting Vilde to bed at 7.00 already after her first week, and have kept that routine ever since.
The first six months, I changed her diaper and put on her pyjamas at around 6.30, then bf her in our bedroom before putting her down in her own bed. She basically fell asleep by herself after maybe a couple of weeks with some crying and protesting (never more than 30 mins)
I bathe her only two times a week, so that's not really a part of the routine... But dimmed lights in the bathroom and bedroom, putting her down in the same position every night (she likes to sleep on her right side), and give her her Bunny for comfort.

I think since this became a good routine, I have only needed to go back up to her about 5-6 times! And the whole time, she has pushed her feeding time further and furter towards morning. I stopped feeding her at night time when she was around 4 months.

Since I started giving her solid foods, I bf her downstairs, then give her supper, then bathroom, then straight to bed. She accepted that from day one. :)

So, my best tip is be consistant! Stick to routines, and the baby knows when to expect sleep (and food... same thing works there) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->