Sleep? What's that?!?

Ahughes

Reaction score
For the past week or so I have been having the hardest time getting a good night's rest. I either struggle to fall asleep, or I fall asleep right away and am up ever 2-3 hours to pee. Then, sometimes I can't fall back asleep after that. I've read online that it is common during the first trimester to deal with insomnia but I feel like I'm going crazy. Anybody else going through this? I pray it gets better soon :cry:

I've been having the same issue! So annoying. From what I can from remember from first time around, it does go. But then it comes back!!! I remember having terrible trouble sleeping during third tri. Probably because I was so uncomfortable in bed. The dream genii pillow helped with that though.

Hope you get some sleep soon :)

Same here :( I'm struggling to fall asleep, then I'm struggling to stay asleep :( It's very frustrating x

Same. It's been this way since conception for me. I have a history of sleep issues anyway, but they are worse now. I do occasionally have a good night, but it's rare. Trying to get off my sleeping meds isn't helping either!

I'm happy to hear it's not just me. I haven't been able to sleep either. Oddly enough I haven't had to pee in the middle of the night, but I take forever to fall asleep, toss and turn, get a bout of nausea and so on. I'm not usually a bad sleeper so it's really hard for me.

I know! I'm not a bad sleeper either and this is taking a toll on me, especially at work. I feel so out of it. It has to be the changes in hormones.

I think so. It's amazing how much pregnancy alters your body.

Same here. 6 weeks today and I normally can barely drag myself out of bed and press snooze til I am late no matter how much sleep I get. Now countless nights I've awoken and can't fall back asleep and end up in convo with hubby. This week it's been around 4am I wake up with naseau and can barely get any sleep after! Sucks since I gotta be up at 630 for work. And work sucks now! Nothings changed but me, I just don't wanna be here and it sucks! This is going to be a long next few months!!

Yes, I was going to start a thread about insomnia myself because I am struggling so badly with it!! I take ages to fall asleep at night now and I'm waking up sometimes for hours at night, unable to fall back asleep. I'm so exhausted as I'm running around after my two year old all day, so I can't rest when I feel like it, and despite being this tired I can't sleep.

I described it to my OH as feeling like when you have too much caffeine and you can't sleep because you're wired - except that I have had zero caffeine because I'm pregnant!

Also doesn't help that apparently I have 'morning' sickness in the middle of the night too!

This is all new to me as with my son I slept extremely well in first tri, actually better than I slept before ever being pregnant. So I dunno.

I've been having this since about 6 weeks and now I'm 9 weeks. I expected I would have the other end of this problem during pregnancy, not insomnia!! It takes hours and hours to get to sleep at night. Very odd and unexpected. Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for starting this thread!!!

I also am having difficulty with sleep. I can fall asleep and stay asleep no problem (touch wood), but I've been waking up WIDE awake at 5-5:30. It's soo frustrating :( Because then I'm tired by 8pm.

I got a little bit better sleep last night. Finally fell asleep at midnight and slept until my alarm went off a little after 7. Still exhausted though. This weekend I am catching up on sleep!!

I plan on catching up this weekend too. I slept ok last night but I had these freaky and very vivid dreams that woke me up. They were almost nightmares.

I plan on catching up this weekend too. I slept ok last night but I had these freaky and very vivid dreams that woke me up. They were almost nightmares.

I had vivid dreams/nightmares after I first found out I was pregnant. They were terrible. I don't have them anymore which is nice. I slept great last night! It's amazing how a full night of rest can make you feel!! Hopefully this keeps up, lol. Hope you get some good rest this weekend. :thumbup:

For the past week or so I have been having the hardest time getting a good night's rest. I either struggle to fall asleep, or I fall asleep right away and am up ever 2-3 hours to pee. Then, sometimes I can't fall back asleep after that. I've read online that it is common during the first trimester to deal with insomnia but I feel like I'm going crazy. Anybody else going through this? I pray it gets better soon :cry:

AHughes, we chatted a bit a few months ago when we were TTC, I am so happy to see you got your bfp! Looks like we are both due around the same time!!

I am also having trouble sleeping...tossing and turning all night. I am a stomach sleeper and I am trying NOT to sleep on my stomach so it's hard to get comfortable. I bought this wedge pillow to put against my body but it's not helping all that much.

Yes! I remember. Congrats to you as well! :thumbup: I haven't tried a wedge pillow yet, although I may have to if I keep having trouble sleeping. But, I did sleep pretty well last night! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->