sleep

isil

Reaction score
omg, how I need some sleep!

Alasdair gets himself off to sleep and sleeps perfectly from 6-12. Then he wakes up screaming. I try to settle him. If I succeed he'll sleep til 1. Then I settle him again, and an hr later he wakes up screaming. This has been happening every night for about a week now. I have got to the stage where it's getting to 3 or 4 am and I'm just bringing him in with me. I feel like I shouldn't be doing that but then I have to walk into another room just to settle him. He's got 6 teeth now. 4 in the last couple of weeks. I'm just so tired!

Can someone help?!

:hugs: Not much help I'm afraid (you know the sleep problems we've had with Hannah). Do you think it's related to his teething? Hopefully it'll get better soon

oh wow, poor him and all those teeth. Still, on the bright side - there cant be that many more coming now?!...sleep can only be just around the corner?...
x

If it's any consolation Teddy is waking about 4 or 5 times a night at the mo.

thanks everyone, I'm tempted to bother the HV about it. I just don't know what to do! I'm worried it's my fault because of all the disruption and tension with Ally's Daddy moving out and stuff...

Tried nurofen before bed if he's teething? Works for Caitlyn x

thanks Toria, I'll pick some up tomorrow I think. I keep meaning to anyway because it's meant to be better for lowering their temperature than paracetamol and I know I prefer it to paracetamol any day! ugh!

we don't even have calpol! the Dr prescribed us 4 bottles of paracetamol suspension. I took some the other day as we didn't have any tablets in the house and omg, EW! I'm not surprised Alasdair starts whining as soon as the syringe and medicine come out!

:hug: i can sympathise jacob getting up 5-7x a night screaming :dohh: I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Hopefully he will get better soon XxxX

it's awful isn't it!

I'm off to bed now, hoping to get a couple of straight hours in before Ally starts :( I should be thinking positive though, maybe tonight will be the night where he starts sleeping through again!!

:hug: im always in my bed by 10 at the very latest just so i can cope. But like you say stay postive it WILL happen!! XxX

Awww hun hope he sleeps better tonight for u. Ruby was doing the same about a month ago and i think it was down to her having a growth spurt and cutting her top teeth. Hopefully it will pass soon and he'll settle back down. Hope things are going ok with everything :hugs: xx

thank you. I'm thinking maybe more teeth are on the way or something. Another rubbish night! He woke up at 11.45, 12.45, 1.30, 2.30, 3.30 and at 5 I gave up and brought him in with me where he slept until 6.50. I'm going to be yawning all day!

:hug: done about the same as what jacob did :dohh: its rubbish aint makes you feel bad all day! XxX

Gosh i sympathise hun it must be soo tough, Amelia has started waking up again and being a madam at going back to sleep.

She usually goes to bed at 7pm but last night she woke up after 30mins and was trying to play and bounce (on me) until 11pm !!

I know it feels bad but i have resorted to taking her into bed with me at the moment at least that way we both kinda get some sleep.

I would probably try the calprofen (i think its called) see if that helps.....why do they do this? I remember Tezzy posting about Ffion doing this a while a go maybe speak to her and see how she got round...if she has?

Amelia hasn't even got any teeth yet so i've no idea why she is playing up!

thank you. I'm thinking maybe more teeth are on the way or something. Another rubbish night! He woke up at 11.45, 12.45, 1.30, 2.30, 3.30 and at 5 I gave up and brought him in with me where he slept until 6.50. I'm going to be yawning all day!

I wish i hadn't bloody replied to your thread now as Ruby did exactly the same as Alastair lastnight :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Need sleep :sleep: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->