Sleeping..

LovingMommy10

Ry's Mommy<3
Reaction score
Ive heard many rumors (or maybe there not rumors) about sleeping. Ive heard that it is bad to sleep on your back, and its better the sleep on your left side because your right side is bad? Is this true! I hope not, because when I have back pain, sleeping on my back is the only thing that helps!

I heard you were supposed to sleep on your left side?
I heard sleeping on your back/right side puts more pressure on your heart? :shrug:
I still sleep on my right?

I sleep however is comfortable to me. Left or Right, because I can't sleep on one side the whole night. And my back I try not to, but sometimes it happens without me knowing.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/sleepingpositions.html
this website gives you the best information I could find on sleeping while pregnant. For me- I've got very bad back problems- and could only sleep on my stomach so I have a body pillow I put behind me, a pillow between my legs, one next to the one between my legs, and one I like "cuddle". Your body moves during the night, but I know for me I started trying to fall asleep on the left since I found out I was pregnant and it does get easier, I sleep on the right and my back sometimes too. My mom slept on her stomach all through pregnancy.. It just works for some..

Ya I heard something about if you sleep more on your right, the umbillical cord could get rapped around the baby more then sleeping on your left side. Idk im so confused, I just sleep how ever is comfortable to me. Thanks for the website i'll look at that now :D

Yeah I'm not sure what it's called but it puts pressure on it. No good.. You just gotta do what's comfortable for your body- it knows when it's time to change positions.

Sleeping on your back can put pressure on a major blood vessel which, when you're awake, can make you dizzy, light headed, etc, but when you're asleep causes it to be harder for your heart to pump blood through your body.

Sleeping your stomach just gets damn uncomfortable, but it won't harm baby.

Sleeping on either side is fine. Left is recommended if you're getting any sort of cramping or if baby is measuring small as it increases blood flow to the fetus. There's nothing bad about sleeping on the right though, all old wive's tales!

Oh thank you for the info, ive always beeen scared to sleep on my right side but always did cause I have to be comfortable!

Sleeping on your back can put pressure on a major blood vessel which, when you're awake, can make you dizzy, light headed, etc, but when you're asleep causes it to be harder for your heart to pump blood through your body.

Sleeping on either side is fine. Left is recommended if you're getting any sort of cramping or if baby is measuring small as it increases blood flow to the fetus. There's nothing bad about sleeping on the right though, all old wive's tales!

Thank you! I find it really hard to sleep on my left side/back.
I cant sleep on my tummy anymore though, so its my rightside :)
Really need to get one of those big pillow things.

^ Exactly WSS.

I was going to write the same post, but I see I was beaten to it! :haha: Once I got farther along, it got really painful to lay on my back, too. Like, now, if I accidentally sleep on my back I need DH to help me up because my lower back just throbs. My doctor says that laying on your left is best (especially if you are trying to bring down your blood pressure or relieve cramping), but laying on your right is perfectly fine. There are no adverse effects from laying on your right.
If you find that laying on your sides is really unpleasant, I've propped pillows up under one side of my back and leaned on them. That way I wasn't putting all the direct pressure on my back, because I was kind of on an incline to the side. Skye's suggestion of using tons of pillows is really helpful, too. My husband hates the amount of pillows I wrap around me in bed. lol.
Good luck! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->